Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Boris, you have to understand also, i'll slag on theGeoff for his antics but if put out a good album i'd still buy it. If I based buying music on how personable all the musicians were i'd own like 10 albums.
Same here. I own tons of great music created by dickheads.

Megadeth, NIN, Metallica, Line of Fire...

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 32917

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:19 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Boris, you have to understand also, i'll slag on theGeoff for his antics but if put out a good album i'd still buy it. If I based buying music on how personable all the musicians were i'd own like 10 albums.

Agreed!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:40 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

I'm with you on this. If the album is awesome, I'll get it in spite of everything Tate's been pulling lately.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 am

If I based my musical listening habits to non A-holes, I'd go Van Gogh on myself and cutt of my ears before I practice drumming everday. Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Same here. I own tons of great music created by dickheads.

Megadeth, NIN, Metallica, Line of Fire...

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 32917

Laughing very hard

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 pm

And then there's those wanna be drummers no less. . QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 811939
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:59 pm

So far, this sounds better than new Ryche for these ears
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm

That sounds a little like Sammet to my ear. Like it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 pm

I think Todd has some really solid demos on his YouTube page.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I think this is what prompted my initial question. I don't know the ins and outs of the world of Geoff Tate, but by all accounts he's not a nice guy, and I can understand the animosity towards him. I was wondering if this dislike of the man would influence your opinion of his album if it was great and what if the guys that you think have the right to carry on the name put out an album that sucked.

I think that my curiosity on this has been prompted by the upcoming Sabbath album and my own personal dislike for Ozzy (or rather Ozzcorp!) I really don't like the guy and have very little interest in making him even richer, but I still want the record to be great for the purely selfish reason that I really want to hear another great Sabbath record.

It wasn't a trick question or designed to provoke but I get the feeling that a lot of people would really love for the guy to fall flat on his face.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

if TheGeoff puts out a good album, Ill get it.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:16 pm

My biggest hope is that Scott plays something akin to his abilty and talent headbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

He's kind of the forgotten guy in all this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:57 am

ToddsRyche has signed a record deal with Century Media...their album will be out in June. Will that be soon enough to beat TateRyche's album to the marketplace? Stay tuned!!

Billboard has exclusively learned that rock band Queensryche has signed with metal label Century Media Records for a worldwide record deal. The group will release its next album -- its first with singer Todd La Torre -- on June 11.

Drummer Scott Rockenfield says, "Century Media has been extremely enthusiastic ever since they came into the equation with us, and for what it's worth it's hard to find enthusiasm like that. After 35 years I guess I'm gracious and honored that we have people that are that enthusiastic about the band, so we're really happy about moving forward with them."

Century Media president of North American Don Robertson wrote in an email to Billboard about the label's interest in the band, "Many of us at the label have been longtime fans of Queensryche as a band. When we heard they were recording a new record, we were all definitely interested."

The deal resulted from Queensryche's team putting out feelers for interest in the album. Conversations directly with the group began when the band met Robertson at the Anaheim, Calif., NAMM convention in January. Rockenfield and Robertson declined to reveal details about the deal, other than Robertson stating in his email, "We have the option to be in business with Queensryche for a long time."

Full article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1550557/queensryche-ink-new-record-deal-new-album-due-june-11

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Quote :
Robertson stating in his email, "We have the option to be in business with Queensryche for a long time."

Laughing very hard Corporate talk for "As long as we can eek out some sort of profit, we'll bleed them for all they're worth as long as it takes. First sign of failure and we'll kick them to the curb faster than we did with your mom last night. Boo-ya!"

Ahhhh, ya gotta love it! Here's hoping for a decent album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Big distributor though that guarantees nothing. At least you'd expect they'll get a decent push once it's released.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Quote :
Big distributor though that guarantees nothing.

It beats Cleopatra Records, who snapped up TateRyche. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm

I was hinting at that. Maybe Cleopatra is thinking this will put them on the map.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I was hinting at that. Maybe Cleopatra is thinking this will put them on the map.

