Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 am

Its hard to judge by a clip someone took on their phone, one thing thou it does look like a lackluster performance, very underwhelming, but that is a bit unfair since I am juding from this singular clip.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 am

Is it just the video or does it sound like they're playing the song a little slower?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is it just the video or does it sound like they're playing the song a little slower?

Playing it slower, not playing 1/2 the notes that are in the song....... Yeah, his solo "band" wouldn't make it as a cover band. Heard a good number of the clips along the way and it's nothing but a train wreck. And the fat guy with the beard on guitar is Kelly Gray who is in Geoff Tate's Queensryche Starring Geoff Tate. He has been butchering every single solo he plays. And he's going to play all of O:MC?????? It's going to be a trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Is that Blotz behind the drumkit? It's hard to tell in that clip, but I don't think that's him, is it? Isn't he supposed to be the drummer of this trainwreck?

I'd go just to yell out "Play Way Cool Junior" all night. :cheese:

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Playing it slower, not playing 1/2 the notes that are in the song....... Yeah, his solo "band" wouldn't make it as a cover band. Heard a good number of the clips along the way and it's nothing but a train wreck. And the fat guy with the beard on guitar is Kelly Gray who is in Geoff Tate's Queensryche Starring Geoff Tate. He has been butchering every single solo he plays. And he's going to play all of O:MC?????? It's going to be a trainwreck.

Frankly it sounds like sh!t but hard to tell if its the video quality or if the band really sucks that much. Hard to judge from one clip or performance
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Frankly it sounds like sh!t but hard to tell if its the video quality or if the band really sucks that much. Hard to judge from one clip or performance

There's tons of clips out there, and they all sound the same. Bad.......

BTW - not Blotzer on drums
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm no musician, so I can't fully understand how difificult it is to learn another persons guitar parts.

But look at the guitarists in that video. All three of them are looking down at their instruments, really concentrating on what they are doing. And doing it rather poorly. While they might get better over time, they all look like they are struggling with the music in my opinion.

Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Is that real Geoff Tate on the interview?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:50 pm

I love this thread!!

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Yeah, this thread is kind of like herpes. It will lurk quietly for awhile and then flare up again.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Yeah, this thread is kind of like herpes. It will lurk quietly for awhile and then flare up again.

heh. All you have to do is wait for another interview by The Geoff for more fodder!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

heh. All you have to do is wait for another interview by The Geoff for more fodder!

Laughing very hard

That is the truth! I wonder what words of "wisdom" will come out of his Insania wine soaked mouth next!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:34 pm

The Geoff approves this thread.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
The Geoff approves this thread.

He says "You may be mocking The Geoff but its still about me."

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Jackas10

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 15617610
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:45 pm

That SpinaTate is pretty clever.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 pm

the first one aint bad either!!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Tateapedia

The free biased revisioned source of diatribe, ad hominem, and narcissism.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:22 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 15617610

Speaking of Spinal Tap, is it possible that Ge-Off can get into one of those pods that Derek Smalls was trapped in for the duration of Rock 'N' Roll Creation, but in this instance Ge-Off is trapped for all eternity with the song "Queen of the Reich" being pumped in with a tuner that goes to eleven?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Speaking of Spinal Tap, is it possible that Ge-Off can get into one of those pods that Derek Smalls was trapped in for the duration of Rock 'N' Roll Creation,

I dont see The Geoff getting trapped anywhere with an ego the size he has.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 1:19 pm

The Geoff is at it again:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183681&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GEOFF TATE Says His Former QUEENSRŸCHE Bandmates 'Can't Fight Their Way Out Of A Paper Bag' - Dec. 16, 2012

Über Röck recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Über Röck: If QUEENSRŸCHE with your three former bandmates were playing somewhere that you happened to be, would you go check them out?

Tate: Would I go watch my former bandmates play?

Über Röck: Yeah.

Tate: No. I'm not interested in that at all.

Über Röck: Hypothetically, if you were stuck in [an elevator] with them, who do you think would speak first?

Tate: If we were in a situation where we were put together who would speak first? Oh, it would be me.

Über Röck: And who do you think would throw the first punch?

Tate: Throw the first punch? Well, probably me. Those guys can't fight their way out of a paper bag. I've never seen such a bunch of... How can you be a man and not, like, defend yourself? How can you do that? I don't understand it. I probably shouldn't talk about that… I could get in trouble. [laughs] You know, Americans are really touchy about that stuff. I spit in Scott's [Rockenfield, QUEENSRŸCHE drummer] face and that is an ancient act of defiance and contempt: it's a symbolic gesture. It's ancient, people have been doing that for centuries and Americans can't wrap their head around that. They think it's juvenile, like it's something a kid does. They can't understand guys getting in a punch up. They fear that, they're appalled by it. In other countries, Ireland for example, the Irish don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Über Röck: If it all ended now and QUEENSRŸCHE, in whatever form stopped right now, how would you like the band to be remembered?

