Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer

Go down 
+39
Icy Grave
tul
krokus
kyleblack
DakotaRogers
corplhicks
Troublezone
MetallicSeminarian
SideShowDisaSter
Chrome Locust
SpectreFate
Gilbert
T-Roy
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
manny
thejokeriv
Eyesore
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
Boris2008
speed101
Lurideath
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
The_Jayroh
James B.
Leatherface
Morrison
adrian
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
ultmetal
mc666
EmoElmo
Temple of Blood
MetalIsMyLife88
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Dave Lombardo's Slayer up next?

I would buy that.

Or, Dave and Jeff return to Slayer and with Tom they fired Kerry.... Kerry sues and starts his own version of Slayer called Kerry King's Slayer starring Kerry King, The Original Guitarist
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

Be interesting to see how Tom takes this. Dave can be replaced (as has been proved) but no Tom, no Slayer.

Then again, disputes between Kerry and Dave have been ongoing since the Eighties and they always seem to come through.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:47 am

Only 10%, I saw this on FB this morning, that seems to me to be insane that Kerry King would not want to hire an outside accountant to look into this.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 am

manny wrote:
Only 10%, I saw this on FB this morning, that seems to me to be insane that Kerry King would not want to hire an outside accountant to look into this.

Unless he has something to hide?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am

Um, the guy who's happy with 2.5% (10% split four ways) is almost certainly getting more than 2.5%. This was probably Kerry's deal and he is making a percentage somewhere else. If so, he probably doesn't want Dave combing through the books and discovering this. Also, who in their right mind signs a deal like this? Clearly, Dave didn't do his due diligence, or if he had an attorney look over this before he signed it, he should sue his attorney for malpractice.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 am

Aside from the Dave drama, has there been any update on Jeff and his spiderbite? Last I heard, he's still sitting on the sidelines. The new album is on hold until he can lay down some solos. I'm assuming if he can't play on the album, he's not ready to tour either.

So that being said, are Slayer going on tour with only Tom & Kerry?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 am

LAWWWWWYEEEEEERRRRRR!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Um, the guy who's happy with 2.5% (10% split four ways) is almost certainly getting more than 2.5%. This was probably Kerry's deal and he is making a percentage somewhere else. If so, he probably doesn't want Dave combing through the books and discovering this. Also, who in their right mind signs a deal like this? Clearly, Dave didn't do his due diligence, or if he had an attorney look over this before he signed it, he should sue his attorney for malpractice.

HA! I should have known to go to a lawyer first!!! Doubtful he consulated anybody, these guys have been friends since teenagers, probably trusted them to take care of the business side, which was his first mistake.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

As far as I can gather it's going to be Kerry, Tom, Gary Holt (Exodus) and some Rent-A-Drummer
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

As far as I can gather it's going to be Kerry, Tom, Gary Holt (Exodus) and some Rent-A-Drummer

Give them my number

I could go hang with Ben (sideshow) down under

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I figured Gary Holt would probably be there as he's been Jeff's replacement all this time already, just hadn't heard anything "official" on Jeff's condition as of late.

Just find it amussing that they're going on tour as SLAYER with only 1/2 of "Slayer". Razz

So, should we start the speculation on who the temp drummer is going to be? Paul Bostaph is free at the moment, right? Gene Hoglan will play for $50 bucks and a bucket of KFC. Does Tim Owens play drums? Or Bill Ward. He's not busy. Maybe they should check with Rick Rubin and see who he would suggest?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 am

James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Give them my number

I could go hang with Ben (sideshow) down under

You and PhoenixWayne have to battle it out first. 2 drummers enter, 1 drummer leaves.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I figured Gary Holt would probably be there as he's been Jeff's replacement all this time already, just hadn't heard anything "official" on Jeff's condition as of late.

Just find it amussing that they're going on tour as SLAYER with only 1/2 of "Slayer". Razz

So, should we start the speculation on who the temp drummer is going to be? Paul Bostaph is free at the moment, right? Gene Hoglan will play for $50 bucks and a bucket of KFC. Does Tim Owens play drums? Or Bill Ward. He's not busy. Maybe they should check with Rick Rubin and see who he would suggest?

SLAYER Taps Drummer JON DETTE For Australian Dates - Feb. 21, 2013

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186530
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

Quote :
You and PhoenixWayne have to battle it out first. 2 drummers enter, 1 drummer leaves.