You couldn't put that label on the map even if you signed up Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen and The Chimpmuncks. Whoever runs that label does a horrible job of promoting their artist and their releases.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Well, y'know, Cleopatra's done such great things with Paul DiAnno's solo career in the U.S... Haha.

Dunno if you read the entire article I linked above, but it sez oddly enough, Tate's last solo album came out on InsideOut, which is a Century Media sub-label. I wonder if he offered them TateRyche?

Geoff: "Hey guys, thanks for putting out my solo album, I really appreciate it. Say, would you be interested in this all-new Queensryche record I'm putting together? It's got dudes from Night Ranger, King's X, Judas Priest and Slayer playing on it."

Label Dude: "Ummm...hey, y'know, that sounds great, Geoff, but..."

(Phone Rings)

Secretary: "Todd LaTorre and Queensryche are here to see you, sir."

Label Dude: "Crap! Do me a favor, stall'em for a couple of minutes till I can get rid of this guy?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Cleopatra is an independent label that primarily deals in electronic music, they may not be huge but are well-respected.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm

S.D. wrote:
Cleopatra is an independent label that primarily deals in electronic music, they may not be huge but are well-respected.

Yes in the early 90's they released some great albums from Love is Colder then Death and other such artist but their success rate with hard rock and alternative rock artist is less then inspiring
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:21 pm

All I know is, if both sides of this fight end up releasing albums under the "Queensryche" name, I'm gonna be tempted to pick up both of them... cuz when they eventually battle it out in court, somebody is gonna lose their right to use the band name, and then that version's album as "Queensryche" will be a collector's item. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Well, you knew it was coming. Every time Toddryche reveals some sort of news, Tateryche follows with their own. And like I said long ago, his album will come out first.

Quote :
The Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has set "Frequency Unknown" as the title of its new album, due on April 23 via the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records. The CD was produced by Jason Slater at a studio in Nortern California.

Although a lineup for Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed. The band will now feature Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, DIO, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT), guitarist Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE 1998-2001), keyboardist Randy Gane and new additions, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE) and drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, RHINO BUCKET). Guest musicians on the CD include K.K. Downing (JUDAS PRIEST), Chris Poland (MEGADETH), Ty Tabor (KING'S X), Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS), Lita Ford, Brad Gillis (NIGHT RANGER), Dave Meniketti (Y&T) and Craig Locicero (FORBIDDEN)

"Frequency Unknown" is packaged with bonus tracks — four QUEENSRŸCHE classics, newly recorded, including the smash hit single "Silent Lucidity".

"Frequency Unknown" track listing:

01. When Lightning Strikes
02. Running Backwards
03. Fallen
04. Life Without You
05. In The Hands Of God
06. Cold
07. The Weight Of The World
08. Slave
09. Dare
10. Everything

Bonus tracks: (2013 versions)

11. Silent Lucidity
12. Empire
13. Jet City Woman
14. I Don t Believe In Love

Beginning in early April, Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE will be hitting the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the band's epic 1988 release, "Operation: Mindcrime", performing all fifteen songs from the album along with other well-known hits and rarities from the catalog they've compiled over the past 30 years.

"I try to surround myself with the best players available and feel our longtime fans deserve nothing less," says Tate. "I expect the forthcoming effort to be one of our best yet."

Tate, who was fired from QUEENSRŸCHE in June 2012 after fronting the group for three decades, last year sought to prevent his former bandmates from touring and operating under the QUEENSRŸCHE name without him. While ruling against Tate, the presiding judge determined that there was no legal hurdle in Tate also using the name with an all-new lineup of musicians. "I don't see any reason that Mr. Tate can't have the benefit, if he gets other members, of whatever name he uses of using the brand," Superior Court Judge Carol A. Schapira said during the July 13, 2012 court hearing. "I think [doing that would be] inherently confusing, although I'm sure the market can get these things sorted out," she added.

Last November, Tate released his first solo CD in over a decade titled "Kings & Thieves" (InsideOut Music) and toured with his solo band in support of the CD, which included dates with the legendary ALICE COOPER.

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Gtfrequency
I love the douche move to include covers of past hits, too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Wow!

