Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I can't see it getting them any new fans though.
I know, because a great album will do nothing but please existing fans stuck in the past. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:03 pm

The next one should be even better. I think that's when we'll really really start to see whether there is major fruit with this resurrection or not.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The next one should be even better. I think that's when we'll really really start to see whether there is major fruit with this resurrection or not.
I agree.

Todd mentioned that they have longer songs, "Roads to Madness" length, planned for the next one. At least one, anyway.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I agree.

Todd mentioned that they have longer songs, "Roads to Madness" length, planned for the next one. At least one, anyway.

Yep - very cool that they are already writing for the next one...

Anyone catch That Metal Show last night? Todd and Scott where on (with the rest of the band in the audience.) Cool appearance - they played the Tate clip from last year where he said he wanted to "sit down in a room" and talk about the "issues" and let Scott respond. Love the responses of "We did - in Brazil, and we all know how well that went down"

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:56 am

I wish Scott would of gotten up and jumped on Carmine hair-a-piece's kit....both him and his brother have been so boring.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
I know, because a great album will do nothing but please existing fans stuck in the past. Wink 

You think that it's a great album, but you are already a big fan.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

You think that it's a great album, but you are already a big fan.

It is a great album....

The older bands that survive have the ability to get new fans - in the 80's, who would have thought that bands that were left for dead in the 70's (like Aerosmith, KISS) would have come back in the 80's and get new fans from the teenage music buying population?

Or currently, bands like Testament, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer have all found new fans. Go to any Iron Maiden show - 1/2 the fans are fans from back in the day and 1/2 are newer fans that were either in diapers or hadn't been born yet during the classic run.

I am sure they will add new fans because of this album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:34 am

Time will tell
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Time will tell

I work on a highway crew of about 25 men. I have played the new Queensryche cd where we all camp out at and have had a couple of guys (who never heard of them) like it enough to either borrow it and even buy it when they went into town to get supplies.

That is a ratio of about 1 in 4. The ages renge from early 60's to late teens/early 20's. It is also in one of the most isolated and least populated regions of the U.S.

Using this as a template, I'd wager the new fan ratio in places where there are more people and means to access the album, that percentage mmight be somewhat higher ?

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 1:16 pm

3,324,047,000 people in the world are male.

So lets say that about 2,000,000,000 of them are adult men

So using that ratio of 1 in 4

Queensryche can look forward to album sales in the region of 500,000,000

Good times for LaTorre and the boys!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
3,324,047,000 people in the world are male.

So lets say that about 2,000,000,000 of them are adult men

So using that ratio of 1 in 4

Queensryche can look forward to album sales in the region of 500,000,000

Good times for LaTorre and the boys!! Laughing very hard 

You missed the most important factor of what I said and ran with the ball in the wrong direction. The one in four ratio was iin regards to people who "heard" the album and reacted after the fact. Reading comprehension is such a wonderful thing when applied in proper fashion. I was just pointing out that in a small secluded demographic, the band got new fans. which condradicted your "time will tell" statement. Also try looking up the definiton of context when using it in both reading what somebody posted, understanding what somebody posted, and then responding to what somebody posted. Perhaps then, an attempt at humor might actually be funny and be relevant to what is/was being discussed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:01 pm

I was in a Best Buy store yesterday lookin' for the new album and its slot on the "new release" rack was empty. Went to the Queensryche section and there were a few copies of F.U. rotting away on the shelf but no ToddRyches. So I was bummed that I went home empty handed, but I guess that's a good sign for the success of the record.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Firstly James, my attempt at humor was masking the stone cold fact that your post was ridiculous. So what if a couple of guys that you played it to liked it? To extrapolate this to the umpteeth degree and throw in completely unsubstantiated rubbish about populated areas is nothing more than 'figures that you have plucked from your behind'

How on earth have you contradicted my 'time will tell' statement? In what way have you proved that time will not tell? Time always tells and the fact that you think yourself capable of contradicting this tells me more about your ego than the validity of my statement.

