Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I believe the other guys and not Tate. The (elevator music) direction the band has been on (like tate's solo stuff) is a direct indication that Tate had complete control of the band's inregrity. But since they have families, a brand name and loyal fans, they couldn't risk it all and walk away that easily... It became obvious they could not work with Tate. I'm looking forward to their new music without Tate and a return to their metal roots.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Geoffobscene

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Geoffsodumb

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Geoffstrikeyou

couldn't help myself, trying to refrain from doing more
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Geoffobscene

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Geoffsodumb

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Geoffstrikeyou

couldn't help myself, trying to refrain from doing more

How about one stating Anton Levay's long lost son? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:42 pm

He looks like the love child of Yul Brynner and Anton LeVay.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He looks like the love child of Yul Brynner and Anton LeVay.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Y'know, all this drama has reminded me that I actually own Geoff Tate's debut solo disc... I couldn't tell ya the last time I listened to it, though. I got it in a pile of CDs that I bought at a yard sale a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty awful. Now with all this whoop-de-doo I'm almost tempted to pull it out and give it a spin.

...notice that I said "almost." Smile

Meantime, this saga just keeps getting funnier. Now Parker Lundgren (Tates's former son in law) is weighing in on the saga:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176605

...and former Dream Theater dude Mike Portnoy sez the QR mess makes his split with DT look like "a walk in the park"
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176607

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm

As the Queensryche Turns...

All this stuff is like a bad soap opera.

I tend to side with the other band members here. Tate is the master of control it seems and now the others have had enough. And its another instance of someone's wife help ruining a band.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Quote :
And its another instance of someone's wife help ruining a band.

Susan Tate can now take her place amongst these other infamous band destroyers:

Yoko Ono

Sharon Osbourne

Janine Pettibone (If she told them once, she told them a THOUSAND times... Spinal Tap's name ABOVE the puppet show!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
And its another instance of someone's wife help ruining a band.

Susan Tate can now take her place amongst these other infamous band destroyers:

Yoko Ono

Sharon Osbourne

Janine Pettibone (If she told them once, she told them a THOUSAND times... Spinal Tap's name ABOVE the puppet show!)

could you imagine ozzy and Tate touring together? The two wives would be something!! to listen to

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 pm

At the 3:58 mark, Geoff spitting on Scott:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Unbelievable. I would have kicked his ass.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I totally agree. I would have hopped that drum kit, and pounded his face in M.M.A style.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:51 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I totally agree. I would have hopped that drum kit, and pounded his face in M.M.A style.

awww but little geoffy would have cried...

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Thoughts:

I think there's some truth on both sides but Geoff has really damaged the brand. But in many ways he kinda is the brand. I just don't think whatever art-rock direction he was trying to take the band won over anyone. For example, I don't think anyone only likes their recent stuff but dislikes their first five albums but I think there are a lot of fans that are vice-versa.

I don't think the remaining 3 QR guys are really musical visionaries or were really busting their butt to come up with great material. I was surprised how sloppy the drums sounded live on that Rising West show. Maybe it is just because they haven't played many of those songs in years. A lot of the songs Wilton wrote were kindof saved by the vocals to make them above average and I guess we'll just see how well the LaTorre/Wilton collaboarations will work out. I wonder if Wilton was testing the waters with Ripper when he did that Soul Bender project with him. Really, I think this collaboartion has more potential (but less than a new CG album).

It was kindof unfair how QR were talking about their diminished album sales and blaming Tate 100%. A lot of that is true of any band these days. I think their larger point is true though, the QR brand has diminished a lot faster than others (with in my mind, the only other band who could compete wth falling farther faster would be Anthrax).

Since this all went down i went back and listened to some of OpMc2. The riffs on that album were pretty much nonexistent. I'm sure Wilton can do better than that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 am

Quote :
The riffs on that album were pretty much nonexistent. I'm sure Wilton can do better than that.

According to Wilton, his music wasn't used on that album...

"Susan Tate brought to the table the idea to record 'Operation: Mindcrime II'. The band was hesitant and did not want to lessen the original. But Susan Tate and Geoff Tate hired a budget producer and took control without really any other input. The manipulation of upfront monies was the Tates' main tool to get what they wanted. Scott Rockenfield, Eddie Jackson and I were squeezed out of having any input in the musical direction or business decisions, thus the project suffered. The rest was an organizational nightmare. The producer was never around when needed; he was constantly asleep on the job or playing games on his media player. He would send emails to the wrong email addresses. During the initial writing phase, I would show up to bring my input to the creative process only to find that the producer, the new guitar player (who were both staying with the Tates at the time), along with Geoff Tate had been up late the night before or up early that morning and had written the songs without me. I was then told my ideas were not needed as the songs were now done. I could, however, 'bring my own style' in during the recording after learning to play what they wrote for me. In frustration, I gave up on the writing process knowing that I would at least get to make changes in the studio to bring back the QUEENSRŸCHE sound into these songs that we were known for. The final straw was when they refused to let me to be a part of the final recordings and mixes. I was shut out and they had the nerve to replace some of my parts on my songs. They denied me flying to San Francisco to be a part of my band, telling me that everything was ready to go and I was not needed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:33 am

Wilton had three little credits on Mindcrime 2 (probably just solos). It's pretty much all Slater/Stone/Tate...

