Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Just seemed like they got a lot more airplay back in the day and even now on those retro radio stations.
That's definitely true. And while Queensryche surely have written some timeless hits, Warrant has an iconic hit in "Cherry Pie." Though they may not like that. I know Jani didn't. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 am

S.D. wrote:
Sleep

Yea, as much as I enjoy a good pissing match, this is starting to get pretty tiresome to me too. Wake me when the QR guys put out a new single that we can critique and over-analyze to death.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 am

Round one over, Queenryche can continue as Queensryche, Geoff Tate is Sh!t out of luck:

http://www.billboard.com/news/queensryche-may-continue-with-band-name-1007585552.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/queensryche-may-continue-with-band-name-1007585552.story?utm_source=most_recent

Qeensryche defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction on July 13 that would have kept it from touring and operating under the band name, AGPS Management senior manager Glen Parrish exclusively tells Billboard. The act is defending a complaint filed by former singer Geoff Tate in a Washington state court over whether he should be awarded the Queensryche name after being expelled from the group in June.

"We are excited that the Washington courts saw what we and the fans have always known, that Queensryche is more than any one member," Parrish said in a statement. "We are sorry we had to go to court to show this, but we are determined to bring back the quality product Queensryche was known for. We can't wait to unveil to the fans what [the band creates] next musically."

Q&A: Geoff Tate Discusses Queensryche Split

Parrish also confirms that Queensryche has signed with AGPS Management for representation. The band had previously been managed by Tate's wife, Susan.

Queensryche members Scott Rockenfield (drums), Michael Wilton (guitars) and Eddie Jackson (bass) are defendants in a lawsuit the Tates filed June 22 in King County Superior Court. The suit claims the three illegally fired Tate and are tarnishing the group's brand by attempting to continue without him.

Billboard published an interview with Tate on July 6 where he discussed his side of the story. We will follow up shortly with a feature about the defendants' version of the events that led to Tate's departure, as well as the breakneck speed that legal documents from the case keep appearing online.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:26 am

That's most likely the way the whole thing will go...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep - Tate's only chance was to get a crappy judge that doesn't understand business law. If Tate is thinking at all beyond his ego, he would start to negotiate a settlement ASAP. He is most likely to get less than he could with a settlement with the band. Not to mention the court costs and lawyer fees will bleed him dry.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep - Tate's only chance was to get a crappy judge that doesn't understand business law. If Tate is thinking at all beyond his ego, he would start to negotiate a settlement ASAP. He is most likely to get less than he could with a settlement with the band. Not to mention the court costs and lawyer fees will bleed him dry.

It would suck though, to know that the band's signature (Operation: Mindcrime) was your idea/concept and then know they'd be going out and playing it without you...I can understand to a degree why he felt that, at least conceptually, Queensryche (post-DeGarmo) was "his"...but it's just not realistic. He can think anything he wants...doesn't make it true.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It would suck though, to know that the band's signature (Operation: Mindcrime) was your idea/concept and then know they'd be going out and playing it without you...I can understand to a degree why he felt that, at least conceptually, Queensryche (post-DeGarmo) was "his"...but it's just not realistic. He can think anything he wants...doesn't make it true.

i can empathize but in the end its a business and if the band owns the name and Geoff doesnt - its his tough luck.

Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:09 pm

This guy is morphing into metals very own Liberace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Big Rich wrote:

Paul Stanley already beat him to that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

Paul Stanley already beat him to that. Very Happy

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Nah, Paul is one of the best frontman in rock history..

This cornhole is just a blip on the radar. His pinky tipping, wine tasting ming the merciless transformation is really weird. I can't believe I used to like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Big Rich wrote:

This cornhole is just a blip on the radar. His pinky tipping, wine tasting ming the merciless transformation is really weird. I can't believe I used to like him.

He has always been odd.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Nah, Paul is one of the best frontman in rock history..

Not weird at all, and he's surely not the first musician to do that.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

He has always been odd.

uncle saxon has always been odd, but he never turned into ming the mericiless. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

He has always been odd.

That video even scares TheKing!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

Big Rich wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

He has always been odd.

uncle saxon has always been odd, but he never turned into ming the mericiless. lol!

That video really turned me against Queensryche and I avoided buying Rage For Order for the longest time because of it until a few people assured me that the song was an exception,not the rule on the album.

Just a weird song/video all around.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:48 am

'Rage for Order' is so good it can be remastered with a second version of that song as a bonus track and still be a 5 star album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:04 pm

007 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

He has always been odd.

That video really turned me against Queensryche and I avoided buying Rage For Order for the longest time because of it until a few people assured me that the song was an exception,not the rule on the album.

Just a weird song/video all around.

I wasn;t going to buy Rage For Order because of the song/video either! I remember seeing it on MTV And think WTF was that?????? Fortunately one of the employees at one of the local record stores I shopped at told me the rest of the album was great. He hadn't steered me wrong yet on music.... in fact he told me to avoid Savatage's Fight For The Rock. Since I didn't listen to him on that one, I decided to trust him on Rage For Order. And I was glad I did!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:33 pm

I am one of the few that actually like that song. It's got a really cool, creepy vibe to it. I have no idea what they were thinking fashion-wise, but it was the 80s so do whatever the hell you want.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:41 pm

I love "Gonna Get Close To You." It was hard to take at first, but it's really a cool-cool tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't mind the song, I just think the video is laughable. Especially Tate's "Joan Crawford" hairdo. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Queensryche's early look was one of the most ridiculous in metal history.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Queensryche's early look was one of the most ridiculous in metal history.

yep. They were really goofy...

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 pm

The song is a cover and the clip is sort of homage to the original video, up to the over-the-top hairdo.

Awesome creepy song, both the original and the QR cover!

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah, I dig the original as well. I checked it out a few years ago and was surprised at how good it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 19 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next