Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer

Go down 
+39
Icy Grave
tul
krokus
kyleblack
DakotaRogers
corplhicks
Troublezone
MetallicSeminarian
SideShowDisaSter
Chrome Locust
SpectreFate
Gilbert
T-Roy
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
manny
thejokeriv
Eyesore
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
Boris2008
speed101
Lurideath
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
The_Jayroh
James B.
Leatherface
Morrison
adrian
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
ultmetal
mc666
EmoElmo
Temple of Blood
MetalIsMyLife88
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 pm

James B. wrote:

sung in my best (non shower performance)broadway style mimic
Just got the chills from that visual. sick
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:40 pm

manny wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Um, the guy who's happy with 2.5% (10% split four ways) is almost certainly getting more than 2.5%. This was probably Kerry's deal and he is making a percentage somewhere else. If so, he probably doesn't want Dave combing through the books and discovering this. Also, who in their right mind signs a deal like this? Clearly, Dave didn't do his due diligence, or if he had an attorney look over this before he signed it, he should sue his attorney for malpractice.
HA! I should have known to go to a lawyer first!!! Doubtful he consulated anybody, these guys have been friends since teenagers, probably trusted them to take care of the business side, which was his first mistake.
I doubt the guys in Queensryche though Geoff Tate would be making $200,000 movie deals behind their back, either. The band Live broke up because of "Kowalczyk's demand of a $100,000 "lead singer bonus" at the 2009 Pinkpop Festival and a 2005 contract making Kowalczyk the sole signatory of Live's Black Coffee Publishing company without the knowledge of the rest of the band."

There have been other, similar examples with other bands over the years. Seems likely that's what's going on here with Slayer. It's all about greed.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Hoglan was Lombardo's drum roadie back in the begining of it all. No wonder he wants no part of that gig.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:19 pm

I think that the 90% deduction from the tour money might be for legitimate band expenses.

Head wax and spike polish doesn't come cheap y'know! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 am

The band (or band's lawyers more likely) have responded to Dave's claims.

Quote :
“Slayer does not agree with Mr Lombardo’s substance or the timeline of the events, except to acknowledge that Mr Lombardo came to the band less than a week before their scheduled departure for Australia to present an entirely new set of terms for his engagement that were contrary to those that had been previously agreed upon.

“The band was unable to reach an agreement on these new demands in the short amount of time available prior to leaving for Australia.

“There is more to the account than what Mr Lombardo has offered, but out of respect to him, Slayer will not be commenting further.

“Slayer is grateful to its Australian fans for their understanding of this unfortunate last-minute change, and very much looks forward to seeing them at these shows.”

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 am

SLAYER = South of Heaven headbanger
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 am

Reign In Blood in 3 minutes.

Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 am

MetalIsMyLife88 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm really new to this. I just wanted to say hello and my name is Nick Very Happy Does anyone know when the next Slayer CD is coming out? I'm a huuuuge Slayer fan. Thanks!!

Be a few months yet, man. Kerry said there were some hitches; plus SLAYER go on the road in May -- so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Be end of the year at a guess.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The band (or band's lawyers more likely) have responded to Dave's claims.

Quote :
“Slayer does not agree with Mr Lombardo’s substance or the timeline of the events, except to acknowledge that Mr Lombardo came to the band less than a week before their scheduled departure for Australia to present an entirely new set of terms for his engagement that were contrary to those that had been previously agreed upon.

“The band was unable to reach an agreement on these new demands in the short amount of time available prior to leaving for Australia.

“There is more to the account than what Mr Lombardo has offered, but out of respect to him, Slayer will not be commenting further.

“Slayer is grateful to its Australian fans for their understanding of this unfortunate last-minute change, and very much looks forward to seeing them at these shows.”

Heh, heh - I had Lombardo on my facebook, and I mentioned that Paul B gave him a run for his money when he was away. He de-friended me. Talk about EGO!!!!
!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Reign In Blood in 3 minutes.

Awesome!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:

Heh, heh - I had Lombardo on my facebook, and I mentioned that Paul B gave him a run for his money when he was away. He de-friended me. Talk about EGO!!!!
!!!

I agree. You should really get that in check.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:

!!!

I agree. You should really get that in check.
lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm

They have facebook in Ireland don\'t know

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 pm

James B. wrote:

Shitfacedbook Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 am

James B. wrote:

Yeah, and we got this mad new thing called a television. We don't have cell phones yet, as most of us are still recovering from the potato famine and chronic alcoholism, and wouldn't understand such a device. But our Irish cousins who have gone to the great old USA, home of mom's apple pie - tell us great things in the letters they send home about the red, white and blue.

For our news, we watch Family Guy, as it portrays us IRISH in a correct light, and we all have those accents that Julia Roberts has so perfected. By day we toil the fields, looking for that one good potato to feed the family - by night we mainly get drunk and start fights, make up, start more fights, get even drunker, etc. But FACEBOOK is a great aul medium to get in touch with cousin Seamus, so long departed to Lincoln's fair and free land. How are things in the USA these days, I hear General Lee is on his last legs - is this true? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am

Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:

Yeah, and we got this mad new thing called a television. We don't have cell phones yet, as most of us are still recovering from the potato famine and chronic alcoholism, and wouldn't understand such a device. But our Irish cousins who have gone to the great old USA, home of mom's apple pie - tell us great things in the letters they send home about the red, white and blue.