1. "Freiheit Ouvertüre" Eddie Jackson, Jason Slater, Mike Stone 1:35
2. "Convict" Geoff Tate 0:08
3. "I'm American" Slater, Stone, Tate 2:53
4. "One Foot In Hell" Slater, Stone, Tate 4:12
5. "Hostage" Jackson, Tate, Michael Wilton 4:29
6. "The Hands" Slater, Tate, Wilton 4:36
7. "Speed of Light" Slater, Stone, Tate 3:12
8. "Signs Say Go" Slater, Stone, Tate 3:16
9. "Re-Arrange You" Slater, Stone, Tate 3:11
10. "The Chase" Slater, Stone, Tate 3:09
11. "Murderer?" Slater, Tate, Wilton 4:33
12. "Circles" Jackson, Slater, Tate 2:58
13. "If I Could Change It All" Slater, Stone, Tate 4:27
14. "An Intentional Confrontation" Slater, Stone, Tate 2:32
15. "A Junkie's Blues" Slater, Stone, Tate 3:41
16. "Fear City Slide" Slater, Stone, Tate 4:58
17. "All the Promises" Slater, Stone, Tate 5:10

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 am

Shocked Looks like it's going to get a lot worse before (and if) it gets better. Hopefully the core of the band will push each other in songwriting so that whatever is released is more indicative of their talents, and shows that the brand can continue without Tate.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

" In addition, Geoff Tate has shown an almost messianic dedication to these ill received songs and musical direction. He openly loathes the metal sound that made the band famous, even saying so to the press. Geoff Tate even refuses to perform the bulk of the songs from the first five, and most popular, albums, considering them 'stupid,' his refusal coming in the face of overwhelming fan demand. "

This is a lie go on youtube, their set list is top heavy with songs from their first 4 albums, the EP seems to be the one that gets ignored in their set list
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 am

Reading thru the claptrap of the legal documents, I do not see how Geoff Tate can win the rights to the name Queensryche. The other three have a legal claim on the name, and for all I know so does Chris DeGarmo, bad business decisions were made by all 4 men, to fire the dude who manages Rush ( has managed then since they played in clubs) Ray Daniels to install Tate's wife as a manager was a boneheaded move.

This is so much like the Roger Waters Vs Pink Floyd, Waters claimed that the band was creatively dead and that for all extent and purposes he was Pink Floyd, the difference is that Waters was not fired from the band but left the band on his own accord.

Last edited by manny on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:02 am

manny wrote:
the difference is that Waters was not fired from the band but left the band on his own accord.

And Waters spat at a fan rather than his bandmates.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 am

I have read all the legal documents that are available and it appears that Tate will have a difficult time winning the QR name. The facts against him are:

1. Their corporate structure has been in place since 1989 and has successfully operated during that time with no complaints from all members. They even bought out DeGarmo's shares and spread them evenly amongst the four other members.

2. A quorum was reached in all decisions - it was always 3-1 against Tate. So he has no argument with firing his wife or family. Employees serve at the will of the corporation and if Tate didn't like the firing, he should have convinced at least one other member and prevented a quorum.

3. As a member of the corporation Tate breached his fiduciary duty to the other members by usurping a corporate opportunity for himself at the expense of the corporation - the Operation Mindcrime movie rights deal. This is a big no-no. You can't take opportunities from your own corporation. That alone is grounds for giving him the boot.

4. The remaining three members of QR acknowledge that Tate is owed 25% for his share of the corp and want the court to determine the amount as they could not negotiate with Tate.

Seems pretty cut and dried unless Tate can someone argue that the corporate form was invalid and he is the primary reason behind QR - this will be VERY difficult for him to prove.

I often remark how bands need to organize their legal affairs properly and never do but it appears that QR had a sound corporation set up (actually 3 of them). So kudos to them for that.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:43 am

I am not surprised they had that set up since they seem like intelligent men, you would never know that from all the f**kery going on, but their music and lyrics reflect that.

I still do not buy they were bullied by Geoff Tate, they all went along with it, and probably would have continued to do so, if the offer of the movie deal (which doubt would have ever been made, he would stuck in development hell) had not soured already what seemed to be fractured relationships between bandmates.

All this crap aside, I do not see how Queensryche is going to make a major comeback without Tate, but Accept were able to do it, so let's see what happens

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 am

The first thing they're gonna have to do is play next year's Rocklahoma and M3 Festivals with the new guy to make up for the crap-taculars both crowds witnessed this year. They can call it "The Apology Tour"

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 am

All of this is certainly ensuring some good sales from whatever the QR camp puts out next, fans are suckers for the 'we're back!' thing. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

I think they have a chance of getting more popular now without Geoff then with him. Which is kind of sad but the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 17 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next