Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Interesting interview with Eddie Jackson over at Bravewords: http://www.bravewords.com/news/203478

Best quote:

Eddie Jackson: “Just to clarify one thing, Geoff wrote a majority of the vocals and anything related to vocals, but no music.”

So isn't that them just accepting the blame for the band's musical decline since Degarmo left? Twisted Evil
Bullseye.
Bullseye...if you're retarded.

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 647664

He would be accepting the blame, but the truth is Geoff threw a hissy fit and refused to work on any of the Jackson/Rockenfield/WIlton material and hired Jason Slater and Kelly Grey to write all the music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:35 am

thejokeriv wrote:

He would be accepting the blame, but the truth is Geoff threw a hissy fit and refused to work on any of the Jackson/Rockenfield/WIlton material and hired Jason Slater and Kelly Grey to write all the music.

Looks like "Tribe" was the last album with any significant contribution from the other guys (though they each have a couple credits per album over the last couple releases). Did DeGarmo actually get together and write material for Tribe or was it left over material from his earlier time with the band?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:52 am

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Looks like "Tribe" was the last album with any significant contribution from the other guys (though they each have a couple credits per album over the last couple releases). Did DeGarmo actually get together and write material for Tribe or was it left over material from his earlier time with the band?
No, they were new tunes at the time. He had a couple tunes he felt might fit well with Queensryche, so he came in and contributed a few songs.

Unfortunately I don't think they were up to the same standard compared to his contributions when he was with the band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Interesting interview with Eddie Jackson over at Bravewords: http://www.bravewords.com/news/203478

Best quote:

Eddie Jackson: “Just to clarify one thing, Geoff wrote a majority of the vocals and anything related to vocals, but no music.”

So isn't that them just accepting the blame for the band's musical decline since Degarmo left? Twisted Evil
Bullseye.

scratch
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 9:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

No, they were new tunes at the time. He had a couple tunes he felt might fit well with Queensryche, so he came in and contributed a few songs.

Unfortunately I don't think they were up to the same standard compared to his contributions when he was with the band.

Yep, I would agree 100%.... Better than Q2K, but not up to the old standards. There are some good songs on Tribe. Supposedly he was going to tour with the band as well, but according to the court docs, when it came time to do the vocal melodies, DeGarmo showed up at the studio to work on vocal melodies (as he had in the past) and Tate told him that his "services where no longer required." DeGarmo said F it and never looked back. He was paid around 60k for his services.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:56 am

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Best quote:

Bullseye.

scratch
See below.

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 647664

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Isn't it time for these guys to release another song?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:33 pm

I've only listened to the previous one 3 times and had no urge to listen to it again. But they said the album has a lot of different-sounding stuff so maybe some of the rest will grab me.

They really need some good guitar riffs to pull me in and that last one had none.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:56 pm

It was like....guitar sound. But not really...a progression of any kind that helps lead the song, whether it be harmony or big fat riff or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It was like....guitar sound. But not really...a progression of any kind that helps lead the song, whether it be harmony or big fat riff or whatever.

Right, exactly.

I mean, this guy has written some good riffs in the past, right?

Maybe his writing really has been on cruise control for decades like Tate alleges.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

I think "Redemption" is a great song.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:50 am

Eyesore wrote:

Because of the guitar riffs or is 95% of the appeal in the vocals?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:07 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think people have been enamored with "Redemption" because of Todd's vocals and the fact that it at least tries to sound like what they want/hope Queensryche to be. But in reality (my reality, anyway) it's no better than "Cold"...both are decent/good songs but nothing amazing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Because of the song, everything as a whole. I don't pick out individual parts of a multi-part thing and then base judgment on that single aspect. As a whole, as a complete song, I really dig it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Because of the song, everything as a whole. I don't pick out individual parts of a multi-part thing and then base judgment on that single aspect. As a whole, as a complete song, I really dig it.

This
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I do too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think people have been enamored with "Redemption" because of Todd's vocals and the fact that it at least tries to sound like what they want/hope Queensryche to be. But in reality (my reality, anyway) it's no better than "Cold"...both are decent/good songs but nothing amazing.

I have to agree with this statement, I am not impressed with the song as I had hoped to be. Overall without hearing another song off the album, I am sure it is going to be a good album, but both Queensryches are going to have a hard time competing with their own legacy.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:36 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I have to agree with this statement, I am not impressed with the song as I had hoped to be. Overall without hearing another song off the album, I am sure it is going to be a good album, but both Queensryches are going to have a hard time competing with their own legacy.
The problem with this kind of thinking is that bands shouldn't have to compete with their legacy. Each album should be judged on its own merits.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The problem with this kind of thinking is that bands shouldn't have to compete with their legacy. Each album should be judged on its own merits.

I don't disagree, but what should be and what is are two different things entirely. Everyone, everywhere competes with their own history...especially in art. People will always draw comparisons to whatever their favorite stuff is...that's the measuring stick.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't disagree, but what should be and what is are two different things entirely. Everyone, everywhere competes with their own history...especially in art. People will always draw comparisons to whatever their favorite stuff is...that's the measuring stick.

Not to mention that all music regardless of style is competing for your eardrums.
There are only so many hours in a day to listen to music and bands are fighting for people to share their music with.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:21 am

When a band comes out and says that they are making a record that sounds like the old stuff, you have every right to compare it with the old stuff. Same with the stuff that I've heard for Supercollider. If Dave hadn't said that it had a 'KIMB' vibe, I might hate it less.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree that each album should be judged by its own merits, but that rarely happens, and also when both versions claim that this is a return to form, the Queensryche you remember returning to their metal roots, you are inviting competition with your own past.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:29 am

Boris2008 wrote:
When a band comes out and says that they are making a record that sounds like the old stuff, you have every right to compare it with the old stuff. Same with the stuff that I've heard for Supercollider. If Dave hadn't said that it had a 'KIMB' vibe, I might hate it less.

I should have read this posting before I responded, because I agree with Boris. Both versions are going on and on how its a return to their roots.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:57 am

28 pages. Jesus.

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next