For our news, we watch Family Guy, as it portrays us IRISH in a correct light, and we all have those accents that Julia Roberts has so perfected. By day we toil the fields, looking for that one good potato to feed the family - by night we mainly get drunk and start fights, make up, start more fights, get even drunker, etc. But FACEBOOK is a great aul medium to get in touch with cousin Seamus, so long departed to Lincoln's fair and free land. How are things in the USA these days, I hear General Lee is on his last legs - is this true? Laughing very hard

OK I have to admit this posting made me laugh
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am

manny wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:

OK I have to admit this posting made me laugh

Me too!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:03 am

Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:

Post of the f**kin' year! lol! I got tears in my bloody eyes!!!!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 am

James B. wrote:

I was ALMOST as sarcastic as Chrome Locust was in his response. Laughing very hard

Both of my grandparents on my momma's side were born in Ireland in the late 1890's and immigrated to the States in the early 1900's.

I have a story too...

"My grandmother's next door neighbor's dog took a dump on the same dirt road that Rory Gallagher's great uncle slipped on while carrying a bag-o-potatoes while tilting back a Guiness. He only broke the big toe on the left foot cause it was sticking out of the hole in his boot. While asleep on the wooden cot in his humble abode later that evening, he dreamed of finding a wee leprechaun and it's a pot-o-gold, only to wake up and discover he had a field mouse stuck in the (full) bedpan besides his cot"

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 am

Dear Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaamus - was with a great aul heart we got yer letter from aul America. The potato ye sent us went down an aul treat and your twenty seven sisters and ninety four alcoholic brothers had a rare aul feast.
We used what was left of the aul potato skin to make Poitin (as ye would call moonshine now ye are an American) - and yeer father got rightly drunk so he did. He’s in jail now for beating me up.
How is the war going, dear Shaaaaaaaamus - ye said ye had a terrible aul thing trying to enlist in the Yanky blue coats. Ye said, when ye went to aul America they were saying send us ye sick and ye poor. But on enlisting after filling in such criteria, by being actually being sick from tuberculosis and dirt poor ye got sent to the aul infirmary. Is the Americans that racist to us aul Irish? Yeer aul brother Shaaaaaaaaaaaus MK2 had a similar problem in the upside down place, Australia. They asked his dear aul soul on entry off the famine boat did he have a criminal record? He said did he still need one? and was promptly refused entry. Just as well, so - I don’t think aul Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamus Mk2 would have lasted too well standing on his head upside down and all that aul lark.
As ye know, your youngest sister Bernadette is working for proper people up in Dublin. Protestants they is. They said, being educated aul people, that dear old Abraham Lincoln is being sent a battery of rapid firing rifles from aul England. It is believed that these new weapons can lock and load one bullet every five minutes and may be the needed edge to bring this dreadful aul war with the South to an end.
We can only pray this is so. Being Irish, as ye know, all we do is pray while the men folk get into awful aul fights when they are drunk which is always.
We heard there is an aul thing called the internet in the America? What’s that all about? No doubt bowsies getting up to all sorts of mischief in that far off land.
We send ye our love, dear Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamus - but sadly yeer sister Una just dropped dead of the assumption as she was about to send her love. Dear good aul lord Jesus, if any more family members die this week we’ll have more of your sibblings in the aul wheelbarrow than the O’Kelly’s down the road.
Make sure ye keep saying yeer prayers, Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaamus, and stay away from the aul English - full of Protestants that lot.
Yeer dear aul mam: Bernadette, Mary Teresa, a few more aul saint names, Mary again, Mary again, Terrsa again, and a few more aul saint names, O Brien, Murphy, Potato, nee O Something. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:55 am

Do they sell 'french fried potatoes" in Ireland surprised

If they do does it go with "whine" don\'t know Cause afterall there is alot that going around overthere. I know this is true because I read it on the interweb thingy. They can't put it on the interweb, unless it's true. Saw that on a TV commercial while watching a movie about protestants trying to convert poor Shamus from becoming Lincoln's Secretary of the Department of Overdrinkin & Potato Eating. AKA U.S.D.O.P.E

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:15 pm

James B. wrote:
Do they sell 'french fried potatoes" in Ireland surprised

If they do does it go with "whine" don\'t know Cause afterall there is alot that going around overthere. I know this is true because I read it on the interweb thingy. They can't put it on the interweb, unless it's true. Saw that on a TV commercial while watching a movie about protestants trying to convert poor Shamus from becoming Lincoln's Secretary of the Department of Overdrinkin & Potato Eating. AKA U.S.D.O.P.E

An bhfuil siad a dhíol na Potatos aul Fraincis Gaeilge in Éirinn? Cinnte go mbeadh conas a fhios agam a bheith ach daoine beag ar go léir. Bhí orainn an nua fangled Rory Gallagher cúpla bliain aul ais - sé carraig an áit - ach sin faoi mhéid linn dúinn mbeadh an Ghaeilge dul chun ardteicneolaíochta. Ní mór dúinn a iarraidh Séamus faoi sin, tá sé go léir Mheiriceá na laethanta. Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:53 pm

My Gaelic is poor at best. My Seanmhathair taught my older siblings, but I wasn't even 5 when she passed. They were 14 thru 26.

Anyways, I figure what ya said was funny and to get back on topic. Slayer

I heard your gramma was a roadie for Slayer back in the early 80's !

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:35 pm

SSSLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYEEERRRRRRRRRR

*exits thread*
Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Paul Bostaph has re-joined Slayer full-time, so it appears the split with Lombardo is permanent (at least for now).

Slayer - 2013

Tom Araya
Kerry King
Gary Holt
Paul Bostaph
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next