Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The first thing they're gonna have to do is play next year's Rocklahoma and M3 Festivals with the new guy to make up for the crap-taculars both crowds witnessed this year. They can call it "The Apology Tour"

I would go back to M3 to see that!!! AT least I won't have to witness Geoff Tate dry humping the camera man again!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:43 pm

You're a mean one, Mr. Tate...♪
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
You're a mean one, Mr. Tate...♪

I'm waiting for a news report claiming that Tate punched a small child who asked him to autograph a Queensryche CD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 pm

manny wrote:

This is so much like the Roger Waters Vs Pink Floyd, Waters claimed that the band was creatively dead and that for all extent and purposes he was Pink Floyd, the difference is that Waters was not fired from the band but left the band on his own accord.

It actually kinda reminds me of the Ramones in their later years. From the mid 80s onward, Johnny Ramone was handling all their bookings/finances/etc. and by all accounts he ran that band with an iron fist, the rest of the guys all hated his guts but they grit their teeth and dealt with it till the band decided to split up.

Queensryche, on the other hand, finally put their collective foot down and told Tate & company "Oooookay, we've officially had enough of this sh*t."

One wonders why it took them so long, since apparently the band members have been treated like little more than hired players for the past decade or so, but I suppose they were putting up with it "for the sake of the Queensryche brand."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

manny wrote:
I am not surprised they had that set up since they seem like intelligent men, you would never know that from all the f**kery going on, but their music and lyrics reflect that.

I still do not buy they were bullied by Geoff Tate, they all went along with it, and probably would have continued to do so, if the offer of the movie deal (which doubt would have ever been made, he would stuck in development hell) had not soured already what seemed to be fractured relationships between bandmates.

All this crap aside, I do not see how Queensryche is going to make a major comeback without Tate, but Accept were able to do it, so let's see what happens

Again, this is their job. What would you do if you were bullied at work? Quit? Complain? You have a wife and kids, right? Bills to pay? Not so easy to put your livelihood in jeopardy.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
I am not surprised they had that set up since they seem like intelligent men, you would never know that from all the f**kery going on, but their music and lyrics reflect that.

I still do not buy they were bullied by Geoff Tate, they all went along with it, and probably would have continued to do so, if the offer of the movie deal (which doubt would have ever been made, he would stuck in development hell) had not soured already what seemed to be fractured relationships between bandmates.

All this crap aside, I do not see how Queensryche is going to make a major comeback without Tate, but Accept were able to do it, so let's see what happens

Again, this is their job. What would you do if you were bullied at work? Quit? Complain? You have a wife and kids, right? Bills to pay? Not so easy to put your livelihood in jeopardy.

I have to agree with you here! I've worked at a job for 15 years that I hate, but it pays the bills, feeds the family and carries the medical insurance.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

I have six kids and yea I would quit, and I have done it before, I won't put up with that kind of sh!t period
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 pm

chewie wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

I have to agree with you here! I've worked at a job for 15 years that I hate, but it pays the bills, feeds the family and carries the medical insurance.

I totally agree with this assertion as well, as you hear about this ALL the time in today's world. This is not something new, regarding people staying in jobs they hate, whatever the reason might be. People do this because they make good money at that job, they do this based on fear of having to relocate to a new city (when they do find that next job), they do this because their current job allows them a schedule that works for them (and their loved ones), or they simply do this because they hate the idea of change (no matter how awful the job might be). The reasons one might list could go on and on and on and on....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:06 am

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

I have six kids and yea I would quit, and I have done it before, I won't put up with that kind of sh!t period

Geoff should have quit. He doesn't like metal. He wanted to turn the band into something it wasn't. If he's so great, his voice will take him places again as a solo artist.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am

No one is going anywhere as a solo artist in today's music industry/economy and he knows it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am

I believe Queensryche will make a major comeback just from the interest generated by having a new singer in place and the hype of the "return" to their roots. I hope it works out well for them as I do for Geoff Tate,whatever he may end up doing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Geoff will do well in the Inside Out market, plus I bet Frontiers has already made Queensryche an offer as well...

