Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Samples sound okay. Hard to really get a grasp on what's going on from such short clips. Gotta say, though, it doesn't really sound like Queensryche, old and recent.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Samples sound okay. Hard to really get a grasp on what's going on from such short clips. Gotta say, though, it doesn't really sound like Queensryche, old and recent.

i feel that way as well. I will need to listen to some complete songs before I decide.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

Since this is the thread that just won't die (yes, I know I have been keeping it alive), there's a new review up of a recent Alice Cooper show with Tate opening.......

http://alicecooper.com/latest/review/ageless-rocker-raises-dead-his-new-tour-43966

The seated theatre filled with Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, and even a good helping of today's generation, everyone was primed for some good, old fashioned shock rock from the seemingly ageless Cooper, even if only to distract them from the brutal winter storm that raged outside. However they'd have to wait until Geoff Tate finished his unbearable opening set of preening, joyless alternative rock. Emancipated from his former band Queensryche in a very ugly public split, Tate appears to be content playing his solo material, but the same couldn't be said for the audience, who were justifiably baffled by his lecherous songs, arrogant banter, and his hilarious Rob Lowe-in-St. Elmo's Fire saxophone playing (which, if anything, is proof that he both sucks and blows).

Once the miserable spectacle of Tate's set was over, Alice Cooper quickly brought some life to the building with a slick, professional performance that explored his more than 40-year career with a set divided into three distinct parts.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 am

Quote :
hilarious Rob Lowe-in-St. Elmo's Fire saxophone playing (which, if anything, is proof that he both sucks and blows).

Laughing very hard Give that reviewer a beer!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm

If Geoff Taint is trying to crack that adult contemporary market like Sting or Celine Dion, he needs to avoid the hard rock audience all together. Noones gonna tolerate that crapola at an Alice Cooper concert.

Maybe pepole going to a Michael Buble concert might be more open-minded to his brand of alternative rock or whatever it is he's going for.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
hilarious Rob Lowe-in-St. Elmo's Fire saxophone playing (which, if anything, is proof that he both sucks and blows).

Laughing very hard Give that reviewer a beer!

That is a classic line!!!!!!

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Img_0720
Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 51289110

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 pm

I don't have any issues with saxophones in general, I love the instrument...but lame-ass singers trying to improve their stage presence by playing banal student licks should be beaten over the head with it.

Unless you have devoted your life to the instrument...leave it to those who have.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
I don't have any issues with saxophones in general, I love the instrument...but lame-ass singers trying to improve their stage presence by playing banal student licks should be beaten over the head with it.

Unless you have devoted your life to the instrument...leave it to those who have.
Seriously?

I know it's cool to hate Geoff Tate these days, but he's been playing that saxophone on stage for ages, and to great effect on some songs, I might add. And he's been playing since he was a kid! I realize that you fancy yourself an elitist, but let's not be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

I am really getting tired of people calling me a f*cking elitist on this board, if you guys knew me in real life nothing could be farther from the truth.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
I am really getting tired of people calling me a f*cking elitist on this board, if you guys knew me in real life nothing could be farther from the truth.

I'm sure you're the bees knees in person, but we just have what you post to go on.

I'd bet there would be plenty of people who think I'm a dicklicker on this board, but those who know me IRL realize I'm actually quite sexy and approachable.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
Laughing very hard

Be proud, man. You're totally an elitist. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Don't make me get the hose, fellas. (whistles nonchalantly)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I'd bet there would be plenty of people who think I'm a dicklicker on this board,

That's probably one of the nicer things said about you. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 499945

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I'd bet there would be plenty of people who think I'm a dicklicker on this board,

That's probably one of the nicer things said about you. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 499945

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

What exactly is an "elitist" anyhow? I've been called that many times on different boards.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
What exactly is an "elitist" anyhow? I've been called that many times on different boards.

A know it all, a holder of all things true, a prophet, a poet, a candle stick maker, in other words S.D. !!!!! (JUST KIDDING!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Takes one to know one! Ha, yeah, I said it. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 19976

I appreciate all the opinions on this board and it actually makes it more interesting.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm just astounded this damn thread has reached 28 frickin' pages!

It's almost as bad as the Warrior Soul thread. "Night Of The Living Thread"

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm just astounded this damn thread has reached 28 frickin' pages!

It's almost as bad as the Warrior Soul thread. "Night Of The Living Thread"

It's my proudest accomplishment to date. I thought it might die but Geoff Tate's jackassery has kept my thread alive. Thanks Geoff!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Quote :
It's almost as bad as the Warrior Soul thread.

Yo, don'choo be hatin' on my Warrior So' thread now!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
It's almost as bad as the Warrior Soul thread.

Yo, don'choo be hatin' on my Warrior So' thread now!!

Well at least I left your Ramones thread out of it.

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Elitist (adjective) - (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.

derivation of Elitism:

the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elite — a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, higher intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Takes one to know one! Ha, yeah, I said it. Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 19976

I appreciate all the opinions on this board and it actually makes it more interesting.

Exactly!!!!!! SD's a cool dude and we all have different opinions so it's all cool!!!!

Now let's get back to the topic at hand - Geoff Tate's douche baggery!!!!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I admit I am an elitist, there, I feel better!!! Confession is good for the soul!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 28 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 41  Next