"Of course, they launched a lawsuit against me that I won, basically..." Laughing very hard

Quote :
John Parks of Legendary Rock Interviews recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Legendary Rock Interviews: This whole situation and court battle over QUEENSRŸCHE is something most of us could never have forseen back in the '90s, but yet here we are talking about it, sadly enough. Is there ever a day where the whole drama just doesn't even enter your head?

Geoff Tate: Oh yeah, quite often. [laughs] Yeah, yeah….You know, initially, the first few months that this all started happening was a very difficult time but I've kind of gotten past that now and am in a much better place now where things seem a lot more brighter. I had my new solo album, "Kings & Thieves" and the tour supporting that and that helped, just playing shows and supporting that. I never even think about the former lineup at this point. Of course, they launched a lawsuit against me that I won, basically, and from then on, I really haven't thought about it too much. Our court date isn't until November 2013, so I basically have until then until all of that is officially decided, which is quite aways from now. A lot of water is going to go under the bridge before then, definitely.

Legendary Rock Interviews: You surprised more than a few fans in recent months with your statements that you wouldn't be opposed to sitting down in a room and just trying to talk rationally with those guys. On an obviously much less important note I have noticed that those guys are often not that accessible from a publicity end. We have reached out numerous times to both Michael Wilton and were actually scheduled to talk to Scott Rockenfield, but both times have come up empty-handed. Have you also found a series of unending emails or found them pretty difficult to reach directly? [laughs]

Geoff: [laughs] Yeah, that's pretty much been my experience over the years. That doesn't surprise me. You, John, you've probably recognized the fact that I have probably done 99 percent of the interviews over the course of QUEENSRŸCHE's career. There's a reason for that, there was a reason for that when I talked to you for the last album and there's been a reason for that our entire career; I've been incredibly careful and diligent about presenting our image in a certain way. I'm recognized, pretty universally, as the spokesperson for the band and there's a reason for that. [laughs] I can reliably do my interviews and put a sentence together and I think I have a very good handle on what it is that I am trying to do within the band as the band leader. I have always thought that we were collectively on the same page about this over the years, so when they fired me, it came as a complete shock. It was like a kick upside the head that I wasn't expecting at all, especially at this point in our career where we've been a successful band for 30-plus years and have a very respected name around the world. Why in the world would any sane people launch this whole shakeup and fire everybody who is your support system and everyone who's involved with you, cancel all your income for the year and cut your head off by firing the face and voice of your band. They have basically sliced their own throat and rubbed the name of the band in the dirt in this quest of theirs and have no sane reason why such madness was necessary. It doesn't make any sense. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what their whole plan is, what is their plan after the court date, it just doesn't make any sense.

Legendary Rock Interviews: I have heard you say that you think the whole lawsuit really has a lot to do with money and they have mentioned it was also creative differences. Your wife and daughter worked for the organization and were also fired. Did they just get the feeling there were too many Tates in the kitchen?

Geoff: You know, when you have a group of people, you need a leadership in place and set up efficiently. Somebody has to do it.

Legendary Rock Interviews: So they were comfortable with it for a number of years and then at some point it just started messing with them?

Geoff: Yeah, yeah, I think so. Again, some of that verbiage from them is just down to "created perceptions" or the picture they want to present. The fact is that they wanted to fire me and then split up my shares of the corporation, and typically, true to form for them, they went about it totally half-cocked, unprepared and shortsighted. You can't just do that so easily, you can't just fire a corporate member of your company — it's illegal to do that — but, of course, true to fashion, they didn't research any of that or look into it or talk about it with us they just did it. The fallout of all of that is that we have a lawsuit. It's not like a bunch of guys got together and formed a band and play a bit on the weekends. It's a business, it's a very successful business, and it involves corporate and legal procedures. There's a way you have to conduct yourself business-wise and you have to follow the rules and the law is very explicit in that. That's why we have a court date and a lawsuit. They can't just fire me; it doesn't work that way in corporations or in the business world.

Read the entire interview from Legendary Rock Interviews.

Last edited by Eyesore on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next