They'll both be able to tour, but they need to avoid the Hair Metal rehash festivals and concentrate on European Metal fests, Prog Power USA audience, etc...IMO

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
No one is going anywhere as a solo artist in today's music industry/economy and he knows it.

It couldn't have been much worse than the direction he was steering QR and the major drop in sales.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 pm

the back and forth continues with Tate firing back at the last statements from the other band members. I won't clog the page with the whole thing, but here're the links. The second title cracks me up.

It seems that both links largely tell the same story and include many of the same quotes. Not sure why two Blabbermouth articles were necessary.

Quote :
GEOFF TATE Responds To Allegations Of Violence, Refusal To Perform Early Material - July 14, 2012
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176754

Quote :
GEOFF TATE 'Is The Only One Who Truly Cares About QUEENSRŸCHE And Its Fans' - July 14, 2012
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176758
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 pm

I read some of the new docs that Geoff filed - pretty weak stuff actually... ie. neighbors saying "we traveled with Queensryche and never saw Geoff get angry" and a someone that books a small club in one city saying he wouldn;t book Queensyrche without Tate type crap (yet, they already have 3 bookings at a higher rate than with Tate). Pretty weak case on Tate's end. He also contradicts what was in the earlier his earlier statements and now says he did try to hit Scott.....when earlier he said he didn't do any of it.

Tate also says again that he formed The Mob and he himself came up with the name, which anyone that know Queesnryche history knows that is BS and Tate didn't commit unit their was a record contract.

I'm not really buying what is coming out of team Tate. Plus, the contracts about the 3 Queensryche corporations are pretty damning - the other 3 could fire Tate if they want. He knows it and he is pulling one last ditch effort to get the Queensryche name.

At this point, he doesn't have the balls to admit that it's over and its time to move on. Queensryche will buy him out or work a deal that he get a percentage for a period of time. He's just wasting his money and Queensryche's money.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:45 am

The feuding between the two camps just gets crazier and crazier. There's a story on Blabbermouth (I don't have the link at the moment) where Mike Portnoy supposedly saw some of Geoff Tate's craziness go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:26 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 am

it's a ploy , yeah that's it......

coming soon "operation Drama" by Queensryche

new single available now on Itunes, "he said, she said"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:41 am

James B. wrote:
it's a ploy , yeah that's it......

coming soon "operation Drama" by Queensryche

new single available now on Itunes, "he said, she said"

lol!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:01 pm

lol!

This is getting to be a little tiring now. I hope they are working on music during all of this and we get to hear something soon.

What is funny in some of these statements is that these people swearing up and down this band wont get anywhere without Geoff. They go on to name bands like Warrant and other bands who changed their singers and are playing bars and clubs. Queensryche has had more success than any of those bands, they aren't one hit wonders. I even saw someone mention Van Halen. I think they ended up doing pretty well without Dave. Look at Helloween, they don't need Kiske, Gamma Ray doesn't need Sheepers, Iced Earth doesn't need Barlow, Journey doesn't need Perry etc, etc, etc. Queensryche will be just fine if not better. People that refuse to give anything a chance before they hear something or can't deal with change (especially over a band? Isnt there more important things?) is just a moron.

I also liked how they went on to say no one will book them without Geoff. So theres going to be a ban on booking Queensryche? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah ok. MORONS!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 pm

sorry my reply posted twice Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 499945

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:31 pm

I don't think QUEENSRYCHE had more success than Warrant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Warrant has sold 10 million albums worldwide, Queensryche has sold 20 million albums worldwide.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't think QUEENSRYCHE had more success than Warrant.

Are you drunk?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Just seemed like they got a lot more airplay back in the day and even now on those retro radio stations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 18 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next