Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
DevZor
James B.
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
manny
metalheaded
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 am

SLAYER - from my deduction of this interview are now officially the KERRY KING band.

Maybe its just me, but it sounds from Kerry's 'all about me' interview, that Slayer have changed their name to SlayIr

Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:42 am

After about ten minutes it descends into total "I." I have a feeling SLayIr are on the way out. Can't see Tom putting up with this for much longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Here's a recent interview with Tom who always seems much more down to earth and less annoying than Kerry.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Kerry writes everything for the band nowadays for the most part, so I understand why he calls it his band. Tom just likes to use his drugs and not be bothered. I'm sure he's fine with Kerry's behavior.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't have speakers on this PC so I can't hear the video. Is this the interview from about a week ago where Kerry sez he "has no idea" how Jeff Hanneman's doing, and that he'd be fine with Gary Holt in the band for the long haul? I saw that on Blabbermouth and thought "Geez, what a jag-off."

Either way... I'm sure he'd be happy to have Gary Holt in the band forever, cuz he probably doesn't get paid as much as Hanneman.

And maybe it's just me, but it seems uber-douche-y that Jeff's been "recovering" from a near death experience for two years now, yet KK has never even bothered to pick up the phone and say "Dude, how you doing?" I mean, geez, you've only been in a band with the effin' guy for almost three decades.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Still seems kinda douche-y that Jeff's been "recovering" from a near death experience for two years now, yet KK has never even bothered to pick up the phone and say "Dude, how you doing?"

We don't know their relationship. So that may just be how they are with each other.

I can't believe I'm defending Kerry. Smile
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 pm

BTW, the girl in the interviews is mega-cute. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

We don't know their relationship. So that may just be how they are with each other.

Yea, that's true. Hell, Joey and Johnny Ramone barely spoke to each other for the last fifteen years of their band's existence, so I guess it's not that unusual.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Kerry writes everything for the band nowadays for the most part, so I understand why he calls it his band. Tom just likes to use his drugs and not be bothered. I'm sure he's fine with Kerry's behavior.

Actually, Hanneman wrote half of World Painted Blood (with Araya handling melodies on those songs). On the previous two albums he only had 3 tracks per album. Araya stated in his interview with the Austin Chronicle a few years ago that him and Hanneman mostly worked together because Kerry doesn't like any input to his songs.

The two recent Slayer albums I like the most are Diabolus In Musica and World Painted Blood, probably not a coincidence that Hanneman had a larger share of the songwriting on those two albums.

I'm not that excited about the idea of an album filled with just Kerry King songs...and if Lombardo isn't involved either my interest drops even more.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, Kerry may own the rights to the Slayer name, but I wonder if Tom, Jeff, and Dave will band up (pun intended) and form a "new Slayer"? Can't call it Slayer, of corpse, but we all know it would be Slayer, for all intents and purposes....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:58 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Well, Kerry may own the rights to the Slayer name, but I wonder if Tom, Jeff, and Dave will band up (pun intended) and form a "new Slayer"? Can't call it Slayer, of corpse, but we all know it would be Slayer, for all intents and purposes....

Doubt that will happen, plus looking at what is happening to Geoff Tate's version of Queensryche, that should serve as a cautionary tale.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:27 pm

manny wrote:
metalheaded wrote:

Doubt that will happen, plus looking at what is happening to Geoff Tate's version of Queensryche, that should serve as a cautionary tale.

Could be that Kerry has been watching and grabbing all the corporate power quickly so he's legally in control
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I think Kerry has always been in charge of the business/managerial aspects of the band.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Don't we have an Official Slayer thread this could go in?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 am

S.D. wrote:

I'm not that excited about the idea of an album filled with just Kerry King songs...and if Lombardo isn't involved either my interest drops even more.

I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 am

Why is Kerry King the new guy to hate in metal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
Why is Kerry King the new guy to hate in metal?

Because Geoff Tate is SO 2 months ago.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 am

I wonder if Tate asked King to guitar sling on "F.U" ?

King does have that certain look that would fit right in with those rowdy rouges of rogaine cowboys.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:54 am

manny wrote:
metalheaded wrote:

I always thought that about Metallica, and why they don't kick him out as he's a terrible drummer. BUT, he owns the name - so they carry on under the Metallica banner. Surely they have enough money by this stage to break free of Lars and get a real drummer to suit their talents and call themselves Damage Inc or whatever. How are they not utterly frustrated at being held back musically by Lars? Money talks, I guess, and maybe they're afraid of losing their huge revenues by moving to another project and losing fans.

This is, not musically in KK's case, as they are all (with Lombardo exception) very average musicians in Slayer, with a knack of creating great music, can be applied to SLAYER.

I'm sure they'd love to be rid of this douchebag KK, but why quit when the goings good?

I think Tom is way too baked to even care either ways, and seems to spend his time giggling and going with the flow, while Jeff, he never does interviews and is the recluse of heavy metal, so can't comment there - while Dave could win the Cuban moaner of the year awards, while correct in what he says, tends to wash his laundry in public, is really only a DRUMMER at the end of the day (I'm not being fickle, but is not a focal point to those who don't know better).

I'm really losing my point here as I started ranting - I think what I was saying is: they (what's left of of one of half of SLayer: Tom) won't rock the boat.

IMO: this is the death knell of Slayer. I'm dreading an album written by King, as Jeff wrote and contributed to all their best stuff.

Sure, they'll milk it out for another album after this, but by then it will be a case of who cares?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Lars isn't great now, as he's simplified everything quite a bit, but he was far from a terrible drummer back when the band was producing their best music. The drum work on And Justice for All, for instance, is some of the best ever recorded. Haters and elitists douche-wanks will say otherwise, because it's cool to hate Lars, but they're wrong.

Lars was a very capable drummer. Now he doesn't need to be.

Beyond that, I think fans think they know far more than they do.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lars isn't great now, as he's simplified everything quite a bit, but he was far from a terrible drummer back when the band was producing their best music. The drum work on And Justice for All, for instance, is some of the best ever recorded. Haters and elitists douche-wanks will say otherwise, because it's cool to hate Lars, but they're wrong.

Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:

This is a poor example, but it shows quickly how f,ucking useless he is on the skins.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Right, because no drummer in the history of drumming has found it nearly impossible to come up with something that works with some riffs. You're either not a musician or a failed musician.

But this video was also taken loooooooong after Lars' prime.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

This is a poor example, but it shows quickly how f,ucking useless he is on the skins.
It's a poor example because it's a poor argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?   Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kerry King officially the voice, is SLAYER. I always thought some guy called Tom played in Slayer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next