Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 am

James B. wrote:
Quote :
wow. That is pretty bad. The bar for the real QR's new album doesnt seem to be all that high...

One thing to consider is that this Tate's solo band and not the "hired guns" slated for his version of QR. It does make one wonder, if he's comfortable with these performances...what kind of "thought" went into choosing the other players ? Sure they might have some "marquis" value (subjective) but most fans are aware that they are average in talent. Seems that guitar player (Drover) was pretty smart by bailing ?

Yeah, but his solo band has been together longer and done a lot of shows...if they're not tight now, they never will be.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Just saw this one posted - a take off on The Geoff's EPK called The Truth About Geoff Tate:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yeah, but his solo band has been together longer and done a lot of shows...if they're not tight now, they never will be.

I kinda/sorta touched base on that replying to ToB's post regarding one version replacing 4 players while the other only replaced one (paraphrased)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 am

I have not read the last 39 pages of this, but the vid jokeriv posted seemed pretty slanted one way. Maybe someone should make a poll:

Tate and the voice of QR
or
Queensryche's music without the voice of Tate.

I dunno. I have purchased each album since the 80's, and personally I thought they all sucked. The only redeeming quality was Tate's vocals. I also got Rockenfeld's solo album and thought it slayed anything that QR has done since Empire. Will be seeing Tate-less QR on the boat in 2 months and can judge my opinion then on that. Have only seen Tate's negative vids so far, so if someone has a good Tate vid - post it here. I have followed a little bit of the drama, and I think Tate was a dick for involving his wife and family - but other than that...Seemed pretty punk to me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I kinda/sorta touched base on that replying to ToB's post regarding one version replacing 4 players while the other only replaced one (paraphrased)

Here's your cookie:
Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Cookie

Razz

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Here's your cookie:
Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Cookie

Razz

Thanks, I'd rather have your wife's. Homemade is always better

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

The Breakdown Room is a very dramatic forum. Jeez.

Quote :
To: Kellie Varma and the Geoff Tate Fanatics registered at The Breakdown Room

It has come to my attention that some of you may be allegedly plotting how to "take down" The Breakdown Room.

If that is indeed true, I'm not entirely sure what you think you can accomplish, but I will tell you this: Everyone here that has an account that can be traced, which is set up to support law enforcement efforts if they need that information. Every hack attempt is monitored by my host (who is a friend and fellow Queensryche fan).

If anyone tries anything to shut this place down via cyber attacks, or tangibly threatens myself my wife or our mods in any way, I will pursue each and every one of you to the fullest extent of the law. The forum is also fully backed up at random times every day, not just by my host, but manually by me as well.

So even if someone very stupidly decides to do something they'd regret, I'd have the forum back up in 15 minutes. So that would be VERY dumb.

Also I want it made clear: The Breakdown Room had no part in creating or publishing the Truth About Geoff Tate EPK. I heard it was coming a few hours before it made its appearance, but that’s about it. I do find it funny, and very true, but that's about the extent of me caring about it and the whole fan war.

Frankly, the whole GT-QR fan back and forth ox manur is old, on both sides. This forum exists for all Queensryche fans to discuss the band. I want no part in your tit-for-tat war. You want to promote GT, go for it. Enjoy yourselves. But this forum does not support your efforts, nor the efforts of those that take smurf poo too far the other way.

Grow up and move on. Music is passion. We're all devoted to what we like and what means a lot to one another. But too many people on both sides have made this extremely personal. It's ridiculous and this forum wants no part of it.

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=3646.0

Regards,
The The Breakdown Room Team.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm

They really are.

I was in a discussion there and, since I reiterated a point, I got a PM from the Admin telling me to "move on". Haha!!

I PM'd back stating I wasn't being rude, I was stating other facets of the point, and was very polite in my PM back to him. He would not budge. Just kept telling me to "move on" and how he would "not tolerate" whatever the hell he perceived me to be doing.

I told him to delete my account...haha!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They really are.

I was in a discussion there and, since I reiterated a point, I got a PM from the Admin telling me to "move on". Haha!!

I PM'd back stating I wasn't being rude, I was stating other facets of the point, and was very polite in my PM back to him. He would not budge. Just kept telling me to "move on" and how he would "not tolerate" whatever the hell he perceived me to be doing.

Yeah, I joined a while back, friended their Facebook page, and the mods and owner love flexing their so-called "power." It's really annoying.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They really are.

