Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TED NUGENT

Go down 
+27
Addy
akeldama
Schbopo
skullsmasher
manny
powermacho
XYZ
assault_attack
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
White_Mage
Troublezone
bgast1
DallasBlack
criss3o
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Wargod
journeyman
krokus
Thrasher73
spiritoradio
candlemass
ultmetal
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

TED NUGENT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 am

detuned wrote:
That's pretty much all the Ted I feel that I need (or can handle). When I think about Ted what usually comes to mind is the Zappa album "Shut Up & Play Yer Guitar". just kidding

I know what you were saying here, but on a different note, it would be cool to hear in an instrumental album by Ted.

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:
That's pretty much all the Ted I feel that I need (or can handle). When I think about Ted what usually comes to mind is the Zappa album "Shut Up & Play Yer Guitar". just kidding

I know what you were saying here, but on a different note, it would be cool to hear in an instrumental album by Ted.

Definitely! I think you can hear elements of his style in tracks like Hibernation that he pretty much abandoned later on in favor of his "shtick". There's no denying his guitar playing talent, it's only his taste that frequently comes into question.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Finally got a copy of his "Great Gonzos!: The Best of." Pretty good stuff. Can't believe it took me soooooo long to get a Nugent album.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Love the music, hate the politics. Fav album: Cat scratch 🤘
Least fav: Free for all growl
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Free For All is one of favorites, guess everyone likes something different.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Free for All is a great album !!!, Worst Ted Nugent album has to be either " Intensities in Ten Cities" or " Penetrator"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Shhh...don't tell anyone but I happen to like "Penetrator". Although it sounds like Ted Nugent playing on a Foreigner album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:16 am

He's ok, I was a big fan of his when I was a kid though, I don't know why I don't like him now though scratch
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
Shhh...don't tell anyone but I happen to like "Penetrator". Although it sounds like Ted Nugent playing on a Foreigner album.

That's just it, it seemed to lack gonads. Not what people expect from the Nuge.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:43 am

spectrefate wrote:

There are some good tracks on this album, but keyboards that dominate songs like the singal "Tied Up in Love" just are so un-Nugent like. Plus Brian Howe didnot fit in as Ted Nugent's vocalist, not a bad singer by any stretch but he is no Derek St. Holmes or Charlie Huhn.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Ted Nugent sent VP hopeful Sarah Palin his newest book on to fix a America you can check it out on link below:

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/NEWS.htm

He makes Yngwie look down right humble.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:55 pm

manny wrote:
Ted Nugent sent VP hopeful Sarah Palin his newest book on to fix a America you can check it out on link below:

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/NEWS.htm

He makes Yngwie look down right humble.

This is what irritates me about the Nuge. I wish he would just "shut up and play his guitar"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:24 pm

akeldama wrote:
He's ok, I was a big fan of his when I was a kid though, I don't know why I don't like him now though scratch

You're not 12 anymore? That was about the time I was listening to Nuge.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Is it true that in 2009 Nugent will begin working on what will be his final album so he can focus on politics after its release? I heard Derek St. Holmes was gonna be on board too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:31 am

akeldama wrote:
Is it true that in 2009 Nugent will begin working on what will be his final album so he can focus on politics after its release? I heard Derek St. Holmes was gonna be on board too.

So I've read. I think he wants to run for Governor in 2010.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 am

Cat Scratch Fever is classic I love that song
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
akeldama wrote:

So I've read. I think he wants to run for Governor in 2010.

That'd be interesting. To bad it's not here in Colorado, he'd get my vote. Cool
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:19 pm

There's an interview with the Nuge about running for office at:http://fearless.msn.com
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Eagle Rock Entertainment will reissue Ted Nugent's catalogue including the albums Nugent, Penetrator, Little Miss Dangerous, If You Can’t Lick ‘Em…Lick ‘Em, Spirit of the Wild, and Full Bluntal Nugity on February 3rd .

Beginning the New Year with such a lavish catalogue is not out of the ordinary for the Motor City Madman: 35 million albums sold and 6000 shows later, Nugent is still showing no signs of slowing down. He’s kept busy throughout 2008, with the release of his Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto book, Eagle Rock’s release of Sweden Rocks (May/June 2008), a livewire riot captured on CD/DVD from the Sweden Rocks Festival in 2006, and of course, the release of his latest studio album Love Grenade (Eagle) in September of 2007.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm

manny wrote:
Eagle Rock Entertainment will reissue Ted Nugent's catalogue including the albums Nugent, Penetrator, Little Miss Dangerous, If You Can’t Lick ‘Em…Lick ‘Em, Spirit of the Wild, and Full Bluntal Nugity on February 3rd .

Beginning the New Year with such a lavish catalogue is not out of the ordinary for the Motor City Madman: 35 million albums sold and 6000 shows later, Nugent is still showing no signs of slowing down. He’s kept busy throughout 2008, with the release of his Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto book, Eagle Rock’s release of Sweden Rocks (May/June 2008), a livewire riot captured on CD/DVD from the Sweden Rocks Festival in 2006, and of course, the release of his latest studio album Love Grenade (Eagle) in September of 2007.

Yes! Reissues of albums that have already been reissued! I love progress!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 pm

When are they going to reissue 'State of Shock' ?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:06 pm

gotta love the outspoken nuge. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
manny wrote:

Yes! Reissues of albums that have already been reissued! I love progress!

Spirit of the Wild and Full Bluntal Nugity have not been re-issued yet. Full Bluntal is not even that old yet.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:50 pm

The Nuge rules! TED NUGENT - Page 4 604261 I saw him open for KISS a few years back and he blew them off the stage! TED NUGENT - Page 4 505193 happy
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:01 am

The man is a FANATIC!

Love his stuff, mostly early stuff like the debut and the few afterward. I think Cat Scratch Fever is one of the most overplayed sing-along songs in his discography.

Got to shake his hand and get a photo with him, he's easily over 6 feet tall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TED NUGENT   TED NUGENT - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TED NUGENT
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next