Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Their biggest sellers were Empire, Promised Land and Operation Mindcrime. If they are going after the "cash" they might want to try and pull back in some of that audience that were nuts about them at the time.

If they go too far into an earlier metallic direction ala The Warning I think they will get the niche audience but probably won't make much of a dent in record sales.

No matter what route they choose, they'll still have people bitching incessantly. One of the things you can always count on metalheads doing...COMPLAINING.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
Their biggest sellers were Empire, Promised Land and Operation Mindcrime. If they are going after the "cash" they might want to try and pull back in some of that audience that were nuts about them at the time.

If they go too far into an earlier metallic direction ala The Warning I think they will get the niche audience but probably won't make much of a dent in record sales.

No matter what route they choose, they'll still have people bitching incessantly. One of the things you can always count on metalheads doing...COMPLAINING.

ah but metalheads are not alone in that pastime.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 pm

S.D. wrote:

That would make sense if money was actually being made with recorded product. Touring and merchandising are where the cash is nowadays. as you have stated before. I hope both Yngwie J. Tate and Queensryche do well in their respective endeavors. It's fun clowning on The Geoff Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 pm

I still maintain that Hear In The Now Frontier is an excellent album. I know people dislike it, and I'll admit it was a serious sidestep for the band, but I think it's a great album overall. I won't defend those that came after, though, aside from a handful of songs from each.

But yeah, I hope these guys pull it off. And I hope Crimson Glory don't get dicked over in the process. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 pm

I wonder who gets any royalties on the back catalog since the Geoff seems to own the name for now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I wonder who gets any royalties on the back catalog since the Geoff seems to own the name for now.

I would imagine its twice the royalties since the real QR own the majority stake in the LLC.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Actually, he doesn't own the name. The judge let 2 versions exist - the money probably goes to the writers separately. If it goes to the band, it would go to the Queensryche corporation, which is controlled by Queensryche and not scabryche
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Actually, he doesn't own the name. The judge let 2 versions exist - the money probably goes to the writers separately. If it goes to the band, it would go to the Queensryche corporation, which is controlled by Queensryche and not scabryche

Tate only ever owned 1/5 of the corporation.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Tate only ever owned 1/5 of the corporation.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

DeGarmo
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

Their lawyers.

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Rimshot-key-thumb

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 am

Lawyers is probably right. Scabryche. It has potential.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I still maintain that Hear In The Now Frontier is an excellent album. I know people dislike it, and I'll admit it was a serious sidestep for the band, but I think it's a great album overall. I won't defend those that came after, though, aside from a handful of songs from each.

But yeah, I hope these guys pull it off. And I hope Crimson Glory don't get dicked over in the process. Haha.

I like that record too but it doesn't have the Queensryche sound too it. I hope the same for Crimson Glory. Its taken them this long to get another album out so they probably aren't really in some huge rush. I just hope La Torre can actually do both without blowing is voice. I'd rather see Crimson just hang it up then get another singer. Astronomica to me was a horrible album with Wade's annoying yelling. I only like about 2 songs from it and that damn drum sound on that thing is horrible. I still don't understand why in this day in age do people use the worse sounding drum programs. I've heard some where you can't even tell and yet they settled on crap. I just hope thats changed for the next album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Quote :
I'd rather see Crimson just hang it up then get another singer.

I am probably the biggest Crimson Glory fanboy on this board and even I can agree with that.

Glaciers move faster than Crimson Glory anyway, so I was already sick of waiting for them to kick down new material even before Todd LaTorre got sucked up into the Queensryche mothership.

When Todd first got on board with C.G., I had actually started to hope we might see something new from them soon, but now I'm sure they're on the back burner again because Todd's obviously got bigger/more important stuff goin' on.

Sigh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

More Tate fun... according to his latest interview, he's part African:

http://www.sonicabuse.com/2012/11/geoff-tate-speaks-to-sonicabuse-2012/

Interviewer: There seems to be a strong rhythmic cadence to your vocal style, almost rap in places, is that an influence?

Tate: Oh yeah probably, one of my main influences in my life has always been R&B music and I’m part African, it’s my heritage, so it probably comes out – yeah. I think that the older I get, the more rhythmic a singer I become – the phrasing is sort of leaning to a more rhythmic delivery in what I do. I’m fascinated by creating holes in the music for the melody to work in a rhythmic fashion.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I am probably the biggest Crimson Glory fanboy on this board and even I can agree with that.

Glaciers move faster than Crimson Glory anyway, so I was already sick of waiting for them to kick down new material even before Todd LaTorre got sucked up into the Queensryche mothership.

When Todd first got on board with C.G., I had actually started to hope we might see something new from them soon, but now I'm sure they're on the back burner again because Todd's obviously got bigger/more important stuff goin' on.

Sigh.

yea its a shame. I'm extremely looking forward to the album when its finished though. That song they released a few months back wasn't too bad. I'm hoping they release another sample of a more rocking song though.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Sigh.

I must be a bigger CRIMSON GLORY fan because I'd be OK if they found a replacement. Smile Granted, they were awesome when I saw them live with Todd but I think they should carry on because "Astronomica" is still a great disc without Midnight.

If you think it's tough being a CG fan try being a WARLORD fanboy!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Are there any Warlord rumors shaking the ground right now?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Interviewer: There seems to be a strong rhythmic cadence to your vocal style, almost rap in places, is that an influence?

Tate: Oh yeah probably, one of my main influences in my life has always been R&B music and I’m part African, it’s my heritage, so it probably comes out – yeah. I think that the older I get, the more rhythmic a singer I become – the phrasing is sort of leaning to a more rhythmic delivery in what I do. I’m fascinated by creating holes in the music for the melody to work in a rhythmic fashion.

Because Africa and black-created music is entirely centered around rap and R&B. What's he going to say next, he's got a taste for watermelon flavored Arizona tea?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

i.e. I can't sing as well anymore so I'm becoming an African rapper, whatever that means.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:44 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 29150046

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 29150046

Looks like that was not the first time he said that:

(speaking about the track Say U Luv It):

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/geoff-tate-kings-and-thieves-track-by-track/

Kinky sex? Well, yeah, of course I’m into it! It depends what your definition of “kinky” is. We all have our lines in the sand. But at my age, I don’t know what it is, I’m more interested in sex now than I was in my 20s. In my 20s and 30s I was more interested in pushing my career, more concentrated on accomplishment. Now, all I wanna do is Smurf! Luckily my wife is up for it – she’s at a wonderful age too. We’re having a great time now the kids are grown. I have African-American heritage and I joke to her: “I’m African-American from the waist down!”
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Quote :
I have African-American heritage and I joke to her: “I’m African-American from the waist down!”

Nahhhhhhhhhhh......he didn't really say that did he???
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
I have African-American heritage and I joke to her: “I’m African-American from the waist down!”

Nahhhhhhhhhhh......he didn't really say that did he???

Check the link - according to classic rock mag he did in the interview.... they probably didn't make it up! Geoff should call his autobiography (which you know will be out some day) "How to lose fans and make enemies Starring Geoff Tate, The Original Voice"
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I remember reading stuff like this with the 'Smoke This' record by Lynch Mob. George hated Don so hard that he became black. I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 31 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next