Yeah, I joined a while back, friended their Facebook page, and the mods and owner love flexing their so-called "power." It's really annoying.

the sad thing is its only music. Threatening or getting all worked up really is just plain silly.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 am

How is this thread still alive? surprised

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 am

ultmetal wrote:

It has the same effect as passing a bad car crash on the highway. You don't want to look, but you can't turn away. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:

No kidding.

I've been tempted to rename it a couple times. I think "The Official Let's Bitch About Geoff Tate Thread" would work.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:15 pm

I believe the blame (?) goes to joker. Just when it cools down in here, he finds something new to post about his favorite singer and we all get fired up again. Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I believe the blame (?) goes to joker. Just when it cools down in here, he finds something new to post about his favorite singer and we all get fired up again. Smile

LOL!!!!!! It really is like a trainwreck, hard to look away.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm

That bald headed dildo (no, not Spec) just keeps feeding us plenty of material to comment on. As long as he keeps lobbing grapefruits at the plate, we'll do our best to swing at 'em. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 505193

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

No kidding.

I've been tempted to rename it a couple times. I think "The Official Let's Bitch About Geoff Tate Thread" would work.

For no reason at all did I originally read that as "The Official Let's Give Birth To Geoff Tate Thread", and no, I never attested to living in any normalcy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

No kidding.

For no reason at all did I originally read that as "The Official Let's Give Birth To Geoff Tate Thread", and no, I never attested to living in any normalcy.

Normalcy? What's that? insane
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm

I love this thread!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 am

Quite a few WTF? moments in this one.

Quote :
The Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has signed a worldwide record deal with the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records.

Although a lineup for Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed. The band will now feature Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, DIO, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT), guitarist Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE 1998-2001), keyboardist Randy Gane and new additions, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE) and drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, RHINO BUCKET).

Wright takes over for previously announced drummer Bobby Blotzer, who will be returning to RATT as an integral part of the band that made him famous.

"I'm very much looking forward to being involved in the QUEENSRŸCHE project with Geoff," states Wright. "I've always admired his singing and songwriting and working with Rudy Sarzo again is going to be cool! Between this and my other project, DIO DISCIPLES, I look forward to a very busy year!"

QUEENSRŸCHE, with all members cited above, will soon be entering the studio for the first Cleopatra effort due out later this year. Legendary guitar slinger K.K. Downing of JUDAS PRIEST fame will be making a special guest appearance on the forthcoming CD, as will KING'S X guitarist Ty Tabor and Blotzer.

Tabor comments, "I'm very happy that Geoff considered me for this record. It will be great to play with all of these great musicians."

Beginning in early April, Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE will be hitting the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the band's epic 1988 release, "Operation: Mindcrime", performing all fifteen songs from the album along with other well-known hits and rarities from the catalog they've compiled over the past 30 years.

"I try to surround myself with the best players available and feel our longtime fans deserve nothing less," says Tate. "I expect the forthcoming effort to be one of our best yet."

Tate, who was fired from QUEENSRŸCHE in June 2012 after fronting the group for three decades, last year sought to prevent his former bandmates from touring and operating under the QUEENSRŸCHE name without him. While ruling against Tate, the presiding judge determined that there was no legal hurdle in Tate also using the name with an all-new lineup of musicians. "I don't see any reason that Mr. Tate can't have the benefit, if he gets other members, of whatever name he uses of using the brand," Superior Court Judge Carol A. Schapira said during the July 13, 2012 court hearing. "I think [doing that would be] inherently confusing, although I'm sure the market can get these things sorted out," she added.

Last November, Tate released his first solo CD in over a decade titled "Kings & Thieves" (InsideOut Music) and toured with his solo band in support of the CD, which included dates with the legendary ALICE COOPER.
I think I hate this guy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:36 pm

It's just more of the same crapola from him. Interesting how guys are jetting so quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Hard to believe that both K.K. and Ty are willing to participate with this fiasco. I hope he's paying them well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Hard to believe that both K.K. and Ty are willing to participate with this fiasco. I hope he's paying them well.
I imagine that's all it is for them: money. He'll send them a track through Dropbox, they'll rip out a half-assed solo, send it back, then collect a check.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 pm

I doubt K.K. is hurting for money, if he was, he would have stayed with Judas Priest who has been doing pretty good business on the road.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm

S.D. wrote:

It's possible they aren't familiar with the high level of douche-baggery that The Geoff has been up to lately.... I wouldn't be surprised if they drop out of the project in the near future. I also won't be surprised if The Geoff's Scabryche never releases an album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 39 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next