Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
ultmetal
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Empty
PostSubject: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 am

Flying out to LaCross WI to see Ted Nugent this weekend. A friend hooked me up with tickets and backstage passes. Looking forward to meeting Ted and Mick Brown this weekend.

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 am

Isn't Ted tired of meeting you yet? lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:49 am

Sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:47 am

spectrefate wrote:

You'd think, huh! Third time meeting him in my life.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

3rd time, huh? Do you have anything left for him to sign? What do you have to talk to him about at this point? Don't get me wrong, it's your business, but after you meet him once or twice (or any celebrity/musician for that matter), what's left?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:13 pm

They talk hunting, duh.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:16 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
They talk hunting, duh.

Ahhhhh, of course!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 pm

And Ult always tries to get Ted to write Cat Scratch Fever across his chest. It's quite embarassing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Just keep Nugget-head on that side of the cheddar curtain. Make the 2 hour drive up to the cities and hang out with someone cool!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Just keep Nugget-head on that side of the cheddar curtain. Make the 2 hour drive up to the cities and hang out with someone cool!

Am I that close to you?

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Yup - and it is a gorgeous drive. All the way along the St Croix river.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:43 pm

I will actually be going to:
Aug 15 Beaver Dam, WI Dodge County Fair

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Do you think your arms will get tired?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:55 am

Man, what a relaxing, awesome weekend. I spent most of Thursday and Sunday on planes and in airports, but even that wasn't so bad. I enjoyed the time alone to just read and listen to my ipod.

Ted was great to meet again. When we arrived they treated us like we were part of the band. Gave us all access passes and we were allowed to go wherever we wanted. We hung out in the band's dressing room and shot the breeze, talked music, sports, travel, politics, etc. Ted was a bit busy but took the time to sit and sign all our crap before the show. He even handed me some guitar picks, some stage used strings, an autographed drum head from the whole band, a set list for the evening and a bunch of other little collectibles. For the show we were allowed anywhere. We could watch from the stage, or the photo pit/security area. It was a blast. Ted put on a great show playing a lot of old and new material. He played for nearly two hours. Bassist Greg Smith (ex-Rainbow, Dokken) and "Wild" Mick Brown were as nice as could be. They actually hung out with us and shot the breeze, goofed around and took photos.

After the show Ted's son, who was also very cool, told us to go over to the table and get a free tour shirt while Ted and the band showered and got changed. He said they were going to stick around for a couple hours until the traffic cleared out. Within 15 minutes, Greg Smith and Mick Brown were out front with us chatting again. Ted was in his trailer talking to some of his hunting buddies from the area. After 'bout half an hour we were invited to go into the trailer, which we did. We were fed some awesome gumbo and just sat there and ate food and talked with Ted for about 45 minutes. In person he comes off as far more calm and collected than his stage persona. It was quite the experience for me, getting to just hang out with a musician whose music I have loved for since I was in grade school, even if I don't agree with all his political views.

The rest of the weekend was spent at my friends farmhouse. He is a rock and roll collector. His collection blows mine out of the water. He owns guitars signed by Aerosmith, vintage posters by bands that are signed, vintage Nugent costumes, tour cases, thousands of rare albums ,and bootlegs, drumsticks, etc. etc. etc. Insane collection. It was like Disneyland for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Did you play any Cornhole wile out there?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:31 pm

...and my arms were tired.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Quote :

Quote :

I think that answers your question, Kurt. lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:07 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

I think that answers your question, Kurt. lol!

sick sign

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 am

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI L_af7db940bccee624ea314d68ceb4c5aa

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI L_e9baf9120b2e3ac6be5f89f8c423f310

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI L_41056bd6cc1da4787ce14021eea9a43e

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI L_fe6f91557b74025b5e39c4e7f39a7477
Ted getting a kick out of all the old Amboy Dukes albums we brought for him to sign. Here he is holding a Japanese copy of the first Amboy Dukes album from the mid 60's.

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI L_3c1383adbdc9edbc4865e39ce6b52474
My good friend Morgan Nederhiser (at left), Ted Nugent and myself backstage in Beaver Dam, WI.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

3rd time, huh? Do you have anything left for him to sign? What do you have to talk to him about at this point? Don't get me wrong, it's your business, but after you meet him once or twice (or any celebrity/musician for that matter), what's left?

Actually, the first time I met him was at a book signing and I didn't really speak to him. He talked with my son for a few minutes. Handed him a guitar pick and told him to stay away from poisoning his body with drugs and alcohol.

The second time I met him was backstage at his show in Albuquerque in 2007. We all spent about 10 minutes in the same room with him. Again, he signed all my crap, but I didn't really get to speak much to him. There were too many people in the room and Ted was being rushed around by his tour manager. He stopped for a second to take a picture with us, which was cool.

This time was completely different. I spent quite a bit of time with him. We talked about music, politics, drinking & driving, Ace Frehley, the Amboy Dukes, and on and on. It was very cool actually.

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:59 am

Did he remember you at all, ult?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am

spectrefate wrote:
Did he remember you at all, ult?

No. I don't think so. He might now though, since I spent the entire day with him. He was calling me by my first name all night long. Like I said, those first two times were so quick, and he meets so many people everyday, I didn't expect him to remember me.

I'd met Mick Brown one other time as well. I had won backstage passes to Poison/Cinderella/Dokken/Slaughter some years ago. Mick remembered the venue, but didn't really remember meeting me in particular. Still, he was cool then and this past weekend. A funny guy actually.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 am

How tall is Ted? He looks like a pretty big dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The strange thing is, is Ted is only 5'5". There's another dynamic going on in this picture.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:36 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The strange thing is, is Ted is only 5'5". There's another dynamic going on in this picture.

I was trying to take the high road here and not make any "vertically challenged" jokes at Ult's expense. Thanks for taking that shot for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI   Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying out to see Ted Nugent in WI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next