Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:47 am

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It's just funny how you guys gloss over what lemmings these other guys were and pretend like they have all the integrity. It's not like the projects they did without Geoff were any good any way.
I'm in complete agreement with you. Those "other guys" had songwriting credits on those recent crap Queensryche albums as well.
No one ever said they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Just for fun...... Tate's FB is promoting that he has a sold out performance tonight....... at this place:

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 52175910

The place has a max capacity of 600 and is called the Belly Up Tavern..... sounds like the right name for this trainwreck!

He's probably decided to play The Belly Up Tavern because he knows that his belly will fill the place!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Just for fun...... Tate's FB is promoting that he has a sold out performance tonight....... at this place:

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 52175910

The place has a max capacity of 600 and is called the Belly Up Tavern..... sounds like the right name for this trainwreck!

He's probably decided to play The Belly Up Tavern because he knows that his belly will fill the place!! Laughing very hard

or that his version of Tateryche is about to go Belly Up!

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:11 pm

When Iron Maiden was touring with Blaze they played a club about that size in Seattle.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 am

OK, I've heard the whole thing. Here's the initial verdict...

DECENT TO GOOD:
Cold
In The Hands of God
Life Without You
Everything
Fallen (good verses, weak chorus)
The Weight Of The Workd

SUCK:
Dare
Give It To You
Slave
Running Backwards
Re-Records

I don't know what it is about front-loading the albums with the worst songs while putting good ones at the end, but GT is becoming a master at it. The last few Ryche's were that way, as was his K&T album. Re-records aside (ugh) the second half of the album is actually, surprisingly, cool.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:32 pm

I have to say that Dare is one of the worst songs that I have ever heard in my life!

It really flat out sucks!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah, "Dare" is horrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Didn't someone say theGeoff's daughters or stepdaughter was in the cabaret tour?

Tichy is a phenom on drums.

Supposedly his stepdaughter (Miranda Tate) that he raised as a daughter is one of the girls in that pic.... What kind of father makes their daughter act like she's working the pole????? Not only that, makes her act sensual towards said father??????

Yea, that's just wrong. Wink

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:18 am

So this here Frequency Unknown album is worse than I first thought. Damn. I never gave the re-recordings a full listen until tonight and...man, they're atrociously bad. I knew they were bad, but unless you hear them all the way through, it doesn't really register just how bad they are.

I still think "Cold" and "The Weight of the World" are good tunes, the latter being very good. "In the Hands of God" is also pretty decent, but the rest...no thank you. This thing is a sad mess.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:52 pm

ToddRyche revealed their new album cover & track listing today... the album will be self titled. Release date is June 25th.

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Queensrycheself

The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE will release its new album, simply titled "Queensrÿche", on June 25 via Century Media Records. The cover artwork was created by Craig Howell, who has previously worked on designs for "Star Wars", SLIPKNOT and "American Idol", to name a few.

"Queensrÿche" marks the debut release from the lineup comprised of La Torre (vocals; ex-CRIMSON GLORY), Michael Wilton (guitar), Parker Lundgren (guitar), Eddie Jackson (bass) and Scott Rockenfield (drums). The drums for the album were recorded at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals were laid down at several different facilities on the West Coast.

Fans were treated to a taste of the new album when the band released "Redemption" and it has been garnering praise ever since. The song has been listened to over 150,000 times on YouTube since it was unveiled last month.

"This gets said often by a lot of bands, but we believe we have recorded some of our finest music in years," says drummer Scott Rockenfield.

"The collaborative effort of everyone on this album is something we are extremely proud of.

"Working with Jimbo and the addition of Todd has revitalized the band in ways we never knew until we heard the final results.

"We know you have to wait a little longer but are excited for all of our fans to hear it. QUEENSRŸCHE wouldn't be in this position if not for your unwavering support."

