Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*

Go down 
+66
Lari
Addy
choosemetal
Runicen
Glower
TrogDawn
mlotek
Thelemech
MetalRob331
MoonChild
Required Fields
akeldama
Joe
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
sheets
ElectricEye93
AutumnShantel
ZombieHavoc
Dellocatus
iamrockerfun
BillRoxx
DevZor
candlemass
SycoMantis91
corplhicks
kmorg
deathisgain
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Eyesore
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
ShadowAngel
Lurideath
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Doomedpoet
ozzman
jstate
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
exact33
manny
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 am

S.D. wrote:
Took a break from "13" for a couple weeks, played it again this morning and it's still awesome.  We're a lucky bunch of music fans that Ozzy/Tony/Geezer decided to do another album together.  
Same here. I listened to 13 again after giving it a break, and it still hits hard. Tony, Geezer and Ozzy are firing on all cylinders. I'm truly impressed.

Listened to 13 back to back with The devil that you know and it is remarkable how different they sound. Ozzy has a way of bringing Tony and Geezer to a place where they just click. Dio is great, don't get me wrong, just think Ozzy is the voice of Sabbath. Damn I wish Bill would get it together cause the four of them is a force like none other.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Sabbath related question.

While I'm vastly aware of Tony's, Ozzy's and Ronnie's "solo" output, it there anything from Geezer or Bill worth exploring? I vagulay recall the Geezer albums but never bothered with them. If I understand correctly, they were in more of a nu-metal vein, right?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sabbath related question.

While I'm vastly aware of Tony's, Ozzy's and Ronnie's "solo" output, it there anything from Geezer or Bill worth exploring? I vagulay recall the Geezer albums but never bothered with them. If I understand correctly, they were in more of a nu-metal vein, right?

Geezer's one solo album I own is indeed a nu-metal direction, even features the vocalist to Fear Factory on most of the cuts. I only own one Bill Ward solo album where he indulges in his inner Syd Barrett, I like his solo album a lot but its not for everyone. If you are not a fan of early Pink Floyd, then approach with caution
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:33 pm

G//Z/R was closer to Industrial Metal IMO. Really wasn't anything Nu-Metal about it IMO. Really great METAL album.. H E A V Y!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Black Sabbath will be releasing a live DVD from the "13" tour. The title of the DVD is "Black Sabbath - Live...Gathered In Their Masses" and will be released on November 26th. The video is compiled from the two Melbourne dates they did prior to the release of "13".

Before anyone brings it up, I'm POSITIVE that Ozzy will re-record all his vocals because he always does for live albums.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:29 am

S.D. wrote:

Before anyone brings it up, I'm POSITIVE that Ozzy will re-record all his vocals because he always does for live albums.
Good, he's been sounding pretty damn rough lately besides the occasional good night. I'd rather listen to overdubs than bad singing.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:44 am

S.D. wrote:
Black Sabbath will be releasing a live DVD from the "13" tour.  The title of the DVD is "Black Sabbath - Live...Gathered In Their Masses" and will be released on November 26th.  The video is compiled from the two Melbourne dates they did prior to the release of "13".  

I'm POSITIVE that you are right. Not only because he always does, but because no record company in their right mind would release that shambolic mess!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
G//Z/R was closer to Industrial Metal IMO.  Really wasn't anything Nu-Metal about it IMO.  Really great METAL album..  H E A V Y!!!

There was definitely nothing Nu Metal about his first solo outing!

Nice jacket dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:21 pm

So in a recent interview Bill said he can't listen to 13, but not because it's particularly bad:

“The only thing I’ve heard from 13 is maybe forty seconds of the first song. Then I turned it off. I just said, ‘I can’t listen to this any more.’ I haven’t heard anything off that album, and to be quite honest I don’t care to either. It’s too painful. I wish them all the luck – well, they don’t need luck, but I wish them all the best in the world. But I can’t listen to it; it’s too close to home. If I want to rip my guts out I’ll put it on.”

Pretty sad stuff. I pulled it out the other day to listen to it. While I still enjoy it as much as their early output, I can't help but wonder what Bill would have brought to it. While the drummer does a great job emulating Ward on the album, there's something a little more mechanical about it than Ward's style. Of course, my only complaint about the album still stands: the drums are terribly mixed. Seriously would almost ruin the record if not for the stellar songwriting and performances.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:27 pm

It would have been great to have Bill on the record. Maybe they can all get together for another. I still think 13 is a good record. I don't listen to it as much as did in the beginning, but when I do, I'm still impressed.

