Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Schenker can bite me!

Go down 
+11
YngwieDokkenfan
Olafsto
Shiney
stepcousin
kmorg
GrandNational
spiritoradio
mr.electric39
mc666
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Michael Schenker can bite me! Empty
PostSubject: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:15 pm

I am soooooo sick of this jerk cancelling tours. I have tix and hotel for tomorrow nights show (in Milwaukee - a 5 hour drive) and he has cancelled YET ANOTHER TOUR!!! Apparently his band left him last w/e and he showed up at the Houston show in a taxi with no guitar, signed some autographs, did a 2 song jam with the band that was there and left. I give up on this guy!

HEY MIKE - YOU'RE A HECK OF A GUITARIST BUT YOU TREAT YOUR FANS LIKE CRAP! GET IT TOGETHER!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:50 pm

Have you emailed him personally to let him know? It probably won't matter to him, but you might feel better. I'd be highly steamed myself!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:01 pm

That sucks! Sorry to hear that Saxon.

Brontotex and I were lucky enough to catch the guy in Hollywood the
night before Once Dead played. It was cool. He was touring with Uli
Roth. Got to meet Uli. I didn't want to stand in the hour long line to
meet Schenker for two seconds, so I didn't. Uli was cool. I handed him
my silver Sharpee to have him sign my CD. He thought the pen was cool
and asked me to come stand by him and wait while he used it. I would
have gladly just given it to him, but shoot, he asked me to stand there
with him. Who was I to argue. Very Happy

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:10 pm

you'll get your money back on the tickets. no big deal. it's not the end of the world.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 11:39 pm

I couldn't care less about the $. This is the second time I have had tix for his show and he cancelled both time less than a week before.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:35 am

That happened to me... many moons ago Schenker was gonna play with Armored Saint opening... As I understand it when he heard Saint was gonna open he cancelled....

angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:01 am

I guess that according to his website he is not cancelling his tour. This is what he wrote anyway.

"Hello Everyone,
The US TOUR is NOT cancelled and will continue as planned.
Are You Ready To Rock?
M
ichael"

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:39 am

i guess he heard that he had to bite saxon & decided he'd rather do the tour. Laughing

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
That sucks! Sorry to hear that Saxon.

Brontotex and I were lucky enough to catch the guy in Hollywood the
night before Once Dead played. It was cool. He was touring with Uli
Roth. Got to meet Uli. I didn't want to stand in the hour long line to
meet Schenker for two seconds, so I didn't. Uli was cool. I handed him
my silver Sharpee to have him sign my CD. He thought the pen was cool
and asked me to come stand by him and wait while he used it. I would
have gladly just given it to him, but shoot, he asked me to stand there
with him. Who was I to argue. Very Happy

Ult, the next time you're in Hollywood/L.A., let me know, it's where I live.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:34 am

So Saxon, did you end up going?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 11:56 am

mc666 wrote:
i guess he heard that he had to bite saxon & decided he'd rather do the tour. Laughing

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:41 pm

Quote :
So Saxon, did you end up going?

Yeah - I just got back. I called Shank Hall last night, just in case he was gonna show up with his acoustic or something, but no luck. The manager said "That is the last time we ever book him. He did this to us last year as well!"

But I picked up about 100 rare ones on my 2 day pawn-shopping excursion, so all is not lost!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 11:20 pm

I never had the chance to see Schenker live...I'd love to, but he never comes to my place, and it looks he almost always cancels his tours anyway...Shocked
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 5:14 am

guess he wont hafta bite you after all.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 7:45 am

stepcousin wrote:
guess he wont hafta bite you after all.
it's for the best. he is an old man & he probably has false teeth.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 am

Quote :

But I am chewy!! I will change the title of this post to:
MICHAEL SCHENKER CAN GUM ME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:04 am

He shoudl join Holy Soldier, they could cancel concerts together.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 3:33 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

Damn...It'll take me days to get this image out of my head...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 3:43 am

Read over at Blabbermouth that Michael Schenker is in rehab. Some videos on Youtube of his latest live performances shows that the man is in very bad shape!!
Hope he recovers!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 am

Shiney wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

Damn...It'll take me days to get this image out of my head...

A disturbing image for sure...Sadly, he probably does have false teeth now. Have you guys seen any recent pictures of Schenker? He has started looking really old the past couple of years, no question about that. He still looked like a young dude on the album cover for Written In the Sand. He would have been 40 or 41 there, is 52 or 53 now.

It sucks that he can't seem to get it together and go on another kick butt tour and play his heart out, like The Unforgiven World Tour in '99. He played his heart out on that tour. I'm just glad I have the live album of the tour. If he could just put the friggin bottle down and walk away from it for good, we could probably hear some more kick butt stuff from Michael.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:05 am

I actually saw Schenker once with UFO...of course I was only 7 at the time. They were the opening act for The Doobie Brothers (!)

Sorry to hear about that Sax, some musicians just seem to be perpetual screw-ups when it comes to handling their fellow band-members and fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:45 am

I'm surprised people even still bother to buy tickets to his shows considering how many tours he's cancelled before.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:04 am

That sucks, I am huge Michael Schenker fan, loved his work with UFO and his 80's output with his own band from 1980-1984. One of my favorite guitartist, he in the last few years according to Guitar World due to a divorce and other problems has lost his home, most of his money and even some of his precious flying V's.

According to that article he seems to be trying to put his life together. Here is a link to the article if anyone is interested:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/michael_schenker_brick_by_brick
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:35 pm

This is the best thread title ever.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:04 pm

This the kind of stuff that can really irritate a person. We spend a lot of time and money to support the musicians that we like and for them to pull this type of thing sucks. I understand things happen and not everything always follows the plan but when they make a reputation of canceling shows... makes me feel that they don't deserve what we give them.

For the most part I have not been too let down with all the shows I have been to but it really is worse when you have to travel and make hotel reservations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Schenker can bite me!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next