Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 pm

GT giving the world a "taste" of what to expect with The Geoff's version of Queensryche:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:19 pm

God, those guitarists sound terrible. Did they start off at half-speed?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Boy, he really can't hit those notes anymore. The guitar sound could probably be contributed to the audio device of the camera guy, but the playing itself definatly seemed quite off. I'd have to hear the recorded product of Geoff's Queensryche where his voice can be improved with studio trickery to make a real judgement.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
God, those guitarists sound terrible. Did they start off at half-speed?

Sounds even slower.... and the bald guy with the beard is in The Geoff's Scabryche........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:22 pm

This group hasn't rehearsed nearly enough, it is so blatantly obvious what little effort has been put into this project.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
This group hasn't rehearsed nearly enough, it is so blatantly obvious what little effort has been put into this project.

And even worse, this was near the end of The Geoff's solo tour, they've been out on the road playing it live.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GT giving the world a "taste" of what to expect with The Geoff's version of Queensryche:

Compare it to how Queensryche plays it live:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

I'll take bachlorette #2! We don't know what either of them will have to offer in new music, but I know which one I would like to see live.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Even with "3" guitar players, The Tate version still dropped the ball big time in that dept. Don't even get me started with the drums...sheesh ! Tate's drummer couldn't do a bit of the accents that at least give the tune some dynamics. Guess Tate is just gonna rely on how he sports that look in the tank top. All that is missing is a tribal tattoo and he'd be all that.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Yes, I'm not surprised that the band who had to replace one band member recently sounds tighter than the band who replaced 4.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yes, I'm not surprised that the band who had to replace one band member recently sounds tighter than the band who replaced 4.

Sure, but if you are to be considered a professional band, you should take the time to get your show to be as tight as possible. That band featuring The Geoff obviously needs a little more time on the Queensryche songs.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Thats really besides the point. There is an expectation for musicians at that level to be talented enough to play the songs somewhat correct. Plus Geoff had 5 onstage and it didn't help matters. Laughing very hard Ya did see where somebody mentioned that clip was from the "end" of a tour. So "WHEN" do you expect them to be tight as a band ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
That makes sense, but I'm not sure that's relevant to our reactions. By Geoff's own words, the performance quality of the two groups should be reversed. So when he and his band continue to put on poor performances, we have this kind reaction.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:15 am

I am still a fan of Geoff Tate's as a vocalist, but that solo band is a piss poor excuse, it sounds like what band sounded like on a bender playing songs we sort of half assed knew.

While I will agree that the original Queensryche may have an advantage over Tate's solo band, simply because they have performed longer, its still crap.

Alice Cooper on tour sometimes uses very different each tour, during the 90's Iommi replaced members in Black Sabbath mid tour and that is just two examples, and neither one of those men would take a band on the road that sounds like a tribute band that did not bother to learn the songs.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 am

The Tate must be seriously desperate to have a band that sounds like that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Another clip surfaced - view at your own risk....

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Ego and business might keep Geoff from saying anything but great things about his band, but he's gotta know how bad they sound. I think this is really just a case of none of them, including Geoff—because despite what he's said, he didn't write these songs—knowing how the play them properly. They're probably doing what we did as kids, just trying to figure it out on our own or using tabs.

Then again, that extended ending is pretty dreadful. Virtuosos they are not. Haha.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:31 pm

The "Hitler Reacts" has been overdone, but worth a laugh:

http://meemsy.com/v/6076

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Queensryche songs are not that complex, it wouldn't take a musical genius to figure out how to play this stuff correctly. And a good player wouldn't need tablature.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Overdone, but still hilarious. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Another clip surfaced - view at your own risk....

wow. That is pretty bad. The bar for the real QR's new album doesnt seem to be all that high...

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Quote :
wow. That is pretty bad. The bar for the real QR's new album doesnt seem to be all that high...

One thing to consider is that this Tate's solo band and not the "hired guns" slated for his version of QR. It does make one wonder, if he's comfortable with these performances...what kind of "thought" went into choosing the other players ? Sure they might have some "marquis" value (subjective) but most fans are aware that they are average in talent. Seems that guitar player (Drover) was pretty smart by bailing ?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 pm

James B. wrote:
Quote :

One thing to consider is that this Tate's solo band and not the "hired guns" slated for his version of QR. It does make one wonder, if he's comfortable with these performances...what kind of "thought" went into choosing the other players ? Sure they might have some "marquis" value (subjective) but most fans are aware that they are average in talent. Seems that guitar player (Drover) was pretty smart by bailing ?

i wonder if his version of QR will actually do anything. I wonder sometimes if Tate goes out like this on purpose to try and smear whatever name QR has left...

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Overdone, but still hilarious. Laughing

X2....I never get sick of this. If you can come up with good dialogue, then it's a winner!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 am

Gotta say, it's good to hear Todd starting to sing these songs in a way that is less Geoff Tate and, I assume, more like his natural tone. Does sound a bit strange, though.

That said, dude needs a new wardrobe. He's wearing the same leather bellbottom pants in every live video on YouTube, with Queenryche and Crimson Glory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 38 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next