Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, Slater isn't a fan. Haha.

It sounds like he had to work his ass off on a deadline and was getting no help from the band.

But, like you said, something had to happen to put the band in that mindset to begin with.

WHY would they not show up? WHY would they not participate? The real reason is somewhere in there...maybe they were beginning to resent Tate? Maybe they were just lazy as Tate has more or less stated (and Jason states).

It's also widely understood (without being specifically confirmed) that one reason Chris left was because it was getting to the point of him having to do everything himself (deal w/ EMI, write/arrange a lot on his own, etc)...that and he did not get along w/ Geoff's then-new wife (who ended up their manager).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It sounds like he had to work his ass off on a deadline and was getting no help from the band.

But, like you said, something had to happen to put the band in that mindset to begin with.

WHY would they not show up? WHY would they not participate? The real reason is somewhere in there...maybe they were beginning to resent Tate? Maybe they were just lazy as Tate has more or less stated (and Jason states).

It's also widely understood (without being specifically confirmed) that one reason Chris left was because it was getting to the point of him having to do everything himself (deal w/ EMI, write/arrange a lot on his own, etc)...that and he did not get along w/ Geoff's then-new wife (who ended up their manager).
I've only heard that DeGarmo left because of tension between he and Geoff's wife. Where the truth lies, I don't know. The fact that Slater claims to have written all of American Soldier is telling, I think. There is a very good possibility the other band members simply didn't see eye to eye with Geoff musically, and over time they simply gave up trying. Then again, maybe they were that lazy and were just there to get paid. Who knows.

It seems kind of weird that Wilton would bring a bunch of old amps and guitars if he had no intention of contributing, you know. Seems like a lot of pointless work for someone who would have undoubtedly already known he wasn't going to contribute. That part doesn't add up for me.

Slater felt like he was being shut out by Kelly Gray, so maybe the other band members felt the same way, that they were being shut out by Tate and his songwriters. I don't know.

Either way, something is missing here.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I've only heard that DeGarmo left because of tension between he and Geoff's wife. Where the truth lies, I don't know. The fact that Slater claims to have written all of American Soldier is telling, I think. There is a very good possibility the other band members simply didn't see eye to eye with Geoff musically, and over time they simply gave up trying. Then again, maybe they were that lazy and were just there to get paid. Who knows.

It seems kind of weird that Wilton would bring a bunch of old amps and guitars if he had no intention of contributing, you know. Seems like a lot of pointless work for someone who would have undoubtedly already known he wasn't going to contribute. That part doesn't add up for me.

Slater felt like he was being shut out by Kelly Gray, so maybe the other band members felt the same way, that they were being shut out by Tate and his songwriters. I don't know.

Either way, something is missing here.

Exactly - something is missing. Here's some of the ideas that Wilton/Rockenfield brought to the table for OM:II that Tate rejected:

http://www.sonofind.com/search/html/popup_cddetails_i.php?cdcdkurz=SCD0814&sprache=EN
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I listened to those tracks a while back and I wasn't all that impressed. For intros to things like the UFC or whatever, sure, but if you're suggesting they were meant to be QR songs, then I can see why they'd be rejected.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I listened to those tracks a while back and I wasn't all that impressed. For intros to things like the UFC or whatever, sure, but if you're suggesting they were meant to be QR songs, then I can see why they'd be rejected.

Yeah, that stuff is far from impressive. And, if you believe Jason Slater, those ideas were not presented until Mindcrime 2 was being mixed (a year too late). Tate fought to keep one of Jackson's ideas.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 am

All this drama is more entertainment than Queensryche has been in years!!!

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 am

exact33 wrote:
All this drama is more entertainment than Queensryche has been in years!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm

All the legal documents are posted online - I read a few, Geoff doesn't look so good in the various statements from band members and others. The rest of the band has a pretty strong case as they are 75% of the corporations vs 25%

http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2906.0
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 pm

hahah I was just gonna post this. I dont see Geoff doing any of this but who knows. He has been really odd the last couple of years.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
hahah I was just gonna post this. I dont see Geoff doing any of this but who knows. He has been really odd the last couple of years.

Yeah, the band's stuff seems to be a lot more together than Tate's legal stuff. Plus, he's asking for the Queensryche name (big shock - lol!)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Damn I was just trying to sit here and skim thru some of this stuff. I always had a feeling that those drums on OM II were either someone else or programmed. Where is Mike Stone in all of this? He's been mentioned a few times. I wonder what he would say and also Digarmo.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Lengthy statement from Scott Rockenfield about the Tate mess:

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176573

Highlights of the legal documents posted above by Joker:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176576

All I can say is "Geeez." If even HALF of the stuff the band is saying about Tate is true, then I wonder why they didn't get rid of his pompous ass years ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

All I can say is "Geeez." If even HALF of the stuff the band is saying about Tate is true, then I wonder why they didn't get rid of his pompous ass years ago.

My favorite quote from the documents, " Moreover, Geoff Tate himself has acknowledged publicly the importance of QUEENSRŸCHE's popularity coming from its 'sound,' and how that sound originates with the musicians Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton. As Geoff Tate has never written any music for any QUEENSRŸCHE songs, this stands to reason. And . . . it is this sound, coupled by a willingness to return to it as it was in the first five albums, both in new and old material, which will let QUEENSRŸCHE succeed well beyond its current performance, something that cannot happen with Geoff Tate's refusal to embrace QUEENSRŸCHE's past."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 am

Also, what the heck is Paul Gargano doing in this lawsuit? I thought Metal Edge ceased publication years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

WOW

If the future looks this bright to them with Todd on the mike, then great for them.

