Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocklahoma line up.

Go down 
+16
rattpoison
Wargod
the sentinel
nevermore
hairmetaluck
MetalGuy71
kethdredd
brontotex
scottmitchell74
HellRaiser
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
jstate
sam
Shiney
Metal Misfit
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rocklahoma line up. Empty
PostSubject: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Thursday, July 10:

BRET MICHAELS (headlining)
L.A. GUNS
ENUFF Z'NUFF
(possible Jake E. Lee appearance)
VAIN
HOUSE OF LORDS
JETBOY

Friday, July 11:

TRIUMPH (headlining)
EXTREME (co-headlining)
NIGHT RANGER
KINGDOM COME
ARMORED SAINT
XYZ

Saturday, July 12:

CINDERELLA
WARRANT (with Jani Lane)
KIX
TRIXTER
BLACK 'N BLUE
TORA TORA
EVERY MOTHER'S NIGHTMARE
PRETTY BOY FLOYD

Sunday, July 13:

[Major act yet to be announced]
TESLA
LYNCH MOB
(with Tommy Aldridge, Marco Mendoza)
ZEBRA
BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
AXE

Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Oh man... Just beautiful. Wish I could afford to go.

Ronnie Lee Keel gets relegated to the side stage. http://www.rockfeverfest.com/ Razz
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Holy crap, would that be great to attend.....

if for VAIN alone....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:45 pm

i hate missing all these great shows
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:49 pm

The teenage me would kick myself for not making the trek for that line-up. Sadly it won't happen.

I believe Ronnie Keel actually works Vegas doing country singer tributes as his regular gig.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:08 pm

jstate wrote:

I believe Ronnie Keel actually works Vegas doing country singer tributes as his regular gig.

Yup, he does. He portrays one of the Brooks & Dunn guys (I dunno whether he's Brooks or Dunn) in some kind of "Legends of Country" review.

On topic: I would love to go to this festival and re-live my cheesy 80s high school years all over again!! What a killer lineup!!

But what's Jake E. Lee "possibly" going to do with Enuff Z'Nuff? He was never an E.Z. member was he?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Great lineups. Especially that last day. Zebra plays just at the right time for a beer break!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:21 pm

The July 12 bill is good too but I'd leave after Kix.

Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 pm

I'd go just to see the reformed Triumph (I really need to get more of their albums too), but that's looking like a pretty good lineup overall. A bit too far for me to travel to though, unfortunately.

Wonder if Donnie Purnell will join Kix?

But the eternal question is: Which LA Guns? scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Good point about LA Guns.

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Kind of strange Beautiful Creatures will play but not Bang Tango.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:37 pm

I didn't even know Beautiful Creature was still active.

Wonder if George Lynch will play anything off that rap-rock catastrophe he put out. sick
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Quote :
Thursday, July 10:

BRET MICHAELS (headlining)
L.A. GUNS
ENUFF Z'NUFF
(possible Jake E. Lee appearance)
VAIN
HOUSE OF LORDS
JETBOY

Emptytomb, Toho, Fat Freddy, Shiney, others....I'll see you there. I won the lottery. thinking

Sleep

Wake up, Scott!!

"huh?!?! What? Oh, must have dozed....."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:15 am

I believe the "L.A. Guns" that will be playing at Rocklahoma is the Tracii Guns/Paul Black version... and that version is quite lame as I understand it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:41 am

Hmmm, Armored Saint. Roadtrip Ult????
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:35 pm

That is a ridiculous lineup. Am I 16 again?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Back in the day, I woulda been all over this. Nowadays, eh, not so much.
Back to top Go down
hairmetaluck
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I believe the "L.A. Guns" that will be playing at Rocklahoma is the Tracii Guns/Paul Black version... and that version is quite lame as I understand it...

Thats right, Guns version this year
Back to top Go down
hairmetaluck
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:21 am

There are still 4 bands that are not confirmed.
Maybe Vixen? I heard Jan was at the Whiskey last tuesday.

