Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Quote :
Thank goodness I'm not a hired gun with only a voice. When I write a song, I can actually play all of the instruments.

Shame on anyone to deny the music that garnished fans in the first place and still resonates 30 years later.

This is the most poetic way I've seen yet of saying "Suck it, Geoff Tate!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 pm

That's whole lot of hyperbole in one short interview segment.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
That's whole lot of hyperbole in one short interview segment.

i thought hyper-bowl to you was going to the Medical Cannibas Office and ordering a super size combo Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Thank goodness I'm not a hired gun with only a voice. When I write a song, I can actually play all of the instruments.

Shame on anyone to deny the music that garnished fans in the first place and still resonates 30 years later.
This is the most poetic way I've seen yet of saying "Suck it, Geoff Tate!"
Yeah, when I saw them live in 1988, Geoff sprinkled some chives on me. Fans miss that.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm

LaTorre needs to be careful or he will become the new Geoff Tate in more way than one.

I look forward to hearing him nail DeGarmo and Wilton's guitar solos.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:07 am

http://www.iheart.com/live/1465/?autoplay=true

Apparently Eddie Trunk will have Rockenfeld on air in 20 minutes or so and they'll be playing a 90-second clip of a new tune.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 am

Hmmm...Trunk said, "It sounds like Queensryche." It didn't sound like Queensryche. Also didn't sound old school. Very modern riffing. Has potential, though. Sounded good.

Won't please those looking for a return to the 80s.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:44 am

Well...it's got a bit more of a Queensryche vibe than I first gave it credit for, I guess. Diggin' more after a few additional spins.

They said the album is like 99% complete, so it should be out in the next few months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 am

I still have an issue with how close the vocals are to Tate on this, I just think it ends up sounding contrived.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 am

There are similarities here and there, sure, but I think it has quite a lot of Todd's own flavor, which is distinctly different from anything Geoff has ever done. Surely enough to not be labeled contrived.

But it's only 90 seconds.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
There are similarities here and there, sure, but I think it has quite a lot of Todd's own flavor, which is distinctly different from anything Geoff has ever done. Surely enough to not be labeled contrived.

But it's only 90 seconds.

i dont know - i do hear a lot of Tate in there.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:21 am

It sounds like QUEENSRYCHE, just not 80s QUEENSRYCHE. Like 90s QUEENSRYCHE when they lost their way and a lot of their appeal.

But it's not bad really. Just not something that makes me excited ... from what I hear.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 am

Maybe that is the new albums "tattoo"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 am

Not bad. Enough to make me wanna hear more, which is something I haven't said about Queensryche in a long time.

Do they have a deal with a label yet?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Not bad. Enough to make me wanna hear more, which is something I haven't said about Queensryche in a long time.

Do they have a deal with a label yet?

Since December they are spending time in different studios. This is expensive, so I guess they already have a label.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 am

Only a 90 second sample, but sounds good to my ears - looking forward to the album! The sample sounds more like Queensryche to me, more so than than the recent albums. La Torre does sound a bit like Tate, but that's to be expected as Tate was one of his major influences and the fact that the band needed someone that sounded similar.

They do have a label (according to interviews) but it hasn't been announced yet. I think they are self-financing the album. Looks like they recorded the drums in one studio in Seattle then guitar/bass/vocals in their home studios to save cash.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am

Sounds pretty decent. I like what I hear and would like to hear more from them.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Sounds like Empires with a mix of HItNF, but more interesting then the last few albums. I think they picked Todd because he could sing the old songs and sound like they did back then. I'll have to listen to more before I decide.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 pm

I'll wait for the finished product before making any decisions.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Tate is a pathetic human being.

Quote :
Guitarist Craig Locicero (FORBIDDEN, SPIRALARMS) and drummer Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, FORBIDDEN) are among the featured musicians on the forthcoming album from the new lineup of the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE. The CD, which is currently being mixed by Jason Slater, is due later in the year via the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records.

Says Craig: "Whelp, I guess the cat is out of the proverbial bag. Nikki Blakk [of the San Francisco, California radio station 107.7 The Bone] has announced that Paul Bostaph and I have played most of the music on Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE record. It is being mixed by Jason Slater as I type this and it is WAY HEAVIER then most anyone is expecting!

