Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.

Go down 
+11
skullsmasher
manny
YngwieDokkenfan
candlemass
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
James B.
MoonChild
Skysplitter
15 posters

Favorite (Early) Michael Schenker Group Album
The Michael Schenker Group
Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_lcap12%Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
MSG
Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_lcap29%Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Assault Attack
Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_lcap41%Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Built to Destroy
Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_lcap18%Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Whats your favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's?.

I have to choose Assault Attack! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:43 pm

AA hands down. If you vote different you are wrong.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Assault Attack 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:30 pm

you guys choose Graham over Gary....what nerve. He is one of the most one dimensional vocalists ever.

I choose ONE NIGHT AT BUDOKAN but it isn't on your list.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:37 pm

James B. wrote:
you guys choose Graham over Gary....what nerve. He is one of the most one dimensional vocalists ever.

I choose ONE NIGHT AT BUDOKAN but it isn't on your list.

Your crazy! Graham Bonnet is a vocal god!

Oh, and sorry for not having One Night at Budokan, I really should have put it on the list. It is one of the greatest live albums ever made 🤘 .
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:49 pm

AA was great, but Gary is the voice of MSG. I choose Built To Destroy. 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:53 pm

Skysplitter wrote:

Quote:
Your crazy! Graham Bonnet is a vocal god!

I respect your opinion, but I have seen him live with Rainbow, MSG and Alcatraz
and he leaves you going, "why ?" Have friends who saw him when he sang for Impellitteri and basicily have said the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:55 pm

I've got a live DVD with Alcatrazz. I think that was his best gig.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:59 pm

I went with MSG

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Logo_msg
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:07 pm

I chose MSG. Still, all those albums are great, hard to choose. Do you know That Ted Mckenna and Chris Glen are from the SAHB?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:17 pm

I had an LP of his when I was in Okinawa, back in 82-83, I don't remember much about it other than I thought it was ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:52 am

Assault Attack. They all rule though!!!! Perfect Timing is an absolute masterpiece, IMO, even with McCauley on the vocals. The last McCauley-Schenker M.S.G. album is my least favorite M.S.G. album hands down. I'll take it over stuff like Poison or Winger, but it still sucks compared to all of the other M.S.G. albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:31 am

Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Msgmsg

There is no drum beat cooler than Feels Like A Good Thing....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 am

I choose " Assault Attack" has my favorite MSG song "The Desert Song" and it has Graham Bonnet on vocals, one of my fav vocalist and wish this line up had lasted beyond one album.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:59 pm

I chose MSG, but I like them all the first two and Live at Budokan are some of my all time favorites out of everything I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 am

MSG, its all about "Attack OF The Mad Axe Man"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:55 am

manny wrote:
I choose " Assault Attack" has my favorite MSG song "The Desert Song" and it has Graham Bonnet on vocals, one of my fav vocalist and wish this line up had lasted beyond one album.

Desert Song is one awesome tune. I think that combination of melodic beauty and a ballsy hard-rock sound that Schenker is so good at creating in his songs is what makes this song so awesome.

Agree with ya totally on Bonnet. Imagine how Perfect Timing could have sounded with Bonnet on vocals instead of Robin McCauley 🤘
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Assault Attack
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:40 pm

I just picked up a 5CD box set that has all of these + One Night At Budokan for £10.

I've never owned any MSG before.
Back to top Go down
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Lari wrote:
I just picked up a 5CD box set that has all of these + One Night At Budokan for £10.

I've never owned any MSG before.

What a bargain.. I think I spent over 20 £ to get the Budokan album alone. I think the intro Flight of the Valkyries (Wagner) is such a perfect start for a live album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.   Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Michael Schenker Group album of the 80's.
Page 1 of 1