I am bald, have a long beard and lots of tat's......I win Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am

Thought this bit was interesting from the above Blabbermouth article...

Quote :
Dette is currently playing with ANTHRAX as a temporary replacement for the band's longtime drummer Charlie Benante, who "is dealing with personal issues right now and can't leave" the U.S., according to ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian.

... probably due to that domestic-violence rap he got hung up on a year or two ago...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 am

Replacing Dave Lombardo because he dared to ask questions about their financial deals is about as low as you can go. Oh well, at least we got another couple albums with Dave before everything fell apart.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am

S.D. wrote:
Replacing Dave Lombardo because he dared to ask questions about their financial deals is about as low as you can go. Oh well, at least we got another couple albums with Dave before everything fell apart.

"with original guys droppin like flies.....someone getting bigger piece of the pie"

sung in my best (non shower performance)broadway style mimic

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thought this bit was interesting from the above Blabbermouth article...

Quote :
Dette is currently playing with ANTHRAX as a temporary replacement for the band's longtime drummer Charlie Benante, who "is dealing with personal issues right now and can't leave" the U.S., according to ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian.

... probably due to that domestic-violence rap he got hung up on a year or two ago...

So this Dette guy is playing in Anthrax AND Slayer! Whew. He better stock up on Gatorade.

Quote :
S.D. wrote:
Replacing Dave Lombardo because he dared to ask questions about their financial deals is about as low as you can go.

Bill Ward agrees! Razz

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

So, should we start the speculation on who the temp drummer is going to be? Paul Bostaph is free at the moment, right? Gene Hoglan will play for $50 bucks and a bucket of KFC.

I saw an interview with Gene Hoglan when he was still with SYL about an audition he had for the Slayer gig. I didn't get the impression that he wanted to be a part of that organization. He didn't really go into details but he said that he knew that it would be no fun at all. Paul Bostaph has been interchangeable guy with Dave for a long while now and would add some semblance of it still being 'Slayer' so I'd guess him. I don't think that Tony Scaglione is busy these days either. (Long shot that one!)
Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Bostaph has never been "interchangeable" with Dave as far as I was concerned. Seeing live concert DVDs like "War At The Warfield" just didn't sound right with Paul attempting to play Dave's parts...they just never had the right feel. He was fine on the tunes he originated on the studio albums, but I really didn't like the way he played the classic Dave material.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
Bostaph has never been "interchangeable" with Dave as far as I was concerned. Seeing live concert DVDs like "War At The Warfield" just didn't sound right with Paul attempting to play Dave's parts...they just never had the right feel. He was fine on the tunes he originated on the studio albums, but I really didn't like the way he played the classic Dave material.

Don't get me wrong, I think that there is only one Slayer drummer and it's not Bostaph (Even though I never heard him play Dave's parts). It's obvious that Kerry has other ideas. I do think that if Tom is angry enough to hire accountants, and is also now being told to shut up and lump it, it could be the end. I think that KK might just be deluded enough to replace everyone and just claim that Slayer was always him anyway but he'll have a very rude awakening if he does.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think that there is only one Slayer drummer and it's not Bostaph (Even though I never heard him play Dave's parts). It's obvious that Kerry has other ideas. I do think that if Tom is angry enough to hire accountants, and is also now being told to shut up and lump it, it could be the end. I think that KK might just be deluded enough to replace everyone and just claim that Slayer was always him anyway but he'll have a very rude awakening if he does.

If he does that he is more deillusional then Geoff Tate!!!!
Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm

As the music industry continues to crumble and the amount of available money to be made continues to decrease I think we're going to see more and more of these legal battles amongst bands. Everyone wants as big of a cut as possible before the well runs completely dry.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
Replacing Dave Lombardo because he dared to ask questions about their financial deals is about as low as you can go.

Not even close to as low as you can go, now this on the other hand.......

Quote :
In 1998, Kerslake and Daisley filed suit against Ozzy Osbourne and his manager (and wife) Sharon Osbourne, seeking royalties and songwriting credits for their contributions to the Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman albums. Osbourne subsequently erased Kerslake and Daisley's playing contributions on both albums, replacing their performances with tracks by bassist Robert Trujillo and drummer Mike Bordin.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Kerry King: "Crap! If Dave goes through the books, he's gonna find out that we've had him on the Peter Criss salary package for all these years! Get 'im outta here!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slayer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next