"Queensrÿche" track listing:

01. X2
02. Where Dreams Go To Die
03. Spore
04. In This Light
05. Redemption
06. Vindication
07. Midnight Lullaby
08. A World Without
09. Don't Look Back
10. Fallout
11. Open Road

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:57 pm

They had to use a guy who's worked on Star Wars to make a tri-ryche with some bolts in it? surprised

Looking forward to checking this out though. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 pm

the cover is ok - it doesnt really do a whole lot for me though.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:17 pm

exact33 wrote:

You gotta give it this much: at least it's classier than a stock-photo fist with "F.U." rings on it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ToddRyche revealed their new album cover & track listing today... the album will be self titled. Release date is June 25th.

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Queensrycheself

The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE will release its new album, simply titled "Queensrÿche", on June 25 via Century Media Records. The cover artwork was created by Craig Howell, who has previously worked on designs for "Star Wars", SLIPKNOT and "American Idol", to name a few.

"Queensrÿche" marks the debut release from the lineup comprised of La Torre (vocals; ex-CRIMSON GLORY), Michael Wilton (guitar), Parker Lundgren (guitar), Eddie Jackson (bass) and Scott Rockenfield (drums). The drums for the album were recorded at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals were laid down at several different facilities on the West Coast.

Fans were treated to a taste of the new album when the band released "Redemption" and it has been garnering praise ever since. The song has been listened to over 150,000 times on YouTube since it was unveiled last month.

"This gets said often by a lot of bands, but we believe we have recorded some of our finest music in years," says drummer Scott Rockenfield.

"The collaborative effort of everyone on this album is something we are extremely proud of.

"Working with Jimbo and the addition of Todd has revitalized the band in ways we never knew until we heard the final results.

"We know you have to wait a little longer but are excited for all of our fans to hear it. QUEENSRŸCHE wouldn't be in this position if not for your unwavering support."

"Queensrÿche" track listing:

01. X2
02. Where Dreams Go To Die
03. Spore
04. In This Light
05. Redemption
06. Vindication
07. Midnight Lullaby
08. A World Without
09. Don't Look Back
10. Fallout
11. Open Road

Here's the one I'm way more interested in. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

I do have high hopes for this album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

You gotta give it this much: at least it's classier than a stock-photo fist with "F.U." rings on it. Very Happy

tr00 dat.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:42 pm

exact33 wrote:

Yea, the "dark & gritty" stuff is getting old. I liked that smokey blue look they used for the Rising West project...

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Rising-west

The skull is a little cheesy, but the overall feel is pretty nifty. I would have went in a more classy, clean look but noone asked me. Ah well, whatever. Looking forward to hearing THIS Queensryche.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:49 pm

I loved the blue too, just not the silly tribal skull thing. The Rising West cover looked like something you'd put on your large pickup truck which is in no way a phallic metaphor.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I loved the blue too, just not the silly tribal skull thing. The Rising West cover looked like something you'd put on your large pickup truck which is in no way a phallic metaphor.

yeah...looks like a Walmart t-shirt... lol!

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Um...guys...please don't hate me...

I'm listening to Frequency Unknown at the moment.

Mix is crap. Sounds nothing like Queensryche.

But...

I'm liking it.

I'm really liking it.

Even Dare.

WTF is wrong with me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 pm

First dissing the first W.A.S.P. album, now this... affraid

But I won't hate you. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:11 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Um...guys...please don't hate me...

I'm listening to Frequency Unknown at the moment.

Mix is crap. Sounds nothing like Queensryche.

But...

I'm liking it.

I'm really liking it.

Even Dare.

WTF is wrong with me.

Drunk, perhaps ? just kidding
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:15 pm

007 wrote:
Drunk, perhaps ? just kidding

That's what I thought, but I checked and holy crap I'm sober!

Here's what makes it worse: I was listening to Stratovarius beforehand. affraid
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 pm

"Dare" sucks....but there are a few good songs on there...better than I was expecting.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
They had to use a guy who's worked on Star Wars to make a tri-ryche with some bolts in it? surprised
So many bands use these high-profile, super-expensive artists to do their artwork when you can get a fan to do it better and for free or hire some unknown to do it better and much cheaper.

This cover, while I guess it's not terrible, it is kinda ugly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next