Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Hard to believe that both K.K. and Ty are willing to participate with this fiasco. I hope he's paying them well.

It's possible they aren't familiar with the high level of douche-baggery that The Geoff has been up to lately.... I wouldn't be surprised if they drop out of the project in the near future. I also won't be surprised if The Geoff's Scabryche never releases an album.

Actually I will be surprised if any album comes out of this, unless its get released under his own name.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:31 pm

It'll come out. He'll get it out before they go to trial or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm

I think so too, he almost has too before the smurf poo gets so high he can't hide it at all.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:41 pm

I doubt there would be that many broken hearts if it doesn't get released. Not that people would care much if it did. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 5:25 pm

What is a shame....IMHDO

Tate more than likely can still sing (though not at a level once within ability) and he isn't the most prolific songwriter either. He could of at least purchased a cast of guns-for-hire with some proven songwriting abilities. I can see his angle of going with somewhat prolific players (subjective and argumentative) but none aside from maybe the drummer (Wright) have the chops are style fitting to Queensryche, especially if the upcoming tour is being advertised and marquee'd as the 25th Anniversary of "Operation Mincrime". That is more certainly than not gonna attract alot of folks who are familar with the album enough to be disappointed by a not so "paint by number" performance. The fans of that particular album wanna hear it performed at a certain level and the players chosen are far from fitting to be up to the task.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm

I still predict that some kind of court injunction will happen that will delay the release of both "Queensryches" albums until after the court case is complete.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm

[petpeeve]Could have. Should have. Would have. There is no of.[/petpeeve]
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Whatev's. I could care less. I'm going to my desert island, they're is alot of hot women's their. ROTFLMAO Laterz.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:33 am

Tate isn't trying to find other writers because, in his mind, he has Gray and Gane...and Tate, Gray and Gane have already written a load of Queenstyche songs (check the credits on the last few albums).

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Tate isn't trying to find other writers because, in his mind, he has Gray and Gane...and Tate, Gray and Gane have already written a load of Queenstyche songs (check the credits on the last few albums).

He "should have" had a clue. Then maybe he "would have" noticed that those songs were not consistant. I say he "could have" made more educated and solid choices. One reason are a few words from Tate's own mouth, (paraphrased) reagrding nobody wanting to hear the older songs and him not really wanting to revisit them. So why hire musicians who made a name for themselves in that same time frame and play more stylistically (subjective) to that same era then what is exhibited in the writing style of the current bands songwriting on recent releases ?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:54 am

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He "should have" had a clue. Then maybe he "would have" noticed that those songs were not consistant. I say he "could have" made more educated and solid choices. One reason are a few words from Tate's own mouth, (paraphrased) reagrding nobody wanting to hear the older songs and him not really wanting to revisit them. So why hire musicians who made a name for themselves in that same time frame and play more stylistically (subjective) to that same era then what is exhibited in the writing style of the current bands songwriting on recent releases ?

But, again, in his mind they are perfectly legitimate releases. He put his sole stamp of approval on them already. He's proud of them, regardless of what fans may say about them. So, in that light, he'll continue to do what he wants to. It has nothing to do with him making "educated choices". He writes songs like "How I Roll" and albums like Dedicated To Chaos because he WANTS to. He knows what fans want...he just doesn't care.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am

Quote :
He knows what fans want...he just doesn't care.

Then why make an effort to hire "other" players and not just keep the same ones in his solo band ?

and I undersdtand some of his (Tate's) reasoning but still do this scratch

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 am

James B. wrote:
Quote :
He knows what fans want...he just doesn't care.

Then why make an effort to hire "other" players and not just keep the same ones in his solo band ?

and I undersdtand some of his (Tate's) reasoning but still do this scratch

He's going for names/publicity...IMO. Nobody knows who's in his solo band...but people know who Rudy Sarzo is.

He'll tour Mindcrime (since it's "his"), and he'll write w/ Gray & Gane (like he has been) and continue to believe his own, self-aggrandizing hype in the name of "art" and "being true to himself as an artist". He doesn't appear to care about getting back in the good graces of the Prog Metal community like the rest of Queensryche...he just wants to write songs about sex, dye his goatee and play saxophone.

lol!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 am

...and bring his goblet of wine on stage, which I'm sure he tells people is the sacrament.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:09 am

Eyesore wrote:

Laughing very hard

I was "trained" correctly, but more often than not write/type how I speak...using the contaction(s) and then spell incorrectly.

we need a lil "cop" emoticon for Ken

"click on it" then type "spelling" or "grammar" before or after don\'t know

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He's going for names/publicity...IMO. Nobody knows who's in his solo band...but people know who Rudy Sarzo is.

I am totaly nitpicking here

If Tate doesn't care what the fans want ?

Why....go for "name" hired guns ?
Why....go back to the past 25 years ago and perform what nobody wants to hear anymore ?

I'd give him at least an ounce of credit if he did "American Soldier" in it's entirety instead. At least that would coincide more with what comes out of the mans mouth.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 am

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I am totaly nitpicking here

If Tate doesn't care what the fans want ?

Why....go for "name" hired guns ?
Why....go back to the past 25 years ago and perform what nobody wants to hear anymore ?

I'd give him at least an ounce of credit if he did "American Soldier" in it's entirety instead. At least that would coincide more with what comes out of the mans mouth.

...because he needs to compete with "QUEENSRYCHE HAS NEW VOCALIST"...plus he needs to separate it from his solo band somehow...so, "HEY LOOK I GOT RUDY SARZO I'M SO METAL NOW"...

...because he's gone on and on about how Mindcrime is "his" album..."he" wrote it...etc...AND if flies in the face of the band's claim that he never wanted to play old material

It's all calculated self-service...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Did you turn him down Shawn?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

We're in negotiations...don't tell Glen...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 pm

His solo band are probably not hard rock players. Maybe from a jazz/AOR background?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
His solo band are probably not hard rock players. Maybe from a jazz/AOR background?

Based on the clips I've seen they probably couldn't even spell "jazz" let alone play it. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Quote :
Dark Horseman wrote:

We're in negotiations...don't tell Glen...
Just use a pseudonym. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Laughing very hard

I was "trained" correctly, but more often than not write/type how I speak...using the contaction(s) and then spell incorrectly.

we need a lil "cop" emoticon for Ken

"click on it" then type "spelling" or "grammar" before or after don\'t know
I do this one time and deserve my own emoticon? Awesome. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Ill second Eyesore's "I Love this thread!"

I cannot wait till the real QR sues The Tate into being The Tate - voice who was formerly known as Queensryche but then got fired because my ego and I live in separate realities.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

At this point I hope they both flop and end up playing the State Fair circuit in the midwest for the rest of their lives. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 40 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next