Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I guess they were in such a rush to get this done they didn't care what some of the songs sound like.

Exactly what I thought. The backing vocals are horrible, the songs sound like the standard recent Queensryche stuff. Probably end up with the half-OK, half-crap review I gave DTC and K&T.

But compare these samples to the samples of the Todd-Ryche stuff and there's no comparison...fans are going to flock in droves to Todd-Ryche.

Oh hell yeaaaa.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:56 pm

tul wrote:

Is this some sort of joke post? All I hear is a garbled mess.

Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sorry I thought it is official. Since I am in the libary I do not have sound.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 pm

hahahahaha yea thats not it but might be an improvement

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 pm

manny wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm a Tate fan too but after watching the latest interviews with him since this whole thing has went down I can't take him seriously anymore. I respected the old Tate, not this one.

Its almost like he has become a different person, of course that is silly thing for me to say, since I have never actually meet the guy

Its true tho. This isn't the same Tate that was around in the 90's. You can just tell by interviews. He always seemed like a quiet down to earth guy. Maybe he's all hopped up on drugs or they drugged his wine.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Maybe his midlife crisis overcame his rational sense.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Ugh. This is pretty dreadful. Musically, whatever; it's the same crap he's been churning out for the last decade. But that production is AWFUL! Good lord.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]Ugh. This is pretty dreadful. Musically, whatever; it's the same crap he's been churning out for the last decade. But that production is AWFUL! Good lord. [/quote

The production is horrid. Its almost completely random with each song. Doesn't sound like theres any flow at all with the sound, the songs or anything. Those re-recorded songs are just a joke. If Geoff Tate is so high class with everything that he does, why release stuff that sounds like this? Some of this stuff doesn't even sound finished. Its totally rushed and sounds like it.

At this point, it doesn't matter what the "real" Queensryche album will sound like because it will sound a million times better than anything on this album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Like any good train wreck, it's hard to turn away so I listened to the clips. Wow, they SUCK. Not much more I can add to what everyone else said on the production or drum machine used. Totally a rush job. This now completes Geoff's Dedicated To Shit trilogy (Dedicated to chaos, Kings & Thieves, this one).

Vocally, you can really tell how much that Tate has lost a lot of his range.

And those remakes? Just awful!!!!! What crap!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tul wrote:

Pretty sure this is a gag, judging from the comments under it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Those clips are a horrorshow. Egads. The re-recordings are vomit inducing.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Carnack-mag

I predict a press release stating these samples are just rough mixes and the final product will be much better.....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Those songs sounded like an 87 year old woman squirting into a Depends after eating a pack of chocolate exlax mistaken for a herseybar.

Last edited by James B. on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 am

SpectreFate wrote:

I predict a press release stating these samples are just rough mixes and the final product will be much better.....

I don't see how...it's already on iTunes for pre-order and an April release...not enough time to remix, remaster, and resubmit.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I don't see how...it's already on iTunes for pre-order and an April release...not enough time to remix, remaster, and resubmit.

Its possible that they submitted rough mixes for samples and they're still working on getting the finals to iTunes. Possible, but unlikely.

This is disappointing, but not surprising for sure, I was hoping it'd light a fire under Geoff's ass and he'd put out a good album. I'm more confident in Todd's version though, but hopefully the hype doesn't overshadow reality.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

It will be hard to listen to the Todd version and not just compare it to theGeoff's version.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
It will be hard to listen to the Todd version and not just compare it to theGeoff's version.

Geoff Tate would not have this issue, if he would have released the album under his own name, sure comparsions would be made because he is their, well was their vocalist, but not as much without attaching the name Queensryche.

BTW did he not just release a solo album? I can't believe he stopped promoting that disc already to release this rush recording of tunes that would not even made it to demo stages during Queensryche's heyday.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm

I listened to these samples again. Mix still sucks, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Some tunes sound like they could be pretty good, which is basically what can be said about every QR album since DeGarmo left. The mix will kill them, though.

That said, we all know Geoff's voice has suffered in the past decade or so. I'm not sure it's ever been so evident than on these samples of re-recordings. He's off the mark the entire time.

Sad.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
This now completes Geoff's Dedicated To Shit trilogy (Dedicated to chaos, Kings & Thieves, this one).

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:01 am

http://www.bravewords.com/news/200889

Todd commenting on the new album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 am

He seems to want to take the high road, not taking the line they offer to bash theGeoff.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 am

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Gtcut_10

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I check out the live clips every time Blabbermouth posts them, and I Todd seems to sound better and better as times goes by. He's also changing things up from time to time instead of just singing things as Geoff had. I dig that.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: a question    QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:59 pm

A question. Tate stills owns 25 percent. Recording his album cost money, and since it is highly likely that it will loose money, does it mean that the other guys have to pay for this loss? So far they are still connected and he will publish the album as Queensryche.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:35 pm

tul wrote:
A question. Tate stills owns 25 percent. Recording his album cost money, and since it is highly likely that it will loose money, does it mean that the other guys have to pay for this loss? So far they are still connected and he will publish the album as Queensryche.

No. I am sure Tate's version of Queensryche is operating as an entirely different legal entity until the name dispute is settled in court. He also wouldn't be entitled to any of the profits from the Todd version of QR.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next