Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It does however get me interested in Queensryche again, which is something that hasn't happend in 10+ years or so.

Wut dis guy sez right here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
It does however get me interested in Queensryche again, which is something that hasn't happend in 10+ years or so.

Wut dis guy sez right here.

Word.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:05 pm

My one complaint about this song, and it's one I have about a lot of songs/albums these days, is that it doesn't sound like one cohesive unit. It's a good song, but I don't think it was written as a song in the traditional sense, with guys in there just jamming, working out all the transitions from section to section and making it a seamless thing. It's parts and ideas cobbled together on a computer.

The transitions are abrupt and don't seem to really fit together perfectly, you know. The best recent example of this is Death Magnetic.

But it is a good song, like Death Magnetic is a good album; I just wish bands stopped writing songs this way.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
My one complaint about this song, and it's one I have about a lot of songs/albums these days, is that it doesn't sound like one cohesive unit. It's a good song, but I don't think it was written as a song in the traditional sense, with guys in there just jamming, working out all the transitions from section to section and making it a seamless thing. It's parts and ideas cobbled together on a computer.

this too. I don't hate this and I'm not saying OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE, just.....this feels like a warm up..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The transitions are abrupt and don't seem to really fit together perfectly, you know. The best recent example of this is Death Magnetic.

But it is a good song, like Death Magnetic is a good album; I just wish bands stopped writing songs this way.
I take this back—I think. Sort of. Been listening to this song here and there, and I think what initially makes it seem choppy is that Todd isn't singing each section entirely the same, so when it shifts from verse to verse, it sounds "off." Plus the second pre-chorus is longer, there's a mid-section that sounds almost part of the second chorus. It all just kind of sounds weird at first.

But now, it sounds fine to my ears. Maybe I was expecting verse-chorus-verse stuff in the simplest sense. I wouldn't call this song "prog" in any way, but this kind formula is definitely not uncommon in progressive music.

Either way, I definitely like the song quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I liked it from the start, but it gets better with each listen it seems like.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm

LOL!!!! Can't fix bad songwriting "in the mix"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188025

GEOFF TATE's QUEENSRŸCHE Taps BILLY SHERWOOD To 'Fix' 'Frequency Unknown' Album - Mar. 27, 2013

Acclaimed musician, record producer and engineer Billy Sherwood has revealed via his Facebook page that he has landed "a new gig": remixing "Frequency Unknown", the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE. Sherwood writes: "[It] seems there are sonic issues with the previous versions and so I shall be fixing it for all to enjoy. [I am] starting on it [Wednesday] morning [March 27]."

"Frequency Unknown" was previously scheduled for release on April 23 via the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records. The CD was produced by Jason Slater at a studio in Northern California.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
LOL!!!! Can't fix bad songwriting "in the mix"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188025

GEOFF TATE's QUEENSRŸCHE Taps BILLY SHERWOOD To 'Fix' 'Frequency Unknown' Album - Mar. 27, 2013

Acclaimed musician, record producer and engineer Billy Sherwood has revealed via his Facebook page that he has landed "a new gig": remixing "Frequency Unknown", the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE. Sherwood writes: "[It] seems there are sonic issues with the previous versions and so I shall be fixing it for all to enjoy. [I am] starting on it [Wednesday] morning [March 27]."

"Frequency Unknown" was previously scheduled for release on April 23 via the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records. The CD was produced by Jason Slater at a studio in Northern California.
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 pm

I fixed the album cover artwork for "Frenquency Unknown"

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnuNGiIzkJxXlM6tC6PRMBLvVTNcm-MAyfTZcjVfTp_SLqhvCKgQ

It is now called "F.U"........"Feces Underwater"

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Sherwood should run shrieking from this.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Supposedly he does a lot of work for Cleopatra Records. I guess the label read all the negative comments about the album and are worried about losing the shirts of their backs on Tate's latest POS and brought him in to polish the turd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

It's a paycheck.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Supposedly he does a lot of work for Cleopatra Records. I guess the label read all the negative comments about the album and are worried about losing the shirts of their backs on Tate's latest POS and brought him in to polish the turd

I think that if they read what is being talked about on this forum they wouldn't spend a single penny more on it. The vast majority of people couldn't give a fig about QR and those who do are firmly behind the other band. How can it possibly be anything other than a massive turkey?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26453

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

James B. wrote:
I fixed the album cover artwork for "Frenquency Unknown"

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnuNGiIzkJxXlM6tC6PRMBLvVTNcm-MAyfTZcjVfTp_SLqhvCKgQ

It is now called "F.U"........"Feces Underwater"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Oh, good Lord. It never ends... Laughing very hard

So how far is this "remixing" gonna set back the release of Tate's album? I wonder if this means the "other" QR's album (which is due in early June) will make it to stores first. If so, they win! QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 25679

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Carnack-mag

I predict a press release stating these samples are just rough mixes and the final product will be much better.....

