Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I check out the live clips every time Blabbermouth posts them, and I Todd seems to sound better and better as times goes by. He's also changing things up from time to time instead of just singing things as Geoff had. I dig that.

I would agree. Plus, I saw them live and they kicked a$$, much better than when I was them with The Geoff last year. Even Parker seemed to be playing better live. The band seemed much happier and played liked they wanted to be there. With Tate, they played well, but tried to stay as far away as possible from The Geoff on stage. Of course, that was right after he attacked the rest of the band. They were probably on guard from flying spit!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I miss the old thread. It would be so large now. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

play with it and it will grow, maybe !

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 pm

James B. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Just wait until The Geoff takes Geoff Tatae's Queesnwreck Staring Geoff Tate, The Original Voice one the road......
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Just wait until The Geoff takes Geoff Tatae's Queesnwreck Staring Geoff Tate, The Original Voice one the road......

does the ego get its own van?

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Has the Fair circuit started yet?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Per Parker Lundgren's Facebook page:

Tune in to Sirius/XM Monday night at 7PM EST/4PM PST to Ozzy's Boneyard (Channel 38) or Eddie Trunk Live/Trunk Nation (Channel 39) to hear the full version of "Redemption" for the first time anywhere!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Full new song posted:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Hard to be objective but that sounds better then anything i've heard from then in a long time.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hard to be objective but that sounds better then anything i've heard from then in a long time.

Agree - really looking forward to the new album! On the plus side, it was more than enough to erase those bad memories of the horrid FU samples.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 pm

That song sounds decent enough. I can dig it.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 pm

I don't have any problems with that song.

Has that vintage QR vibe and some modern attributes.

Looking forward to hearing it on some proper stereo equipment headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Full new song posted:

Without a doubt, one of the best songs they've done since DeGarmo left. Not classic Queensryche, but it's there in the background a bit. Gets better with each spin.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 pm

So, I'm finally caught up and I still can't believe it. By now fans of the band have heard about this unfortunate series of events. No winners. This all should have been resolved away from the public eye. Just reading through this post, tells me how wonderfully receptive the fans are going to be to having two QR choices. Redemption shows promise.

My rant. Less than 1 percent of aspiring musicians get a chance at the gold ring and fools like this piss on the fans and for what, because of stupid stuff. No freakin' respect for the music, fans or themselves. Those fruitcakes need to sit down together and figure it out or hire some folks to do it for them, but for goodness sakes stop being a bunch of losers. As the stomach churns......
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Full new song posted:

Without a doubt, one of the best songs they've done since DeGarmo left. Not classic Queensryche, but it's there in the background a bit. Gets better with each spin.

headbanger

yep. It is more modern sounding but it is a good song.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 am

It's not bad...but not great. The chorus doesn't go anywhere and seems to come out of left-field and not really flow with the song, IMO. It's sort of like a blend of Empire and Promised Land...but not in a way that's as good as either of them.

But, it's still better than almost everything since DeGarmo left.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:25 am

I liked it but did not love it, its good song, the best thing they have done in ages.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 am

That song is okay. I guess I was expecting something a little better. It does sound better than all their most recent stuff however.I'd still like to give the new album a try.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 am

It's OK. There's nothing there that will make me buy it. But it kills the crappy Tate samples. This sounds like what QR should sound like in 2013.

To whoever said this sounds like wanna-be radio fodder, please put down the pipe.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 am

For those that haven't heard TheGeoff's version of Queensryche, I made an MP3 of the iTunes samples for you to enjoy. Nothing illegal, just what has been authorized by the "band". The pure comedy gold begins around the 7:30 mark when the Re-recorded songs kick in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scwvhrz0rmlroz8/QR-FU.mp3

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am

I like the new song well enough. Like others have said, it's good but not great.

It does however get me interested in Queensryche again, which is something that hasn't happend in 10+ years or so. So I guess that's a step in the right direction for the band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's not bad...but not great. The chorus doesn't go anywhere and seems to come out of left-field and not really flow with the song, IMO. It's sort of like a blend of Empire and Promised Land...but not in a way that's as good as either of them.

But, it's still better than almost everything since DeGarmo left.

It's light years beyond anything the band has done since "Promise Land", but I agree with everything you just stated. The chorus seems terribly out of place on this song. I did it enjoy it more on the second listen.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:50 am

Had to listened to it again this morning to see what I think and it's still very good. Not sure why anyone would say it's radio fodder, unless Trunk picks it up who else would play this?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 am

Listened to the new song last night. As Mr. Mackey on South Park would say, it's "Mmmm-kay."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 pm

journeyman wrote:

My rant. Less than 1 percent of aspiring musicians get a chance at the gold ring and fools like this piss on the fans and for what, because of stupid stuff. No freakin' respect for the music, fans or themselves. Those fruitcakes need to sit down together and figure it out or hire some folks to do it for them, but for goodness sakes stop being a bunch of losers. As the stomach churns......

Love it! QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 604261

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next