Hearing a band is not really that hard in the internet age, the fact that only about 250,000 have bothered suggests that the world isn't knocking down the door for this one, I'm merely suggesting that this record, while okay and a joy to real fans, probably won't change that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Honestly, what I have heard from Toddryche is no better (IMO) than the good songs on FU...there are just a few more of them on Toddryche. Toddryche has succeeded in offering something more resembling old Queensryche, but the songs aren't necessarily all that great...again, IMO. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but it's not "holy crap this is amazing!!!" good.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Boris:

Leo said, they will add new fans because of this album. You then responded, "time will tell". I shared my actual real life experience with people who were not fans, who then went and bought the album after I played it for them.  That "contradicts" your "time will tell" pretty plain and simple.   If I have to explain demographics and consumer purchasing percentages/practices based on per capita application(s) than perhaps you'll never understand why I posted what I did.   Where we are working, there is no interent service.  No cell phone service either unless you drive about 17 miles away on top of a hill and you might get a signal.  I think the album is just a smidge above average myself.  With the trend in modern music here in the states at this time, I see the album attracting more fans of bands like Shinedown and the like than the  die hard metalheads of yesteryear. The songs for the most part are not even "metal" in the sense of what "metal" is considered nowadays.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Queensryche hasn't been straight Metal since the EP anyway...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:47 pm

I've yet to hear the album on a CD, but for now, thanks youtube, only In This Light really sticks out as a great song. Overall it must be better than F.U, but the best songs from both releases, as Shawn said, are pretty much on the same level. Now off to listen to "The Wisper" remembering passion and emotional strength blazing out from RFO.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:58 pm

James B. wrote:
 That "contradicts" your "time will tell" pretty plain and simple.

How? You really do have to explain it to me because you don't seem to understand a three word statement!

I never said as an absolute fact that they would not get two new fans out of it, I said that I didn't think that it was the one that would get them a new audience in general, my 'time will tell' statement was just a way of saying that Eyesore & Joker thought it would, I didn't think so, but time would prove one of us wrong! (and if I am wrong, I'll have absolutely no problem with that)

I may be wrong about the new fans (I still don't think that I will be), but I'm not wrong that time will tell, that is a statement of fact, there is nothing to contradict!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Honestly, what I have heard from Toddryche is no better (IMO) than the good songs on FU...there are just a few more of them on Toddryche. Toddryche has succeeded in offering something more resembling old Queensryche, but the songs aren't necessarily all that great...again, IMO. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but it's not "holy crap this is amazing!!!" good.
Definitely not amazing. Anyone suggesting that is silly. Then again, like I mentioned before, it's really hard to amaze us old farts at this point.

I would say, though, that the best songs—"Where Dreams Go to Die," "In This Light," "Redemption," "A World Without," "Open Road"—on the Toddryche album are far better than the best songs—"Cold," "In The Hands of God," "Weight of the World"—on the Tateryche album.

Not that the comparison is really relevant. =)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore & Joker thought it would, I didn't think so

In that context, "time will tell" applies more to your point of view than theirs being that you are the one who said it. Usually, folks toss it out there when they are pretty assured of themselves being correct. I can see your confusion or mine. I am applying the "time will tell" to your position on the matter and not the after the fact manner in which you explained.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Neither of you can prove this one way another, so shaddap! lol! 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Neither of you can prove this one way another, so shaddap! lol! 

I know...

unless......soundscan offered an option to say if you are A)fanboy, B)new fan, or C)hoping it will become collectors item and are gonna never open it.

or maybe I'm trying to impress people with my assumed intellect when I'm actually just a dumb @$$ biker:huh: 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Either way, I'm interested to know how much it sold last week. Those numbers should be out soon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Either way, I'm interested to know how much it sold last week. Those numbers should be out soon.

i am really interested as well, even after CM was saying they pre-sold a lot.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 8:43 pm

I am sure the album will be at least moderately successful, which in this day and age is impressive.

I am not sure it will add that many new fans, but it will have older fans who do not belong to music boards probably go and check them out. With Geoff Tate's career suicide he is currently committing and mudslinging back and forth, this break up has been the most attention this band has received in over a decade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next