Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Well, I must say it did better than I thought, for a band like Queensryche. Really happy for them. Thought the album would sell something around 8-9k copies. Good to know this ridiculousness around them feeds the flame.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Hmmm...I expected it to sell more. I mean, the new Amon Amarth charted higher! Does anyone know if this number includes pre-orders?
I'm not quite sure why you are surprised, Amon Amarth and Queensryche both posted songs (Redemption and Deceiver of the Gods) from the new records on youtube a few weeks ago, the AA vid has almost three times as many views. I know that record sales are down, but Sabbath did 155,000 and QOTSA 91,000 in their 1st week, 13,500 isn't great.

But at least it beat Tate
The Sabbath numbers are not shocking. Queens of the Stone Age is hipster-friendly, so I get those numbers, but apparently I'm out of the loop when it comes to Amon Amarth. When did they become so popular in the US?

Either way, I am still surprised. Then again, with fans divided and nearly two decades of not-so-great music coming from the band, they probably have a lot of work to do in terms of rebuilding fan confidence.

Shame we'll never know how much an album is illegally downloaded.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 pm

undefined wrote:
Quote :

Blabbermouth wrote:
TODD LA TORRE-Fronted Version Of QUEENSRŸCHE: Self-Titled Album Cracks U.S. Top 25 - July 3, 2013

The new self-titled album from the Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE, sold around 13,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 23 on The Billboard 200 chart. The record arrived in stores on June 25 via Century Media Records.

"Frequency Unknown", the latest album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE, opened with around 5,500 units to debut at No. 82
Im very happy with how it charted. I think the album kicks ass. I've been so disapointed with their out put since Promise Land that I'm happy to see them back on track. Some of you like only one or two songs, some just a few. That's okay this is America. We have the right to like or not like something.   headbanger 

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:24 pm

i have been through the new album a few times and i am really enjoying the S/T.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The Sabbath numbers are not shocking. Queens of the Stone Age is hipster-friendly, so I get those numbers, but apparently I'm out of the loop when it comes to Amon Amarth. When did they become so popular in the US?

Amon Amarth = result of metalcore gradually giving way to melodeath in the USA, add catchy choruses and kitschy thing kids can get behind without having to take it seriously (the Viking angle), because the majority of metal that goes to THAT level here is either 'tongue in cheek', 'classic', or is wicked fast shredding tech dude. There's a reason that, say, Blind Guardian or Rage or maybe a newer band like Grand Magus, has a glass ceiling over here. I'm fairly indifferent on the band, so it's no slight to them. Just saying what I can best observe.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hmmm...I expected it to sell more. I mean, the new Amon Amarth charted higher! Does anyone know if this number includes pre-orders?

i had a hard time finding it here where i live - and i live between Philly and Baltimore. Best Buy and Wally world didnt have it so i had to resort to Amazon later in the week.

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Basically Amon Amarth are the band that's cool to love at the moment, mainly because "lol vikings."
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:14 am

I thought the sales numbers were quite respectable to be honest.

I'd like to see the worldwide figures and see just how it's gone down around the globe.

The band needs to get on the road and get some decent marketing going to really push the album. It's a cracking album and once the court case is settled asuming they keep the name (which is be very surprised if they don't) then this could platform a second wind for their career. Follow up this release with an even better album and they could start to climb up the ladder of respectability again.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:52 pm

i listened to one track of the S/T and then one track from FU until i was finished with the S/T and i have to say the difference is amazing - the S/T blows away FU.

bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
i listened to one track of the S/T and then one track from FU until i was finished with the S/T and i have to say the difference is amazing - the S/T blows away FU.

I gave them both a chance & I love S/T       headbanger
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:14 pm

So. I heard the whole thing. Much better quality, obviously, than the stream I first heard. It clicked. Not bad. Like I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of the QR library in general, but this got rather intense. You can feel the band's passion in the music, and I enjoy Todd so much more than Geoff. I just wish they would've cranked the guitars a bit more, but overall I'm impressed and enjoyed it more than FU. Also pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Heard Redemption on the radio today. I was surprised.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So. I heard the whole thing. Much better quality, obviously, than the stream I first heard. It clicked. Not bad. Like I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of the QR library in general, but this got rather intense. You can feel the band's passion in the music, and I enjoy Todd so much more than Geoff. I just wish they would've cranked the guitars a bit more, but overall I'm impressed and enjoyed it more than FU. Also pleasantly surprised.

I thought I would like it, but didn't realize I would like it as much as I do. Got my 180 Gram vinyl today - it's a different master and I can hear the difference.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm

I absolutely love this album. I could live without "Don't Look Back," which is kinda sub-par compared to the other tracks, but it's okay. The rest, however, I love. Looking forward to what they do next. I think the next album will really show whether or not these guys are back or if this was something of a fluke.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 pm

New video.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I absolutely love this album. I could live without "Don't Look Back," which is kinda sub-par compared to the other tracks, but it's okay. The rest, however, I love. Looking forward to what they do next. I think the next album will really show whether or not these guys are back or if this was something of a fluke.

Yep, me too. I like "Don't Look Back", it could use a better chorus and it would be perfect... it's also the first song they wrote for the new album. They are already writing for the next album - we'll see if the next one is killer or this the fluke. We won't know for another couple of years. It's cool that they are already writing for the next one and not waiting until the tour is done to get back in writing mode. A couple interviews I have read said Parker and Todd already have one done, and Whip's got a more epic track ready.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New video.

Nice...... What was The Geoff saying about having larger audiences than Queensryche???? LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New video.

This is the first chance I've had to hear the new Ryche......I like it!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Been lurking this thread for a while. Rather interesting. Back to lurk and look for page 40. I did find the phone video where he "throws it back" to the guy rather hilarious.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:

i think the album is a winner too. Its a little short but i enjoy it.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:29 am

Count me in for loving this album. Hell, I even enjoy the live bonus tracks and those are usually skippers for me. Felt like a band that was hungry and had something to prove. Looking forward to what they do next. I may even see if their tour comes anywhere around my parts.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Aaaaaand hello page 40.

EDIT: Humbug.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Aaaaaand hello page 40.

itll get here soon enough as once i am done posting under all those other names at The Geoffs youtube site.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Aaaaaand hello page 40.

itll get here soon enough as once i am done posting under all those other names at The Geoffs youtube site.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Aaaaaand hello page 40.

Yeah you should stop using the word 'king' in all your accounts: kingrulez38, foreverkingXOXO, kingzalot2013, tateisking, kingtateyo, etc etc. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next