Tate: I had a different idea of how I wanted things to end than the way they have. I've always tried very hard to take care of the name and present the band in an elegant way — since I'm the one that does all the interviews and TV appearances and radio appearances and all that, and I've always tried to communicate to the world that we are a bunch of friends who make music together and that we care about each other and always stand by each other’s side, and that we were out to, ultimately, make music for as long as we possibly could. The whole way the other guys have handled the breakup thing really saddens me because it's in direct opposition to what my belief system is. I think that we could easily have sat in a room and talked about our problems, we could have addressed things in a real civil manner, we could have come to conclusions easily without dragging our laundry through the public, so to speak. The way that they've gone about firing everybody in our organization is just cold-hearted, you know, very cold and ruthless, and honestly it's not the way I envisioned the band ending its days, to be honest... I'm really humiliated by their actions, actually…
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
The Geoff is at it again:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183681&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GEOFF TATE Says His Former QUEENSRŸCHE Bandmates 'Can't Fight Their Way Out Of A Paper Bag' - Dec. 16, 2012

Über Röck recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Über Röck: If QUEENSRŸCHE with your three former bandmates were playing somewhere that you happened to be, would you go check them out?

Tate: Would I go watch my former bandmates play?

Über Röck: Yeah.

Tate: No. I'm not interested in that at all.

Über Röck: Hypothetically, if you were stuck in [an elevator] with them, who do you think would speak first?

Tate: If we were in a situation where we were put together who would speak first? Oh, it would be me.

Über Röck: And who do you think would throw the first punch?

Tate: Throw the first punch? Well, probably me. Those guys can't fight their way out of a paper bag. I've never seen such a bunch of... How can you be a man and not, like, defend yourself? How can you do that? I don't understand it. I probably shouldn't talk about that… I could get in trouble. [laughs] You know, Americans are really touchy about that stuff. I spit in Scott's [Rockenfield, QUEENSRŸCHE drummer] face and that is an ancient act of defiance and contempt: it's a symbolic gesture. It's ancient, people have been doing that for centuries and Americans can't wrap their head around that. They think it's juvenile, like it's something a kid does. They can't understand guys getting in a punch up. They fear that, they're appalled by it. In other countries, Ireland for example, the Irish don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Über Röck: If it all ended now and QUEENSRŸCHE, in whatever form stopped right now, how would you like the band to be remembered?

Tate: I'm really humiliated by their actions, actually…

Laughing very hard

Geoff - you should be humiliated by your actions. I find it really hypocritical for him to be saying that he finds Queen of the Reich's lyrics juvenile but going up to someone and spitting on them isn't?

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 pm

He's really grasping at straws in an attempt to appear intelligent and sophisticated. It makes me sad because this is one of the men who made me want to become a singer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am

Older story, but The Geoff is in some pretty well known company in this Thanksgiving list of Top 5 Rock And Roll Turkeys:

http://www.wdhafm.com/gmi/story.aspx?ID=1822307#.UNHtHG80WSp

Top 5 Rock & Roll Turkeys

11/19/2012

We have compiled a list of rockers whose actions are not so thankful, like our Thanksgiving turkey. These 5 have been known to gobble up attention and, a fair share of unnecessary clucking about themselves. Some of our nominees have been accused of being stuffed with extra helping of arrogance and we know that at least one of them will be late to Thanksgiving dinner. In honor of the holiday, here’s our list of the Top 5 Rock & Roll Turkeys!
1. Axl Rose (Guns N Roses)
Well fans I think we found our “Late Turkey” to dinner. Axl was known for being late to pretty much…everything, along with being a bit of a loose-cannon. It was Axl’s antics that drove away many of the original Guns N’ Roses members… but in his mind he was the band. He is also known to get into spats with many people including Tommy Hilfiger. One more thing: “Cornrows.”

2. Fred Durst (Limp Biscuit)
Here is our “Attention Turkey” of the group; always in the media for one thing or the other. Oddly enough it wasn’t his music that gained Durst attention, it was his constant calling out of other bands, fighting with fans and kissing and telling. Let’s not forget when he blamed the music industry was out to get him…yeah OK Fred.

3. Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
Geoff Tate is our “Burnt Turkey.” Tate recently was kicked out of Queensryche, which he had been with since the 80s. The former lead singer had allegedly been feuding with his bandmates and even spit on the drummer! And Tate didn’t stop there; after he was kicked out, he and his wife filed a lawsuit against the other members saying they were wrong to give him the boot. The two created an even bigger mess when they fought for the rights to the band’s name.

4. Lars Urlich (Metallica)
Lars Ulrich is our “Controversy Turkey” of the group. The Metallica drummer is like that one relative who always starts a fight at the dinner table. Back in the 90s, Ulrich took on Napster founder, Sean Parker, and a lot of adolescents, to get the music-sharing site shut down. Mr. Urlich stood on that soap box for years, but eventually recanted. Lars has been known as a trouble-maker ever since.

5. David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
Diamond Dave has to be the “Diva-Turkey” of the group. One of the most flamboyant front-men in Rock and Roll history, Roth left Van Halen after an allege feud with, well, basically all of the members. Several decades and scissor kicks later, DLR is back with Van Halen…for now.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 am

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 22702010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 35 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next