Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm

I'd like to re-title it "Nobody has cared about Queensryche for over 15 years...yet they can't shut up about them."

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'd like to re-title it "Nobody has cared about Queensryche for over 15 years...yet they can't shut up about them."

lol!
Hey, I've enjoyed everything they've done, to an extent, except for Amercian Soldier. And I even love one song on that one. So that title won't work. Laughing
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

S.D. wrote:

lol!

Yet you cared enough to come into the thread. Get a life you hippy butt dance Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
S.D. wrote:

lol!

Yet you cared enough to come into the thread. Get a life you hippy butt dance Razz

Laughing very hard

Honestly, the thread would die if Tate would quit being a dick and just move on with his life. But, Tate's shown he has an ego bigger than Axl Rose...... But at big of a freak as Axl is, at least he has some record sales to go with it. Tate's entire post-DeGarmo output doesn't even add up to the sales of Axl's failed Chinese Democracy.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 pm

I bet Geoff has nude pictures of himself on his smart phone

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Thread That Will Not Die

and the sad thing is Tate's ego is even bigger than this thread.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 am

Fans to Geoff Tate: YOU SUCK and so does your new solo album!

Kings & Thieves sells 1800 copies its first week.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182230&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fans to Geoff Tate: YOU SUCK and so does your new solo album!

Kings & Thieves sells 1800 copies its first week.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182230&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
lol!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am

I'm wondering. Can you disassociate this from Queensryche and enjoy it for what it is?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm wondering. Can you disassociate this from Queensryche and enjoy it for what it is?

Yes, I liked his first solo album and this one might not be so bad. I don't know the guy or even want to hang out with him, I just like his music.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I tired... when I listened to it (on youtube, I wasn't going to pay for something that sucks), I went in listening as it was a Geoff Tate solo album....... and I didn't like it. His first one (which is OK, not great) is so much better than K&T. It's DTC part two, nothing more nothing less. Which also tells me that DTC was pretty much a Geoff Tate solo album, with members of Queensryche playing on it.

I joke about the train wreck that Tate has become, but I did listen as if it was a Tate solo album and see if I could find any good songs (which I could on the post-DeGramo Queesnryche albums except for DTC), but it was just bad. A few good riffs here and there, but boring lyrics (and really bad - see Say U Love It) and even more boring vocal melodies.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Those zany Blabbermouth commenters......

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Capturedqw

lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Queesnsryche just posted a "trailer" for the new album - looks like they brought back James "Jimbo" Barton to produce:

They even get a dig at Tate's interviews at the end with "All song written and performed by Queensryche"

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 pm

I have not listened to the album yet but DTC was horrid!!!!!!! If it is anything like that....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm

manny wrote:
I have not listened to the album yet but DTC was horrid!!!!!!! If it is anything like that....

It's exactly like that......
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Queesnsryche just posted a "trailer" for the new album - looks like they brought back James "Jimbo" Barton to produce:

They even get a dig at Tate's interviews at the end with "All song written and performed by Queensryche"

According to Todd La Torre, the samples are just rough demos:

Todd La Torre For the record, these are rough demos you are hearing. The finished product will surely sound great:)
11 minutes ago · Unlike · 2

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Hmmm. Well, I haven't found anything I like on his new album but couldn't decide if it was expecting something else.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Tate's album actually got a decent review on sleazeroxx.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/geofftate/kingsthieves.shtml

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

According to Todd La Torre, the samples are just rough demos:

Todd La Torre For the record, these are rough demos you are hearing. The finished product will surely sound great:)
11 minutes ago · Unlike · 2

OOOOOOOH YEA! headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm

The samples actually sound really good! It's nice to hear Queensrÿche playing metal again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Samples sound okay. Hard to really get a grasp on what's going on from such short clips. Gotta say, though, it doesn't really sound like Queensryche, old and recent.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Samples sound okay. Hard to really get a grasp on what's going on from such short clips. Gotta say, though, it doesn't really sound like Queensryche, old and recent.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Maybe it will kind of sound like Crimson Glory a little bit.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 pm

It seems like the band is doing what it wants to do for now, but I won't buy it. That bird has flown for me. But it's good to reminisce with the early albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 pm

From those little clips,that sounds pretty good. I'd definitely get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 27 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next