Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:30 am

Click here for my nude pics
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Ted Nugent has a lot of great, sensible political views. I love his stances on our rights as citizens and stuff. But he does himself no favors because he goes a bit off the deep end with some of his other views. And those, of course, are what media latch onto. If you have a touch of crazy in you, it completely overshadows everything else.
Well making death threats towards the current president, even as a joke, does not do you any favors. Hell I never liked Bush, but I sure wouldn't want to make public death threats towards him. What I don't find sensible about Nugent is how he advocates "serving your country" despite being a draft-dodger himself, it just makes him look like a hypocrite. That said, I do at least have some measure of respect for him for his "Hunt Of A Lifetime" program, (I say if a kid is going to die, then they should get to do whatever they want)

I think most 'celebrities' are pretty hypocritical. I dont see why being able to sing a song well or act well means they are something special.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 am

Because not everybody CAN sing a song well or act well. They're not curing cancer, but possessing a talent that not everyone has is a little bit special...be it acting, singing, basketball or blowing glass.

What I don't see is why people care what a celebrity thinks about politics.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
What I don't see is why people care what a celebrity thinks about politics.

Pretty much how I look at it. As I mentioned, they have no effect on policy or my life. That doesn't mean I don't get annoyed by a lot of them, however I can still see their movies, listen to their music, and read their books. If not, I'd only listen to country music and never be able to see any good movies (sadly, the entertainment industry is dominated by those I dissagree with).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 am

Something else about celebrities and politics. Celebrities are still citizens...they have a vote and have a voice like any other citizen. They also have a platform. Cameras and microphones are pointing at them all the time. They are probably no more opinionated than anyone else...we just hear about it.

Now, thanks to Facebook, blogs, etc...non-celebrities have a platform too. I have seem regular people on FB that are WAY more obnoxious, rude, and "out there" than someone like Ted Nugent or Victoria Jackson.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:32 am

Thats why I moved to Montana two years ago, to get away from politics gettting shoved down my throat Laughing very hard

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Something else about celebrities and politics. Celebrities are still citizens...they have a vote and have a voice like any other citizen. They also have a platform. Cameras and microphones are pointing at them all the time. They are probably no more opinionated than anyone else...we just hear about it.

Now, thanks to Facebook, blogs, etc...non-celebrities have a platform too. I have seem regular people on FB that are WAY more obnoxious, rude, and "out there" than someone like Ted Nugent or Victoria Jackson.

Ver very true, as a matter on my FB page, I stayed clear of politic debates or posting my political opinions. If you have a view point different then mine, fine, I have no problem discussing it, but I am not interested in a pissing contest with anyone.

Last edited by manny on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 am

I purposely try to keep my Facebook postings as silly and pointless as possible. I don't cause (or chase) drama and I keep my politics, religion, etc. out of it. Which probably means I'm really, really boring. Haha.

The closest I ever came to posting anything "political" on my Facebook was this:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 am

Homer FTW.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Homer FTW.

He hates being sucked into tubes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Well duh, who doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Well duh, who doesn't.

Not sure how he feels about the "into tubes" part, but it would seem of late that Geoff Tate has no problems with sucking.

See what I did there? I made a crude joke, and yet I also managed to turn this hijacked thread around so it's back on topic 'n' everything. Woot.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

True. People are Facebook are insanely annoying with their political rants.

I love how people are getting all mad at Dave Mustaine now because Blabbermouth makes a point to post an update every time Dave says anything political, then people just tear him apart. Have any of these clowns ever paid attention to Megadeth's lyrics? Laughing
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I love how people are getting all mad at Dave Mustaine now because Blabbermouth makes a point to post an update every time Dave says anything political, then people just tear him apart. Have any of these clowns ever paid attention to Megadeth's lyrics? Laughing

My cousin was going nuts posting all this political stuff against Obama. Every day Obama this Obama that. The election ended and he just still kept posting stuff so I waited a few days until I finally said something. He has since stopped or he just blocked me from those kinds of posts haha. I don't care about what anyone posts or what anyones views are because everyone feels their own way about everything, but when they are constantly writing the same stuff over and over again and they "know all the facts" they start to look stupid and become really annoying.

Theres also a woman at work that did the same crap. She was so passionate about what she believed in that if anyone else said something against what she said she would go off the hook, then everyone would just make fun of her and she'd get upset. That was actually my favorite time at work lol!

