Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:00 am

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I still have not heard Dedicated to Chaos. Nothing more than the single and samples. I'm worried I'll really dislike it.
It's bad, I listened it on a pre-release stream. It is REALLY bad, not even worthy of being called 'Queensryche'
yep. i listened to some songs and wouldnt listen to any more of it.
You guys know I'm pretty open-minded, but I didn't like American Soldier so I am in no hurry to hear this one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I still have not heard Dedicated to Chaos. Nothing more than the single and samples. I'm worried I'll really dislike it.
It's bad, I listened it on a pre-release stream. It is REALLY bad, not even worthy of being called 'Queensryche'
yep. i listened to some songs and wouldnt listen to any more of it.
You guys know I'm pretty open-minded, but I didn't like American Soldier so I am in no hurry to hear this one.

I really have to be impressed with new QR to buy anything more nowadays. I am still willing to give a listen but I didnt like anything i have heard from the last cd.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 pm

UH OH!

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=175707

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Whoa! Didn't see that one coming! Honestly, I thought Geoff would keep the name and the rest of the guys would move on without him in Rising West.

So does this mean Rising West is done and any new material written with Todd will be a new Queensryche album?

By the way, here's the gist of the story for anyone that's too lazy to click on the link...

Quote :
According to Billboard.com, Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE have officially parted ways with vocalist Geoff Tate and have replaced him with CRIMSON GLORY singer Todd La Torre.

"Over the past few months, there have been growing creative differences within QUEENSRŸCHE," drummer Scott Rockenfield said in a statement. "We want our fans to know that we hoped to find a common resolution, but in the end parting ways with Geoff was the best way for everyone to move forward in a positive direction. We wish him the best of luck with all of his future endeavors. We can't wait to bring QUEENSRŸCHE to our fans with Todd behind the microphone."

The statement also said that scheduled QUEENSRŸCHE performances "are on hold at [the] present time and revised routing is being worked on. Fans can check the band's website for all of the latest tour information as it [becomes] available."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Not exactly a shock. This has been coming to a head for the past few weeks. It was just a matter of who was gonna keep the Queensryche name, Tate or the other guys.

Right now the members of Crimson Glory must be kicking rocks and screaming "DAMMIT!" though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I would think Rising West is done and Queensryche is fronted by Todd. No sense not to use Queensryche. This will be interesting because people are always bothered when members change in bands and say its not the same etc. Well I think this one will be an exception. I think people will actually welcome this.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Not exactly a shock. This has been coming to a head for the past few weeks. It was just a matter of who was gonna keep the Queensryche name, Tate or the other guys.

Right now the members of Crimson Glory must be kicking rocks and screaming "DAMMIT!" though.

I doubt it. Look how long its taking them to actually put out an album. Who's to even say it will see the light of day now. I'm hoping it does though, but I really don't see this being a problem with Crimson Glory. Those guys do Crimson Glory as a hobby if anything.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Quote :
I would think Rising West is done and Queensryche is fronted by Todd.

"Rising West" was obviously not meant to be a real "side project." It was a tryout to see if LaTorre could front the band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Performing 2 shows in your hometown might not be indicative of how the rest of the country will accept the lineup. We'll see. I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:30 pm

I wonder what Mr. Tate is going to say about this. Is he going to announce Geoff Tate's Queensryche?
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Psychotron wrote:
I wonder what Mr. Tate is going to say about this. Is he going to announce Geoff Tate's Queensryche?

I don't think so. Thats not his style, although with the way he's been over the years who knows but I honestly think that would be below him to even do that. He would be much happier doing his own solo project. That way he gets to work on his own and when his albums flop he will have no one to blame but himself. Who knows though maybe he will come up with some good stuff but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 pm

No idea how to react on this. It is probably the end of Tate's career though. And it is definitely interesting whether current Queensryche are able to write a good song.
Still its sad to see one of the most important bands for me doing such.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I would think Rising West is done and Queensryche is fronted by Todd. No sense not to use Queensryche. This will be interesting because people are always bothered when members change in bands and say its not the same etc. Well I think this one will be an exception. I think people will actually welcome this.
I would agree. Considering most hardened Queensryche fans say everything after Empire--and even Empire--sucked, they've had a long time to just not care. So if anything I think those "lost" fans will be interested in this.

However, them doing an old-school album is an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing. Even in that recent interview with Todd, he talks about staying relevant and modern. So I highly doubt we'll be getting a Warning-like album from these guys, whatever name they choose.

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I would agree. Considering most hardened Queensryche say everything after Empire--and even Empire--sucked, they've had a long time to just not care. So if anything I think those "lost" fans will be interested in this.

However, them doing an old-school album is an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing. Even in that recent interview with Todd, he talks about staying relevant and modern. So I highly doubt we'll be getting a Warning-like album from these guys, whatever name they choose.

Yea I dont expect an old school album nor do I want one but I just want a good album or a few good songs at the least.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
No idea how to react on this. It is probably the end of Tate's career though. And it is definitely interesting whether current Queensryche are able to write a good song.
You know, I would bet that Geoff is doing quite well with all his little side things. If his wife is a good manager, he can make quite a living doing solo stuff and other things.

And hell, maybe someday some other band will tap Geoff as their new lead singer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm

This news will certainly make me interested in Queensryche again. A new metal album? Doubtful. But a decent hard rock album with some soaring vocals would be nice.

Losing a vocalist can be a tough adjustment for fans, especially one as distinct as Tate. But like Eyesore mentioned, it's been such a downward spiral of what fans have wanted/expected from Queensryche in the last 15 or 20 years, this might be a pleasant welcome. It might give them the shot in the arm they need to write a good rock album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:17 pm

What audience is Tate going after. Did anyone buy his last solo album?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Not like we didn't see that coming...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
What audience is Tate going after.

The wine and cheese crowd. Folks that are smarter and more refined than the average metal lunk-head.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Well I look forward to it. Not sure what to expect musically but it almost has to be better than what Queensryche has been putting out recently,right ?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

The wine and cheese crowd. Folks that are smarter and more refined than the average metal lunk-head.

He'd be more content in the laid back, Peter Gabriel vibe these days...and would probably do it well. I was one of the few who liked his solo album...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

He'd be more content in the laid back, Peter Gabriel vibe these days...and would probably do it well. I was one of the few who liked his solo album...
I agree. I'm not a big fan of his solo album. I think it has its moments, but it's not great. But yeah, Geoff, I think, would do much better on his own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

I think Tate is the most identifiable thing about Queensryche, but I suppose if a band like Journey can still record and tour to moderate success after their identifiable member left the band then anything is possible.

Personally it doesn't matter to me at all, the last Queensryche album I purchased was Promised Land in 1994. It would take a REALLY impressive album from these guys to get back on my radar after almost 20 years.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Personally it doesn't matter to me at all, the last Queensryche album I purchased was Promised Land in 1994. It would take a REALLY impressive album from these guys to get back on my radar after almost 20 years.

This lineup doesn't have a Promised Land in them...IMO.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Aside from the voice, does anyone know what this new guy Todd brings to the table? Has he written anything or shown that he can do other things than just sing?

I don't really know anything about him other than what I've seen here. Maybe he's got some song writing skills?

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 10 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next