Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Corplhicks wrote:
exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Aaaaaand hello page 40.

EDIT: Humbug.

itll get here soon enough as once i am done posting under all those other names at The Geoffs youtube site.

Yeah you should stop using the word 'king' in all your accounts: kingrulez38, foreverkingXOXO, kingzalot2013, tateisking, kingtateyo, etc etc.

thekingsvest777, Vest4daking, Kingsania, fre(king)syunkownrocks... This is fun Razz

*edit*. Ooh 40!!!   Nailed it.

Last edited by DevZor on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Congratulations, DevZor! Time to rock Page 40! tr00 
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Thank you, thank you!

Fanfare is not necessary, but greatly appreciated. thanks 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:11 am

Official Queensryche thread pt 2 coming soon.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:00 pm

corplhicks wrote:
exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Aaaaaand hello page 40.

EDIT: Humbug.

itll get here soon enough as once i am done posting under all those other names at The Geoffs youtube site.

Yeah you should stop using the word 'king' in all your accounts: kingrulez38, foreverkingXOXO, kingzalot2013, tateisking, kingtateyo, etc etc. lol! 

you think that is too obvious??

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Went to Best Buy today and picked up the special edition. It was the last one on the shelf behind a big pile of Tate-Ryche CDs. The box has a guitar pick, patch, sticker, three pins and the digi-pack CD. Haven't heard it yet but was surprised by all the stuff that was in it.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Honestly, what I have heard from Toddryche is no better (IMO) than the good songs on FU...there are just a few more of them on Toddryche. Toddryche has succeeded in offering something more resembling old Queensryche, but the songs aren't necessarily all that great...again, IMO. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but it's not "holy crap this is amazing!!!" good.

I agree so far, but I gotta say, this is the first QR album I didn't have to force myself to listen to and actually try to like. I enjoyed it on the first spin and I wasn't thinking to myself, "man this sucks." That's pretty much the way it's been for several albums with them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Honestly, what I have heard from Toddryche is no better (IMO) than the good songs on FU...there are just a few more of them on Toddryche. Toddryche has succeeded in offering something more resembling old Queensryche, but the songs aren't necessarily all that great...again, IMO. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but it's not "holy crap this is amazing!!!" good.

I agree so far, but I gotta say, this is the first QR album I didn't have to force myself to listen to and actually try to like. I enjoyed it on the first spin and I wasn't thinking to myself, "man this sucks." That's pretty much the way it's been for several albums with them.
While I like a number of songs on Frequency Unknown, none have gotten better with repeated listens. With the Toddryche album, songs like "Where Dreams Go To Die," "Open Road," "In This Light," and "A World Without" get better and better.

These songs, in my opinion, are some of the finest songs they've done in 20+ years, if not ever.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

While I like a number of songs on Frequency Unknown, none have gotten better with repeated listens. With the Toddryche album, songs like "Where Dreams Go To Die," "Open Road," "In This Light," and "A World Without" get better and better.

These songs, in my opinion, are some of the finest songs they've done in 20+ years, if not ever.

Have to agree - those songs just get better and better. I'd throw Spore in there too....
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:24 pm

I like both albums equally.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

To be fair, I don't have the Tate-ryche CD yet and have only heard it online, so I guess I should reserve my opinion until that time. I do like the song Cold.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

To be fair, I don't have the Tate-ryche CD yet and have only heard it online, so I guess I should reserve my opinion until that time. I do like the song Cold.
I really dig "Cold" and "Weight of the World."
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Two songs I like by Tateryche vs only two I done't really like by Todryche. No contest in my book. Tateryche sounds forced, those songs were done in a big hurry.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Two songs I like by Tateryche vs only two I done't really like by Todryche. No contest in my book. Tateryche sounds forced, those songs were done in a big hurry.

i listened to the albums song against song and to me both are different styles. The Geoff says his is metal but i dont think so.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:19 am

I spun the Todd-ryche album again yesterday and, honestly, it was not keeping my attention. I can't say it sucks, I guess I'm just not all that interested. I guess this and Tate-ryche both suffered the same fate with me...a handful of strong tracks but nothing I'll reach for very often.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:43 am

Had a chance to finally listen the album, and I have to echo Shawn's feelings. While not bad, it doesn't grab me for the most part. In This Light, Fallout and Open road are great and really caught my attention, so did live tracks, but other than that, its more of a miss for me. At least when Tate releases something, curiosity raises how bad it will turn out and how weird he will act. This one leaves me without any feelings sadly.

-------

http://www.heartofmetal.net/viewtopic.forum?t=20900
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40