I also too wonder about the people who get pissed about Dave Mustaine. Have they not heard a Megadeth album? Its not like he's hiding it from anyone.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 pm

I have a problem with folks who are "mental" in regards to their particular political affiliations to the point of it being way too spiteful against the other party.

Do others think it insane to vote strictly down a party line all the way across the baord ? I do. In most cases the best person for the job is not always gonna wave the same flag as you do.

Back to Yngwie J. Tate, "Queen Of The Reiech" was actually about Swahili royalty and that other E.P song was initially titled "The Lady Was Black"

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

to be honest I think people are fanatical about just anything. Some lady was sending me all this animal rescue stuff and I asked to be removed from the list and she just went off about how its cruel not to help animals, etc. And then there are the musicians on Facebook who invite you to every event they ever play at - STOP!!!! I know you want to publicize your events but stop sending out facebook evites for everything!!!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 am

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

to be honest I think people are fanatical about just anything. Some lady was sending me all this animal rescue stuff and I asked to be removed from the list and she just went off about how its cruel not to help animals, etc. And then there are the musicians on Facebook who invite you to every event they ever play at - STOP!!!! I know you want to publicize your events but stop sending out facebook evites for everything!!!
I love the authors who create event pages for their book release. I'm like, "No, I'm not going. No one is frickin' going! You're self-publishing on Amazon. Even if I wanted to go, I CAN'T!"
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Queensryche posted some pics of them in the studio recording a the new album:

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 42492710

Link to more:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151138177187611.434468.55058857610&type=1
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:36 pm

James B. wrote:
I have a problem with folks who are "mental" in regards to their particular political affiliations to the point of it being way too spiteful against the other party.

Do others think it insane to vote strictly down a party line all the way across the baord ? I do. In most cases the best person for the job is not always gonna wave the same flag as you do.

Back to Yngwie J. Tate, "Queen Of The Reiech" was actually about Swahili royalty and that other E.P song was initially titled "The Lady Was Black"

Yngwie J. Tate...lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Zze
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

In my opinion Queensryche produced good albums only until Empire.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Is that LaTorre rockin' the Overkill tee shirt? Sweet.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Is that LaTorre rockin' the Overkill tee shirt? Sweet.

Yep! That was my reaction too
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 pm

It's gonna take more than just a Hot Topic t-shirt to get their "metal cred" back with this crowd. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's gonna take more than just a Hot Topic t-shirt to get their "metal cred" back with this crowd. \'arry \'eadbanger

LOL!!!! Yep, it's going to take a kick a$$ new album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:48 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183563

In a posting on his official Facebook page, La Torre — who is also a member of Florida melodic metallers CRIMSON GLORY — wrote earlier today (Thursday, December 13): "Yes, QUEENSRŸCHE fans are very intelligent people, and this is why the majority go to QueensrycheOfficial.com for all of the latest news having to do with those that WROTE THE MUSIC for the last 30 years. That is the reality.

"Thank goodness I'm not a hired gun with only a voice. When I write a song, I can actually play all of the instruments.

"QUEENSRŸCHE has a new dynamic that it never had before. The cherry on top: We have the strongest artist management company in the business, the world-class producer/engineer James Barton on our new record, a wonderful new booking agency, QUEENSRŸCHE's crew and touring manager, have since shared the stage with the loved Pamela Moore, and re-establishing global contacts that are eager to book us. If that isn't a testament to what the majority of people and peers deem as the most valued version of today's QUEENSRŸCHE, then I don't know what is.

"Another reality is that we are moving forward with a new album while playing material off of the first five albums, which includes the EP.

"'Queen Of The Reich': Yes, people do stare speechless, because they are shocked to hear the song performed well, a song that 'broke out' this legendary pioneering band.

"Shame on anyone to deny the music that garnished fans in the first place and still resonates 30 years later.

"I couldn't be more proud to front my favorite band, sing with passion, and take time at every show to acknowledge every person I can.

"QUEENSRŸCHE is rising once again, respecting the fans first and foremost, which is why we (the band) all interact with the fans...a far cry from so many other artists' social sites.

"We all thank you all for embracing the change and positive new energy of the band, music, and growth. Thank you so much!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next