Another album, this time with Bill.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/corey_taylor_zakk_wylde_jason_newsted_lead_all_star_geezer_butler_tribute.html
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/corey_taylor_zakk_wylde_jason_newsted_lead_all_star_geezer_butler_tribute.html
In a recent interview with Loudwire, Jason Newsted explained the influence that Geezer Butler has had on his playing:
"Geezer, for me - not really sure how to describe it. Somehow he just got his hooks into me. Maybe he did that with many other bass players too, but he was a lead bassist from the get go. Black Sabbath, there's a lot of space in those songs. There's a lot of room for everyone to go off and he was always doing that so supportive and so musical with the drums, very jazz-oriented rhythm section in Black Sabbath that just got super loud and heavy. Very progressive. So that was always a big influence on me, having the bass that loud up front like that. That attracted all of us."

really cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:05 pm

journeyman wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
In a recent interview with Loudwire, Jason Newsted explained the influence that Geezer Butler has had on his playing:
"Geezer, for me - not really sure how to describe it. Somehow he just got his hooks into me. Maybe he did that with many other bass players too, but he was a lead bassist from the get go. Black Sabbath, there's a lot of space in those songs. There's a lot of room for everyone to go off and he was always doing that so supportive and so musical with the drums, very jazz-oriented rhythm section in Black Sabbath that just got super loud and heavy. Very progressive. So that was always a big influence on me, having the bass that loud up front like that. That attracted all of us."

really cool.
I think he nails it when explaining Geezer....
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 pm

They're coming to my province next year. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm getting up early tomorrow just to buy my ticket!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 am

Not a bad song there, but by and large "G-Z-R" was little more than mediocre drivel, nothing memorable...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Actually, tickets don't go on sale until this weekend. I'm getting up early to buy one, though!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:43 am

Does anyone have those demos from The Geezer Butler Band?? I like that...

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 am

I'm really going to have to get 13 on vinyl. I don't know what it is (the music's great) but there's something about it that sounds like ass.

Maybe the vinyl will be better.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 am

Great thread! Black Sabbath is my favorite band and I love all incarnations of the band with Ozzy/Dio years being my most cherished albums of my collection. I have almost everything and a bunch of Boots; but I am missing Headless Cross(though I have this one on tape), Cross Purposes and Forbidden.
I thought 13 was/is excellent and have listened to it constantly since I bought it. All it is missing is Bill!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I'm really going to have to get 13 on vinyl. I don't know what it is (the music's great) but there's something about it that sounds like ass.

Maybe the vinyl will be better.
The LP sounds better, not nearly as compressed as the CD.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:45 pm

I bought a ticket to see them live in April yesterday morning!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 am

Thelemech wrote:
Great thread! Black Sabbath is my favorite band and I love all incarnations of the band with Ozzy/Dio years being my most cherished albums of my collection. I have almost everything and a bunch of Boots; but I am missing Headless Cross(though I have this one on tape), Cross Purposes and Forbidden.
I thought 13 was/is excellent and have listened to it constantly since I bought it. All it is missing is Bill!
I thought I heard plans on a reissue of Headless Cross, but I'm not sure what has come of that. Either way, it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:09 am

Required Fields wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
I thought I heard plans on a reissue of Headless Cross, but I'm not sure what has come of that. Either way, it's a great album.
Well there was a plan on remastering the Tony Martin albums and releasing them as Deluxe Editions.
But I have not heard anything new on that front for a few years.

I just ordered Cross Purposes from Amazon for 50$ Cool
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:41 am

I did not watch it, but apparently Black Sabbath won a Grammy last night, ok you can go back to sleep now:

God Is Dead?, from 13, Sabbath’s acclaimed reunion album with Ozzy Osbourne, headed off competition from Anthrax, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage and Volbeat. It’s the band’s second Grammy after they won the same category for their classic track Iron Man in 2000, three decades after its original release.

Zeppelin’s Celebration Day finally won the iconic band an individual Grammy – until now they’d only received a lifetime achievement gong from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Recorded at the band’s historic reunion show in 2007, the record beat David Bowie’s surprise comeback The Next Day and Kings Of Leon’s Mechanical Bull, Queens Of The Stone Age’s …Like Clockwork and Neil Young with Crazy Horse’s Psychedelic Pill.

McCartney was the biggest rock winner of the night, leaving with a total of five Grammys. He accepted a lifetime achievement award alongside Beatles bandmate Ringo Star, and also won Best Rock Song with Cut Me Some Slack, his collaboration with the surviving members of Nirvana. His 2012 release Live Kisses was named Best Surround Sound Album and Best Music Film, while the recent deluxe edition of Wings Over America won Best Boxed Or Limited Edition Package.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:44 am

manny wrote:
I did not watch it, but apparently Black Sabbath won a Grammy last night, ok you can go back to sleep now:

God Is Dead?, from 13, Sabbath’s acclaimed reunion album with Ozzy Osbourne, headed off competition from Anthrax, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage and Volbeat. It’s the band’s second Grammy after they won the same category for their classic track Iron Man in 2000, three decades after its original release.

Zeppelin’s Celebration Day finally won the iconic band an individual Grammy – until now they’d only received a lifetime achievement gong from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Recorded at the band’s historic reunion show in 2007, the record beat David Bowie’s surprise comeback The Next Day and Kings Of Leon’s Mechanical Bull, Queens Of The Stone Age’s …Like Clockwork and Neil Young with Crazy Horse’s Psychedelic Pill.

McCartney was the biggest rock winner of the night, leaving with a total of five Grammys. He accepted a lifetime achievement award alongside Beatles bandmate Ringo Star, and also won Best Rock Song with Cut Me Some Slack, his collaboration with the surviving members of Nirvana. His 2012 release Live Kisses was named Best Surround Sound Album and Best Music Film, while the recent deluxe edition of Wings Over America won Best Boxed Or Limited Edition Package.

They won, but it wasn't on the televised portion of the show. Sabbath did come out and Ozzy mumbled some nonsense about The Beatles being his favorite band and then they left.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*
Page 25 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next