Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Quote :
Cleopatra (the K-tel of hair metal)

Laughing very hard I think Cleo's more like the French Foreign Legion of metal, i.e. joining up with them might make you feel important, but no one else will care.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 pm

I wonder by getting an album out fast with the name Queensryche and I see he has t shirts with the F.U. artwork being sold thru FB, if that will help him retain the name Queensryche.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Cleopatra (the K-tel of hair metal)

Laughing very hard I think Cleo's more like the French Foreign Legion of metal, i.e. joining up with them might make you feel important, but no one else will care.

I like that much better. Smile
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Since they are playing next month in Europe, I will probably go.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm

tul wrote:

Which one? Tateless or Tateful?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm

manny wrote:
I wonder by getting an album out fast with the name Queensryche and I see he has t shirts with the F.U. artwork being sold thru FB, if that will help him retain the name Queensryche.

I think he THINKS it will.

Bottom line, he's still only 25% owner of a corporation. The 75% have a better shot. It won't matter who strikes first.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

Bottom line, he's still only 25% owner of a corporation. The 75% have a better shot. It won't matter who strikes first.

I just not sure how that legal mumbo jumbo works, if he loses, I would think he would have to give a portion (snicker) of the profits to the other guys
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

PostSubject: re   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tul wrote:

Which one? Tateless or Tateful?

Without Tate. If the result of this is, that I have the opportunity to hear a setlist like this:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queensryche/2013/emporium-patchogue-ny-33db5cf1.html than I guess I should go. headbanger headbanger

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

I just not sure how that legal mumbo jumbo works, if he loses, I would think he would have to give a portion (snicker) of the profits to the other guys

It's cute that you think he'll turn a profit. Laughing very hard

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

It's cute that you think he'll turn a profit. Laughing very hard

Yea, I hope that laundry-list of guest musicians he's got on that thing got paid up-front.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Quote :
Yea, I hope that laundry-list of guest musicians he's got on that thing got paid up-front.

...and in cash!!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 pm

manny wrote:
If anything, I think it'll even further ensure the other guys get that right. For a man to run around saying that the other guys ruined the band, have no business sense, have no respect for the brand or the fans, and then go and pretty much disrespect all of that and more by naming his album FOOk YOU, I can't imagine any judge no siding with the other guys now.

It's like he just provided them with the bullet that will end his "career."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
If anything, I think it'll even further ensure the other guys get that right. For a man to run around saying that the other guys ruined the band, have no business sense, have no respect for the brand or the fans, and then go and pretty much disrespect all of that and more by naming his album FOOk YOU, I can't imagine any judge no siding with the other guys now.

It's like he just provided them with the bullet that will end his "career."

That's the impression I got when I talked to the real Queensryche - they are trying to re-build the brand after the damage of the last 10 years and really want to get it right.

Tate on the other hand seems determined to ruin the brand. Hell hath nor fury like The Geoff scorn.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Found some clips of the show I went to - Todd was sick and still sounded great! Who ever took the footage was standing next to me and I was having such a great time, I didn't even realize they were filming (different people filming, looks like one to the left of me and one to the right).

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:14 am

F.U. throws up a bit of a conundrum for me. If I were to get it and add to it my iPod (as I do with all my CDs), what should I put as the artist?

Queensryche?
Geoff Tate's Queensryche?
Geoff Tate?
Massive Douche?
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

PostSubject: re   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Not sure if it is true, but someone said that you can hear parts of the Tate album at Itunes.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Even with the poor quality recording Todd sounds good.
I think a judge should let 'em both have the name and let the market sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 pm

tul wrote:
Not sure if it is true, but someone said that you can hear parts of the Tate album at Itunes.

It's true...just listened...yeesh. Shocked

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
tul wrote:

It's true...just listened...yeesh. Shocked

That good!!! Its a shame because I am still a Geoff Tate fan, even if he acts like a douche bag
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Yea I'm listening to it now, its on itunes. I guess they were in such a rush to get this done they didn't care what some of the songs sound like. The first song, it seems like the music is extremely loud and Tate is way down in the mix. Some songs are just as boring as the last few "real" Queensryche albums. Right now I'm listening to the song "Life Without You" thats probably the closest to a real Queensryche song except the drums are completely computer programmed which is very noticeable. The drums for the other songs sound completely boring as well. All the songs sounds like it was mix or produced different and you can pretty much tell this was a rush job. I'll probably pick this up but only as a collectors item cause they'll have to change the name on this thing after the court case.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm a Tate fan too but after watching the latest interviews with him since this whole thing has went down I can't take him seriously anymore. I respected the old Tate, not this one.

Metal student
Metal student
tul

PostSubject: re   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm a Tate fan too but after watching the latest interviews with him since this whole thing has went down I can't take him seriously anymore. I respected the old Tate, not this one.

Its almost like he has become a different person, of course that is silly thing for me to say, since I have never actually meet the guy
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I guess they were in such a rush to get this done they didn't care what some of the songs sound like.

Exactly what I thought. The backing vocals are horrible, the songs sound like the standard recent Queensryche stuff. Probably end up with the half-OK, half-crap review I gave DTC and K&T.

But compare these samples to the samples of the Todd-Ryche stuff and there's no comparison...fans are going to flock in droves to Todd-Ryche.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm

OH....My...... God..... I just got up to the re-recorded songs. I had to turn it off. You know things are bad when you have to use programmed drums because your own drummer can't play the songs... This is horrendous!

All this was, was a quick cash grab because he knows he's loosing the name.

Now lets just hope the real Queensryche gets it right.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next