Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 pm

manny wrote:
I admit I am an elitist, there, I feel better!!! Confession is good for the soul!!!

Dude, I'm WAY elitist-er than you are. Neener neener neener. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
I admit I am an elitist, there, I feel better!!! Confession is good for the soul!!!

Dude, I'm WAY elitist-er than you are. Neener neener neener. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 19976

Stop trying to steal my thunder, you elitist snob!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 am

Nothing wrong with being an elitist. Unless you're also a douche. Haha.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 am

Eyesore wrote:

Does that mean you use imported vinegar and bottled water surprised

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Does that mean you use imported vinegar and bottled water surprised

The vinegar is made from the Geoff Tate's Insania wine.........
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 am

I'll take an elitist over a music snob every time. To me an elitist only cares about their own preferences and isn't shy about voicing those. To me that's perfectly cool. A music snob seems to only care about what others are interested in and telling them how "wrong" they are to like what they like. And the worst of the worst are the music snobs who are also genre snobs.

I'm telling you though, Mr. Tate is missing the boat with Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 pm

jstate wrote:
I'll take an elitist over a music snob every time. To me an elitist only cares about their own preferences and isn't shy about voicing those. To me that's perfectly cool. A music snob seems to only care about what others are interested in and telling them how "wrong" they are to like what they like. And the worst of the worst are the music snobs who are also genre snobs.

I'm telling you though, Mr. Tate is missing the boat with Hollywood.

I have a friend who is like that and its so damn annoying. We listen to a lot of the same bands but theres also a lot that he doesn't like and those he just goes off. I try not to talk about music too much with him unless its something I know he likes too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Tate claims he doesn't sing "Queen Of The Ryche" anymore because it's not popular..........

Rock Show Critique: [QUEENSRŸCHE's] "Queen Of The Reich" has been one of your most popular tunes, yet over the past several years, you rarely played it live. Was that by choice or is it just a harder song to sing?

Geoff Tate: Actually, it's not very popular at all. It's funny, actually — a lot of people don't know about that song. A lot of people don't care about that song. It's an early song that was written and it shows. It's funny the reaction you get, because it's a lot of blank stares. In fact, it's the same stare you get when you play a new song that nobody's heard before. People just aren't that familiar with it

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182544
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 pm

^^^ Quit smoking crack, Geoff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Tate claims he doesn't sing "Queen Of The Ryche" anymore because it's not popular..........

Rock Show Critique: [QUEENSRŸCHE's] "Queen Of The Reich" has been one of your most popular tunes, yet over the past several years, you rarely played it live. Was that by choice or is it just a harder song to sing?

Geoff Tate: Actually, it's not very popular at all. It's funny, actually — a lot of people don't know about that song. A lot of people don't care about that song. It's an early song that was written and it shows. It's funny the reaction you get, because it's a lot of blank stares. In fact, it's the same stare you get when you play a new song that nobody's heard before. People just aren't that familiar with it

lol!

Dude is clearly way out of touch. That song should be a concert staple.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 pm

I am like this angry

At the end of the video for "Queen Of The Reich", it states to be continued....

Still wating fellows !

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 pm

He's clearly trying to manipulate the media in this case...anyone who knows about "Eyes Of A Stranger" knows about "Queen Of The Reich"...he's not delusional...he's being obstinate.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 1292-65

You look liie ya just got out on parole

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^^ Quit smoking crack, Geoff.

LOL!!!!!

Yep, looks at all the "blank stares" in this clip.....

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 pm

What are those tri-ryche things they're holding up front? I want one! I also want the tri-ryche guitar. Remember that one? The Hard Rock Cafe in Maui has one on their wall!

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Triryche

That thing is so cool. And it's like a battle ax. If I ever write an epic fantasy novel, this is what the dwarfs will wield. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

lol!

That's insane, Geoff. Fans who would still go to a QR don't know one of their defining songs? Undeniably out of touch.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

lol!

That's insane, Geoff. Fans who would still go to a QR don't know one of their defining songs? Undeniably out of touch.

the only songs they dont know anything about is the stuff from the last 4 albums.. Thats where the blank stares come in.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
What are those tri-ryche things they're holding up front? I want one! I also want the tri-ryche guitar. Remember that one? The Hard Rock Cafe in Maui has one on their wall!

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Triryche

That thing is so cool. And it's like a battle ax. If I ever write an epic fantasy novel, this is what the dwarfs will wield. Haha.

Can't see the pic.... but I remember it -cool looking guitar!

Those tri-ryche things are cool - I think they were fan made. A friend of mine was at that show and said it was amazing and blew away the show she saw a year prior with Tate.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He's clearly trying to manipulate the media in this case...anyone who knows about "Eyes Of A Stranger" knows about "Queen Of The Reich"...he's not delusional...he's being obstinate.

I knew folks in high school that loved Op:Mc and Empire and knew of nothing earlier.

I doubt the EP sold as well as the later stuff so I'm sure what Geoff said is true. Now diehards who would go see them nowadays and post on metal message boards surely know both ....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Saw this on another board:

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 The-di10
Back to top Go down
Lazlo Toth
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

OK. "Queen of the Reich" is the signature song of the band and people don't know it? I bet Tate's wrong...

Tate doesn't even know the name of his band?

Slightly off-topic question.... Did the song name come from the band name or vice versa?

Dudes he's nuts.

It would be like Bruce Dickinson saying no one wants to hear "Iron Maiden" anymore or that no one's heard it before..
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm sure what Geoff said is true.

Truth and Geoff seem to be quite the oxymoron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I doubt the EP sold as well as the later stuff so I'm sure what Geoff said is true. Now diehards who would go see them nowadays and post on metal message boards surely know both ....

True, they gained a large following with Empire that weren't necessarily the same folk that would be interested in heavier albums like The Warning and the EP.

Hell, I turned my Dad onto Queensryche with Empire, he loved that record. He also totally dug Mindcrime and Rage For Order, but he didn't like the first two releases, he thought it sounded like a band coming from a very different mindset than what they evolved into. He preferred the more progressive side of the group.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I knew folks in high school that loved Op:Mc and Empire and knew of nothing earlier.

Of course the EP didn't sell as well, but that doesn't mean the majority of the fans don't know those tunes. Tate is simply making excuses...

Because he can't sing the song anymore. So instead of admitting that, just saying, "Hey, I can't hit those notes anymore," he just says no one knows the song. Clearly that's not true. Just look at the crowd reaction to every live version of this song on YouTube.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

What does that have to do with anything ? It's subjective to an era, plain and simple.

Ask high school kids today and how many of them would know the tune ?

In your high school era, 1990 or so (give or take) Those two albums were current/fresh and saturated on loads of cable video programing.

The EP came out in my last year of high school and ALOT of people knew about it. (my school had over 2500 students) I cranked it very, very loud in my baja bug out in the parking lot.

Tate (IMHDO) is under the assumption that he is smarter than anybody he talks to and they "have" to believe what he says. He can say whatever he wants, the truth of the matter is found in what comes out of his mouth while singing. He can't sing like he used to and should just cop to it. Nothing wrong with that, there were not many who could sing like he did then either. It's about money plain and simple. If there was another reason for him to "grasp-at-straws" in retaining some attachment to the band name or continue with "finger pointing", walking away and not looking back would be what he'd of done.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 29 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next