I'm going to go ahead and say that I called this a week or so ago.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh, good Lord. It never ends... Laughing very hard

So how far is this "remixing" gonna set back the release of Tate's album? I wonder if this means the "other" QR's album (which is due in early June) will make it to stores first. If so, they win! QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 25679

I doubt if it will take very long, they aren't going to want to invest much more money into this. They'll probably give him about a week to complete the whole thing.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:53 am

Someone on Blabbermouth called Geoff "Gackoff Taterskins."

Laughing very hard

Not sure why, but I find that hilarious. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:18 am

The new song is okay, competently arranged and performed, but not really of a style that I'm going to run out and buy these days. There is definitely some autotune on the vocals during the chorus section, but used more as a vocal effect (not as a way to cover up deficiencies). It sounds like Queensryche, it does not sound like a throwback to their early days (which I think some people expected), it's very modern.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 am

So, once again Kelly Gray makes a mess of a recording and someone has to come fix it. He did that w/ Nevermore years ago.

Billy Sherwood is cool though. He used to be in a band called World Trade...cool AOR/Prog type stuff.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
It sounds like Queensryche, it does not sound like a throwback to their early days (which I think some people expected), it's very modern.

To my ears, it sounds more akin to stuff from before 20 years ago than anything afterwards. So I don't get the non-throwback comments. The guitar tones are modern, but you can't help but notice the nuances in the song that touch base on Queensryche of yesteryear. The thing that makes the "modern" tag stick out the most is (IMHDO) the manner in which the song was recorded.

I am really anxious to hear this song done in a live setting. That will get rid of that "cut n paste" vibe and become more cohesive (hopefully).

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
It sounds like Queensryche, it does not sound like a throwback to their early days (which I think some people expected), it's very modern.

To my ears, it sounds more akin to stuff from before 20 years ago than anything afterwards. So I don't get the non-throwback comments.

He means it doesn't sound like "Queen Of The Reich" or that styled material. It sounds like (IMO) more Empire/PL era to me.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:

To my ears, it sounds more akin to stuff from before 20 years ago than anything afterwards. So I don't get the non-throwback comments.

He means it doesn't sound like "Queen Of The Reich" or that styled material. It sounds like (IMO) more Empire/PL era to me.

Saying that would of been alot more clear, at least to me. Those albums ya mentioned are still "throwback" ? Maybe not ?

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:05 pm

James B. wrote:

Saying that would of been alot more clear, at least to me. Those albums ya mentioned are still "throwback" ? Maybe not ?

What I attempted to say is that despite alot of the contemplation on the internet after Tate left, this new recording doesn't sound like "The Warning Part 2". It sounds like Empire/Promised Land era with crunchier riffs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

So now Deadline/Cleopatra are saying the "shitty" version will still be released as originally scheduled on April 23rd and the Billy Sherwood "remix" will be available at a later date.

Quote :
Deadline Music/Cleopatra has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that "Frequency Unknown", the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE, was being remixed by acclaimed musician, record producer and engineer Billy Sherwood:

"Since previews of the new QUEENSRŸCHE album were made available to the general public on iTunes and other digital retailers, some of the response has been less than positive. Some complained about the overall quality of the recordings, and in particular the mix. We here at Deadline Music have the utmost confidence in the powerful songwriting and outstanding performances from Geoff Tate and crew on this album, but we also want the fans to know that we are listening to them as well! So, in the interest of democratic free choice, Deadline Music has commissioned the superbly talented musician/producer Billy Sherwood (formerly of YES) to remix the album. Now fans will be able to decide which mix they feel best represents the album: the original mix, which will be released on April 23rd, or the new mix by Billy Sherwood that will be made available at a future date to be announced…. WE REMIX, YOU DECIDE!"

How gracious is that of Deadline to allow us the privledge to buy 2 versions of the album and then decide which is better!! AWESOME!!

Jeebus, no wonder people illegally download. It's like the record companies are doing everything in their power to self-destruct.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next