Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

James B. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I knew folks in high school that loved Op:Mc and Empire and knew of nothing earlier.

What does that have to do with anything ? It's subjective to an era, plain and simple.

Ask high school kids today and how many of them would know the tune ?

In your high school era, 1990 or so (give or take) Those two albums were current/fresh and saturated on loads of cable video programing.

The EP came out in my last year of high school and ALOT of people knew about it. (my school had over 2500 students) I cranked it very, very loud in my baja bug out in the parking lot.

Tate (IMHDO) is under the assumption that he is smarter than anybody he talks to and they "have" to believe what he says. He can say whatever he wants, the truth of the matter is found in what comes out of his mouth while singing. He can't sing like he used to and should just cop to it. Nothing wrong with that, there were not many who could sing like he did then either. It's about money plain and simple. If there was another reason for him to "grasp-at-straws" in retaining some attachment to the band name or continue with "finger pointing", walking away and not looking back would be what he'd of done.

Tate is also trying to marginalize the current (REAL) incarnation of the band to try to make his current compositions look better. I came on board with Mindcrime and went back and obtained the previous material shortly thereafter and loved it. Its the last couple of Tate albums that people do not want to hear.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Tate acting like nobody knows QOTR is like King's X saying nobody knows Over My Head...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:37 am

Now Tate has moved from telling fans they suck to calling them f'n p8$$83s:

Supposedly some fans left because the Tate show sucked.......
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 am

The Geoff has been drinking too much of his own wine.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Wow that drummer sucks at playing that song.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

He sure does. I've always loved that there's almost like a little drum solo during the guitar solo. Whoever Tate's drummer is didn't even try any of the stuff Rockenfeld played on that song. Haha.

And what is the deal with Tate constantly talking about writing all these songs these days? "Silent Lucidity" was written by DeGarmo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:

And what is the deal with Tate constantly talking about writing all these songs these days? "Silent Lucidity" was written by DeGarmo.

In his mind, I'm sure he feels that he did all the writing. This guy is really coming off as warped,twisted little individual.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Geez, and 30 pages of this !
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Wonder if there were more people on stage than in the audience ? Drumming aside, the tone from a strat seems wrong for that particular song.

Yngwie J. Tate didn't sound to bad but.....the background vocals could of least tried to harmonize instead of the two or three guys ? singing a half step beneath The Geoff

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm

007 wrote:
Geez, and 30 pages of this !

And it will keep going and going and going...... until either Tate agrees to a settlement or he loses in court....

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

His guitar players suck too (all of them) - I've watch a bunch of clips and they play less than 1/2 the notes on some of the tracks and the bald guy butchers the hell out the solos.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

is that song off Empire? I didnt think he wanted to play those songs anymore...

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:50 pm

exact33 wrote:

That is not what he said.

Quote :
No – I don’t just want to keep playing Empire songs.

You guys might want to read what is actually written instead of what you "want" it to say. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That is not what he said.

Quote :
No – I don’t just want to keep playing Empire songs.

You guys might want to read what is actually written instead of what you "want" it to say. lol!

thats why i asked the question.....

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Quote :
Target Audience Magazine: Over the years, you've repeatedly said that you no longer feel inspired to sing selections from the earliest QUEENSRŸCHE albums, especially the most obscure tracks which have not been played on recent tours. Even if you had the inspiration to sing such QUEENSRŸCHE classics now — "Deliverance", "Child Of Fire", "Blinded" and "Roads To Madness", to cite some examples — would you be able to sing them up to the level you once did, or would those notes and style of singing put too much strain on your voice?

Tate: Wow! This misconception is puzzling to me. If one starts at the beginning, my life and my interests can be traced through my music. I do admit, some of those early songs from the EP and the "Warning" album hold different meaning for me now, much like the "dungeons and dragons" of early adolescence now hold a different meaning for most adults. There are several gems on those early records that I still feel strongly about and, as most people who have attended a QUEENSRŸCHE show lately, we as a band picked every song on the set list to reflect our individual favorites and our audience's favorites. In fact, over the years, we have conducted polls of our fans to get an accurate idea of what people wanted to hear live. I have very fond memories of playing "Rage For Order" in its entirety last year and also "Operation: Mindcrime" in its entirety at the end of our thirty-year-anniversary tour in December of 2011. In fact, the entire anniversary tour setlist was comprised of songs from all our albums.
While answer isn't entirely inaccurate, I'm not sure he answered the question. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Quote :
Yngwie J. Tate didn't sound to bad but.....the background vocals could of least tried to harmonize instead of the two or three guys ? singing a half step beneath The Geoff

You do not sing with The Geoff, you are just glad to sing near him.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

You do not sing with The Geoff, you are just glad to sing near him.

Laughing very hard

And if you are lucky, he will let you have a sample of his wine......
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm not sure that's luck.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm

So I was just reading a new interview with the band (http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2012/11/26/in-depth-interview-with-queensryche) and I listened to the demo samples again, and...I don't know, they sounded really good this time. Maybe the first time I was being too critical, you know, but this time they sounded great. Again, not like Queensryche per se, but really good.

How will fans react if they put out a killer album that just doesn't sound like Queensryche?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So I was just reading a new interview with the band (http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2012/11/26/in-depth-interview-with-queensryche) and I listened to the demo samples again, and...I don't know, they sounded really good this time. Maybe the first time I was being too critical, you know, but this time they sounded great. Again, not like Queensryche per se, but really good.

How will fans react if they put out a killer album that just doesn't sound like Queensryche?

Fans in general? it really depends.... If its a killer album, most of us here will say so. If it sucks, we will say it sucks. General population? Not so sure.....
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm ok with not sounding like old QR if it's quality.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm ok with not sounding like old QR if it's quality.

100% agree - my problem with the Tateryche releases are that they aren't quality
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Yngwie J. Tate will downplay whatever they release with some psuedo-intellectual diatribe and make it about himself. Ya know, say something that is basically true but nothin to do with the actual topic.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:

They are working with their old producer again so hopefully that will get them back to their more polished sound. Everything after Promised Land has sounded flat and amateur-ish. Some of the ideas in that teaser video sound really cool, especially the ones that sound like it could be a chorus or something. The finished product might not even sound like that in the end though.

I think the fans have been through a lot with this band and if they have kept up with them through all the changes I'm sure they will just be fine with it. I think its really more about the songs. It doesn't HAVE to sound like Queensryche, the songs just need to be there.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think people will be split just like Maiden fans are now - between those who say the new stuff sucks because its new regardless of good the material, those who appreciate the songs if they are good and The Tate who will say its all juvenile and doesnt sound good because he is not singing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 30 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next