The complete list of the side stages are:

The Retrospect Records stage includes the following bands: Jester, Sidekixx, Pair-A-Dice, Front Runner, Tommy Had a Vision, Valor, Gypsy Blue, Whitefoxx, Blue Tiger, Wild August, Messang, Paul Shortino, Mariah, Warryor, Bad Candy, Lorraine, Nasty Nasty, Real Steel, Cuttlass, Vyper, Mass, Bad Candy, Oney, Strikeforce, Herazz, Reckless, Heartless, Ron Keel, Warryor and Alibi.

On the Tri-Label Group stage has Texas Hippie Coalition, Karnevil featuring Dario Lorina, Dirty Penny, Crooked X, Gypsy Pistoleros, Sweet FA, Banshee, Gods of Kansas, Lipstick Magazine, Pownd, Shadowside, Mindflow, Warmachine, Asphalt Valentine, Krucible featuring Lance King, and Death Riders.

It will be a hell of show, hell yeah! angry Rocklahoma line up. 430996
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:41 pm

I heard that Donnie Purnell had a major falling out with some of the other members of Kix and won't play with the band again.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Quote :
Pair-A-Dice ...

Wasn't that band around on the strip in the late 80s?
Back to top Go down
hairmetaluck
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:55 pm

You should see Mass, Massjestic band!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 pm

nevermore wrote:
I heard that Donnie Purnell had a major falling out with some of the other members of Kix and won't play with the band again.

Here's how I understand the Kix/Purnell situation:
Supposedly Purnell got pissed at Steve Whiteman for including a bunch of Kix songs in his live set when he first started playing out with his band "Funny Money" back in the mid-90s. Since Purnell wrote the bulk of the songs in Kix, he felt that Steve had no right to play them with his new band. Steve, meanwhile, maintained that the people coming to see his new band were obviously going to be Kix fans and that they expected to hear some Kix material (not to mention, when Funny Money only had one CD out, sticking solely to that material would make for an awfully short live set...they had to pad things out SOMEHOW, right?). Donnie obviously disagrees with that stance to this very day.

Therefore, any and all Kix reunion shows (most of which happen around the Baltimore area, where Kix were based) are done without Purnell in the lineup, cuz he still carries a grudge I guess. When "Kix" does gigs now, the bass player for Funny Money (whose name escapes me at the moment) takes Purnell's slot but the rest of the Kix guys (Brian "Damage" Forsythe, Jimmy Chalfant, and Ronnie 10/10 Younkins) are apparently on board along with Whiteman.

That said, I saw Kix a bunch of times in the late 80s/early 90s and they were one of the most energetic and fun live acts I ever witnessed. I'm sure that they'll still put on an entertaining show, even without Purnell in the lineup.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:51 pm

Not a lot of favorites there, but it would be cool to see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:33 pm

According to Blabbermouth, the Rocklahoma Festival got hammered by bad weather all weekend, which culminated in a huge rain and wind storm that caused the collapse of two of the side stages and a merchandise tent on Saturday night... a few people were hurt but not seriously. I hear the person who broke her arm was the bass player for the band Bone Shaker.

Here's the Blabbermouth poop:

Side Stages Collapse At ROCKLAHOMA; Video Footage, Photos Available
- July 12, 2008

According to Tulsa World, two stages at the Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma collapsed Saturday evening as storms were moving through the area. [See photos: Photo#1, Photo#2, Photo#3.] More pictures are available below.

The north and south side stages at the '80s metal music festival collapsed about 6 p.m., officials said.

Video footage captured just minutes after Rocklahoma side stages collapsed can be viewed below (courtesy of Allyson B. Crawford of Bring Back Glam).

No performances were going on at the time of the collapses as bands and crowds were taking shelter from storms.

One person suffered a broken arm and was transported to the Mayes County Medical Center, Mayes County Sheriff Frank Cantey said. About 10 other people had minor injuries that didn't require treatment, he said.

Cantey said 65 mph winds in the area caused the stages to collapse.

The main stage was not affected.

At 7:40 p.m., as thunder rumbled in the distance, Event Marketing Group President Rob Miller said that organizers were doing what they could to get music started on the main stage.

"We're keeping an eye out on the weather, we know there's more weather coming … safety first," he said.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocklahoma line up.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: