Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 pm

If Tate's strongest argument is assigning platitudes to the last couple albums, if I were the other 4 I would make the judge listen to the last three albums in succession....

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
If Tate's strongest argument is assigning platitudes to the last couple albums, if I were the other 4 I would make the judge listen to the last three albums in succession....

Laughing very hard

Judge might find that the Tates caused her cruel and unusual punishment!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Hey if he wants those last couple of albums then let him have them. he can re-release them under his own name. its not like the real band played on them anyway so it seems.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 pm

He should use his cash to get hair plugs instead of payng lawyers on a lost cause.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Queensryche, Stryper and TNT on the same bill!!?? Who said Europe gets all the cool concerts?!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Queensryche with Todd La Torre played their first official show as Queensryche - clips are are starting to pop up on YouTube. Set List:

Queen of the Reich
Speak
Neue Regel
Walk in the Shadows
En Force
I Don't Believe in Love
Child of Fire
The Whisper
Warning
Spreading the Disease
The Needle Lies
Prophecy
Take Hold of the Flame
My Empty Room
Eyes of a Stranger
Empire
===
Wrathchild (Iron Maiden cover)
Jet City Woman
Roads to Madness

Queen Of The Ryche:

The Warning:

Take Hold Of The Flame:
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Prophecy? Nice!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm

He really does hit tones and notes that Tate either hasn't been able to or chose not to hit in a long long time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Great set, but it still needs some "NM 156"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:56 pm

yeaaaaaaaa i think they will do just fine headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 604261 very happy Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 25679 humble

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
yeaaaaaaaa i think they will do just fine headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 604261 very happy Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 25679 humble

he does sound good but the sound isnt good enough to really tell.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I dont care, they look like they are having fun again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:13 pm

They did seem to be "into it" a bit more than other clips I've seen.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Sounds great! I'd love to go see them now
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Agree - the energy the rest of the band has is 1000 times better than the performance at the M3 Festival. They sounded great, but you could tell something was missing..... or someone was causing problems (in between dry humping the camera man).

FYI - someone posted an audio boot of the entire show, both WAV and FLAC files (some bootleg trades care about the format), artwork for a CD case too:

http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2982.0;topicseen

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Got a direct link for those without accounts there?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:13 am

Okay, got that download...and Todd doesn't sound all that hot at times. Maybe he's still working out the songs or something, I don't know. At times, he's spot on. However, other times he sounds pretty bad. Cringe-worthy bad.

Might be wise if he stops trying to emulate Tate and just do his own thing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
Okay, got that download...and Todd doesn't sound all that hot at times. Maybe he's still working out the songs or something, I don't know. At times, he's spot on. However, other times he sounds pretty bad. Cringe-worthy bad.

Might be wise if he stops trying to emulate Tate and just do his own thing.

You can hear him struggling on those videos...2 years and he's toast if he keeps that up.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:21 am

I am glad they are having fun again and all, and personally I do not care about their issues with Geoff Tate, but Tate is a better vocalist and frontman then this guy is.

If they release a new studio album I will give it a chance and I suppose he is still working to incorporate his own style on those Queensryche classics
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 am

Todd looks like he's having a blast up there (well, hell, he is now fronting his all time favorite band, who wouldn't?) but vocally it sounds to me like he's trying too hard to sound like Tate.

I have a feeling that whenever this lineup releases a new album, it'll be a Ripper Owens/Judas Priest situation -- there'll be a slight bump in interest at first, then a whole lotta "Yeah, whatever."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:32 am

Stole this idea from somewhere else - someone posted links to both Geoff and Todd's performance of The Whisper. Interesting. The biggest thing I noticed is that with Geoff they seemed to be using background vocal tracks and with Todd they aren't:

Tateryche:
[youtube][/youtube]

Toddryche:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 am

Laughing very hard at the term "Toddryche"...that just looks funny.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Todd looks like he's having a blast up there (well, hell, he is now fronting his all time favorite band, who wouldn't?) but vocally it sounds to me like he's trying too hard to sound like Tate.

I have a feeling that whenever this lineup releases a new album, it'll be a Ripper Owens/Judas Priest situation -- there'll be a slight bump in interest at first, then a whole lotta "Yeah, whatever."

Well, in trying to keep true to the original melody lines anyone who tries to sing those songs will sound like they're trying to sound like Tate. I don't fault him for that. But you can really hear him strain several times to hit those notes. I feel for the guy...he's having a blast, no doubt. I would be too if I were in his shoes. But he needs to pace himself or he'll blow out way too soon.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am

I give the not to Todd on the Whisper song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
i like the colors but i am not sure about the logo.

A Tale of 2 Logos...

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Qr2

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 21 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next