Who will care about a solo Geoff Tate? No one, which is probably why he is lashing out so desperately to keep the name.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 am

i look forward to a more rockin' Rÿche. piss on Tate.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Also, what the heck is Paul Gargano doing in this lawsuit? I thought Metal Edge ceased publication years ago.

Desperation on the part of Geoff Tate - he's trying to get the name and judging by the corp docs they provided, he doesn't have a chance in hell
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am

This seems to be more of a family squabble then anything to do with Queensryche's music legacy, I still feel Geoff Tate is being more truthful then the other 3 guys and if they really felt Geoff Tate's wife was horrible manager they should have said so eons ago, lots of bands have different managers for different members of a band. The document states what Geoff Tate has already stated that all 4 of them owned the name, and that not one person made all of the decisions for the band..

I do not think Geoff Tate is going to win, just like Roger Waters did not win his lawsuit against Pink Floyd.

Unlike Pink Floyd which were still a huge commerical entity when they were sued by Roger Waters, Queensrcyhe is nowhere near the level of success they enjoyed during their peak.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Tate needed a corporate rock ass kisser to take his side....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Tate needed a corporate rock ass kisser to take his side....

And it seems the only people that Tate could get to do declarations where on the Tate's payroll, ass kissers or both
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

Quote :
I was getting up onto my drum riser when fellow band member Geoff Tate walked in front of my drums and spit into my face while proceeding to yell obscenities at me. Geoff Tate then pushed my drums down onto the drum riser causing the first delays for the show. Geoff Tate then walked around the stage left behind Michael Wilton's guitar speakers and confronted Michael Wilton face to face. He proceeded to yell obscenities at him before striking him with his fist on the right upper side of Michael Wilton's face. I came off my drum riser to Michael Wilton's aid and told Geoff Tate to back off. Geoff Tate continued to yell obscenities and spit at both Michael Wilton and me, and then at that time proceeded to strike me in the face twice. I backed away and asked for security to assist the situation. Geoff Tate continued yelling obscenities and spitting at the band members while chasing us around the stage. The local stage security and our own crew came to assist in trying to subdue Geoff Tate. Geoff Tate continued to resist and kept chasing the band members around the stage, all the while screaming obscenities, spitting at them and threatening them. Our tour manager, Orlando Scott 'Fozzy' O'Hare, came to subdue Geoff Tate and move him to his position on the stage left. After a few minutes of Orlando Scott 'Fozzy' O'Hare trying to calm Geoff Tate down, Geoff Tate then came back across the stage at the band members. He continued to spit and yell obscenities and was trying to get close to them to continue his assault. Local security created a barrier between me, Eddie Jackson and Michael Wilton to keep Geoff Tate from approaching.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard The way this is worded, "Geoff Tate did this/that" over and over combined with the imagery of bald/eyelinered Geoff going berzerk all over the stage is lol! lol! lol!

also, you can envision this as a Wesley Willis song, were Mr. Willis still with us. "Geoff Tate Kicked My Ass".
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am

manny wrote:
This seems to be more of a family squabble then anything to do with Queensryche's music legacy, I still feel Geoff Tate is being more truthful then the other 3 guys and if they really felt Geoff Tate's wife was horrible manager they should have said so eons ago

I totally disagree with this assessment. If the world worked like that, then you wouldn't have women out there who took emotional and physical abuse from their husbands for years on end. Much of the time, people continually take things before they reach their boiling point.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:
This seems to be more of a family squabble then anything to do with Queensryche's music legacy, I still feel Geoff Tate is being more truthful then the other 3 guys and if they really felt Geoff Tate's wife was horrible manager they should have said so eons ago

I totally disagree with this assessment. If the world worked like that, then you wouldn't have women out there who took emotional and physical abuse from their husbands for years on end. Much of the time, people continually take things before they reach their boiling point.

These are grown men, and intelligent grown men (not that you would know that from reading that crap they keep spewing out) and I doubt anyone is going to put up with his crap for so long, the image of the other Queensie lads cowering like beaten wife is something I find hard to believe
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 am

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:

These are grown men, and intelligent grown men (not that you would know that from reading that crap they keep spewing out) and I doubt anyone is going to put up with his crap for so long, the image of the other Queensie lads cowering like beaten wife is something I find hard to believe

People stay in jobs they hate FOREVER! Because it involves those within the music industry doesn't shock me in the slightest. I'm sure the thought of leaving and starting up their own thing was scarier than giving Geoff the boot. Once they realized that they were having fun playing without Geoff, I'm sure a gigantic sense of relief entered their world. Whether they sell enough records in the future or play to the large crowds that they were used to playing along side of Geoff, I'm sure happiness and healthy camaraderie supersedes the business aspect of things. Most people in this world don't like the concept of change, no matter how bad things are, until they realize how good things are on the other side...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:35 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:

Don't forget this is also their job. plenty of us deal with abuse at work because we can't just up and quit.

Given that the longtime rumor has been that DeGarmo quit due to issues with Geoff and his wife, particularly his wife, it suggests to me that that the accusations against Tate are likely mostly true.

DeGarmo, unlike the other guys, had a backup career in place, so it was likely much easier for him to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 16 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next