Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 am

Laughing very hard

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:54 am

That's a rad belt buckle though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:43 pm

MSN names Kings & Thieves worst album of 2012:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blogpost.aspx?post=9ea12cbb-2005-4722-a5ef-204a6f2eb926&ref=bfv

1. Geoff Tate, Kings & Thieves (InsideOut)
It’s been quite a year for Geoff Tate. He pulled a knife on his Queensrÿche bandmates, mocked a Rocklahoma crowd during a set, was fired from his band, was dragged into a spectacularly ugly public spat in which every little band squabble was made public, and started whining when people realized that his replacement Todd LaTorre could actually sing “Queen of the Reich” better than he can. If that wasn’t enough, I actually saw him perform Queensrÿche songs with a saxophone, preening like Rob Lowe in St. Elmo’s Fire. To cap it off, he released what was far and away the worst album of 2012. Kings & Thieves isn’t just the sound of a 50 year-old playing mid-‘90s alt-metal thinking it was still “cool”, it’s smarmy, hilariously arrogant (he actually raps, “Can I get a mic check”), creepy in its explicitness (“Would you like something thick?”), and mind-boggling in its ineptness. It’s a 52-minute facepalm. Just watch: firing this clown will have been the smartest decision Queensrÿche have ever made. Good riddance.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:33 pm

MSN's opinion is very important.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:39 pm

I read that Kenny G took Glen Drover's vacant spot and Geoff hired the Flygirls from In Living Color as background dancers. If it's on the interweb, it has to be true.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:39 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
These days, "journalism" too often means "random asshat with a computer."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 am

Geoff Tate seems to be everybody's favorite whipping boy this year, granted he brought alot on himself, but I wonder if these reviewers are actually making judgements based on the merits of the music on his solo album or just reviewing it based on their personal views on the man and his questionable actions this year.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 am

manny wrote:
Geoff Tate seems to be everybody's favorite whipping boy this year, granted he brought alot on himself, but I wonder if these reviewers are actually making judgements based on the merits of the music on his solo album or just reviewing it based on their personal views on the man and his questionable actions this year.

Exactly. What if the same tripe had been released by Bruce Dickinson? They'd probably be bending over backwards to try to find something good in it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
These days, "journalism" too often means "random asshat with a computer."

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, the album was poop and he is being a major douche.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm

manny wrote:

he brought almost all of it on himself. His previous solo albums have not been all that good and his latest lives up to that tradition. I do think he wins the best self-promotion video of 2012. This is fantastic:

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Well, the album was poop and he is being a major douche.

Yep, the album sucked and he is being a major douche. He needs to knock off the "The Geoff is Queensryche" BS (lawsuit, his version of Queensryche) and work on his own solo career. He's really alienated a ton of fans because of the way he has been acting. All he's going to have left if he keeps it up are the hard core "The Geoff" fans that think he can do no wrong...... and it's going to be a lot less then those 150 people that keep turning up to his solo shows.....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Exactly. What if the same tripe had been released by Bruce Dickinson? They'd probably be bending over backwards to try to find something good in it.

I don't think so. If Bruce would of threatened his bandmates, spit on another, gotten fired, lied and presented B/S as fact, and THEN released crappy music. I'd be giving him the same jibes I give Tate.

The worst thing he (Tate) has done is playing all those great songs with hack no talent musicians.

I also think Bruce would cop/admit to not being able to sing a song if he couldn't instead of saying people don't wanna hear it or having a lack of interest in being a nostalgic act. If Tate really meant that statement, he'd just a given up on the past (Queensryche) and focused onthe future (solo).
Actions will always speak louder than words.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 pm

James B. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I don't think so. If Bruce would of threatened his bandmates, spit on another, gotten fired, lied and presented B/S as fact, and THEN released crappy music. I'd be giving him the same jibes I give Tate.
But that's different from what he said. ToB was talking about just the album, none of the other crap.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah you're right about what ToB meant...I still disagree with his comment. Most people who review music are gonna call crappy music, "crappy music". Unless they are a fanboy, and then we all know that a fanbooy will bend over backwards to find something good in it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Ge-Off's is even more important...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Check out this pro-Tate comment that someone left on my HubPage blog entry about the Queensryche/Tate mess (which you can read at: http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Meet-QUEENSRYCHE-Both-of-Them if you're so inclined. Yes, I know I'm shameless.)

I can't see how peeps can compared this false setto tribute singer to Geoff Tate! I know he's not the singer he was when he was in his 20s-30s, but come on now! I was in a Queensryche tribute band that was as good as this.. There was also a Queensryche tribute band I use to think was pretty decent called "Z lot Z".. It's sad that they sound more like Queensryche than Queensryche now! Geoff, even in his old age is in a league of very few! One other who comes to mind is the great Bruce Dickinson! People are hating on Tate cause he spit on Rockenfield and punched Michael Wilton?? Seriously?? Who gives a rats ass!! Don't ya usually like a band for how they sound?? If that's what makes ur mind up about a band then I think u got a little to much of a emotional connection to the band.. Which is kinda g*y to be honest! Besides, they fired him, were sneaking behind his back, fired family members and never went to the guy and complained about music direction or anything.. It was very shady snake'ish stuff to do.. In my town ya got shot for sh*t like that! I'm glad Geoff stuck of for the Queensryche brand and didnt just back down from it.. Yet everyone is turning their back on him! What kinda fans were u? One day not long ago u guys wanted to give Geoff a knob job, but now ur hating him! Bunch of lame phonies! Good luck with ur tribute band.. I'll wait for Geoffs version of Ryche.. And ya all will be jumping on the bandwagon when it smokes the "Real" version of Queensryche! That is so laughable!! The Real version of Queensryche.. Haha the version that wrote a song and a half of their material!! What a joke!

surprised

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Probably one of the Tate family members or his hired PR person to add a counterpoint to anything perceived as negative towards The Geoff.... The Geoff doesn't have many nutswingers left....

In other news, I read that the shows that The Geoff has booked as Queesnryche are getting moved to smaller venues - from 2000 seaters to 600 seaters.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:43 pm

scratch

Person name drops one "tribute" band but not the one they were a member of.

Quote :
Geoff, even in his old age is in a league of very few!

Yep, the farm team of it's major league counterpart

Quote :
Good luck with ur tribute band.. I'll wait for Geoffs version of Ryche.. And ya all will be jumping on the bandwagon when it smokes the "Real" version of Queensryche! That is so laughable!! The Real version of Queensryche..

So....Geoff's current contributions of vocal and songwriting skills seen on his current solo release is gonna be different than anything he would put out under the moniker of Queensryche he fronts with those squid musicians? Okie Dokie

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Probably one of the Tate family members or his hired PR person

That thought did cross my mind. I almost responded "Geoff? Is that you?" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:14 pm

I saw Z LOT Z many years ago. They did moonlight as a QR tribute band.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm glad Geoff stuck of for the Queensryche brand and didnt just back down from it.. Yet everyone is turning their back on him![/i]

Is there anybody listening?

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm

He's breaking the silence.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:53 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
He's breaking the silence.

He's on the Road to Madness.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:55 am

So, first Glenn Drover leaves GT's Ryche, now his keyboard player has a heart attack:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=184136

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 36 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next