"Geoff and Jason have been nothing but awesome to us and it gave Paul and I a chance to contribute together on a metal record once again. I was working on it for a few weeks and play on every song. There are kick-ass solo contributions from Dave Meniketti [Y&T], Ty Tabor [KING'S X], Brad Gillis [NIGHT RANGER], K.K. Downing [JUDAS PRIEST] and Chris Cannella. As well as bass played by Rudy Sarzo and more drums from Simon Wright. It's some great company to be around and it was an honor to be a part of it.

"I know what the perception of the QUEENSRŸCHE camp is and I really don't give a f*ck. QUEENSRŸCHE was one of my favorite bands from the EP through 'Operation: Mindcrime'.

"When I was approached about doing the record, I did contemplate all of the turmoil, but I love a challenge. I accepted the challenge and think Geoff has a kick-ass record to deliver the fans...in spite of what some may expect. The songs are cool, classy and in some cases stupidly heavy!

"So there you have it. I am not in QUEENSRŸCHE, SPIRALARMS is still my baby with a killer record to be released very soon. So Geoff has a touring lineup ready to go this summer. I'm simply stoked to have put some my riffage in the mix with once of heavy metal's most recognizable and classic voices."

Although a lineup for Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed. The band will now feature Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, DIO, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT), guitarist Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE 1998-2001), keyboardist Randy Gane and new additions, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE) and drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, RHINO BUCKET).

Wright takes over for previously announced drummer Bobby Blotzer, who will be returning to RATT as an integral part of the band that made him famous.

Beginning in early April, Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE will be hitting the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the band's epic 1988 release, "Operation: Mindcrime", performing all fifteen songs from the album along with other well-known hits and rarities from the catalog they've compiled over the past 30 years.

"I try to surround myself with the best players available and feel our longtime fans deserve nothing less," says Tate. "I expect the forthcoming effort to be one of our best yet."

Tate, who was fired from QUEENSRŸCHE in June 2012 after fronting the group for three decades, last year sought to prevent his former bandmates from touring and operating under the QUEENSRŸCHE name without him. While ruling against Tate, the presiding judge determined that there was no legal hurdle in Tate also using the name with an all-new lineup of musicians. "I don't see any reason that Mr. Tate can't have the benefit, if he gets other members, of whatever name he uses of using the brand," Superior Court Judge Carol A. Schapira said during the July 13, 2012 court hearing. "I think [doing that would be] inherently confusing, although I'm sure the market can get these things sorted out," she added.

Last November, Tate released his first solo CD in over a decade titled "Kings & Thieves" (InsideOut Music) and toured with his solo band in support of the CD, which included dates with the legendary ALICE COOPER.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Just a thought. How will you guys feel if the real QR record is disappointing and the Tatesryche one absolutely kills it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Just a thought. How will you guys feel if the real QR record is disappointing and the Tatesryche one absolutely kills it?

That would be absolutely hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 pm

I never would've guessed that Geoff would want to play with those guys. Very surprising.

It's still hard for me to imagine it being good.

The #1 most important aspect of music is songwriting. Maybe, just maybe Geoff can hold up his end ... but who is the songwriting genius behind the music in his solo band? Slater? That sounds really iffy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I never would've guessed that Geoff would want to play with those guys. Very surprising.

The #1 most important aspect of music is songwriting. Maybe, just maybe Geoff can hold up his end ... but who is the songwriting genius behind the music in his solo band? Slater? That sounds really iffy.
It's not surprising. Tate is a dirtbag. He knows fans wanted Queensryche to go back to a heavier sound. He denied this before, but now he's attempting to lure the fans back to his side by producing a "stupidly heavy" album. Come on.

Shawn said La Torre's vocals sound contrived on that new clip, but what Geoff is doing here is the definition of contrived. Everything he is doing with this "band" goes against all of the BS he spewed after he was shit-canned. It is 100% fake.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It's not surprising. Tate is a dirtbag. He knows fans wanted Queensryche to go back to a heavier sound. He denied this before, but now he's attempting to lure the fans back to his side by producing a "stupidly heavy" album. Come on.

Shawn said La Torre's vocals sound contrived on that new clip, but what Geoff is doing here is the definition of contrived. Everything he is doing with this "band" goes against all of the BS he spewed after he was shit-canned. It is 100% fake.

"I've definitely grown out of that music, those same chunka chunka riffs. We were definitely not in the same creative headspace."

but now that i am not in the band anymore, all of sudden i want to play metal because no one wants to hear my adult contemporary stuff.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next