Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Ted Nugent album

Go down 
+10
brokentulsa
Glower
EvyMetal
jerseyultifan+
James B.
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Best Ted Nugent album Empty
PostSubject: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm liking the (Free For All) album best these days. Cat Scratch and the debut are also great.

"Hammerdown" sounds a lot like Danzig's Am i Demon song imo.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Best studio album? Cat Scratch Fever
Best album overall? Double Live Gonzo
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Fav Nugent album is the debut album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Not counting Amboy Dukes or Damn Yankees albums:

Studio
1. Ted Nugent
2. Free-for-All
3. Scream Dream
4. Cat Scratch Fever
5. State of Shock
6. Weekend Warriors
7. Nugent
8. If You Can't Lick 'Em...
9. Craveman
10. Love Grenade
11. Spirit of the Wild
12. Penetrator

Live
1. Double Live Gonzo
2. Full Bluntal Nugity
3. Live At Hammersmith '79
4. Motor City Mayhem
5. Intensities in Ten Cities
6. Sweden Rocks

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 pm

ULT, I am surprised that Ted Nugent 'State of Shock' didnot make your list, I always felt that I was his most underrated disc.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:03 pm

They have a 3-n-1 album package at wal-mart for $9. It has Free For All, Scream Dream and Weekend Warriors. I don't like the vocals on Scream Dream that much and Weekend Warriors has a weak production. Free-For-All rules. I like the thick sound and the songs are great. It's weird that meatloaf was the singer though... Best Ted Nugent album Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:33 pm

manny wrote:
ULT, I am surprised that Ted Nugent 'State of Shock' didnot make your list, I always felt that I was his most underrated disc.

#5. I accidentally put in Paralyzed, which of course is the lead song on State of Shock. I edited it and fixed it. Thanks.

I love all Nugent. I think his last two studio albums have been fantastic. Craveman and Love Grenade are VERY underrated IMO.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:41 pm

I heard some Craveman and it is pretty good. Haven't had the chance to hear Love Grenade.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:33 pm

For me I like'em all...But Ted Nugent is my #1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:51 pm

The S/T is an "animal"

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm

1. Debut
2. Tooth, Fang & Claw (Amboy Dukes)
3. Double Live Gonzo
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 pm

1. Ted Nugent
2. Cat Scratch Fever
3. Double Live Gonzo
4. State of Shock
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:49 am

Cat Scratch Fever and Double Live..man,i could play the heck out of those albums as a teen! Nuge always was one of my favorites; even more now as the hunter and the conversative views! he still scores points.lucky ult,who has met him many times! i am ultimatum green with envy! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Double Live Gonzo for me. I'm a big fan of live albums though, more than studios.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 am

I bought Double Live Gonzo - on CD recently.
The album was huge for me, as a 12 year old kid ( before KISS took hold of me ).
I bought the CD's basically for the song " Hibernation ".
Yes, Peter Frampton has that one concert song " Do You Feel Like I do "
But this ...interaction...with the crowd...
"Do you see this here guitar - it refuses to play sweet shit " ( ArrrRRRRRmmmMMMM feedback )

So - I'm driving along - and it hits me -
this song sounded almost like an Allman Brothers type jam !

Last edited by Glower on Fri May 03, 2019 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 3:43 am

Debut
Double live Gonzo
Best Album Cover .....state of shock
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 11:05 pm

The best answer? Eliminate them ALL from history and erase his existence entirely. Or the first Damn Yankees album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 2:28 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
The best answer?  Eliminate them ALL from history and erase his existence entirely.  Or the first Damn Yankees album.

Communist China agrees! And they want the band Saxon to disappear too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 5:21 am

Not familiar with this band at all. I only own his concert in Sweden on cd. Never bothered checking anything else. Should i?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 6:40 am

I've only ever heard Penetrator the whole way through (used to own it on cassette) and after that , really only know the few songs played on the radio.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 11:07 am

Gilbert wrote:
Not familiar with this band at all. I only own his concert in Sweden on cd. Never bothered checking anything else. Should i?

If you can look past his politics and general douchebaggery, this 5 cd set is rather inexpensive and would give you pretty much all the early Ted you'd need...

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Album-Classics-5cd-Slipcase-Nugent/dp/B0018BF1HM/ref=sr_1_12?crid=36POG97YR7US3&keywords=ted+nugent+cds&qid=1556809353&s=music&sprefix=ted+nugent%2Cpopular%2C128&sr=1-12

I picked it up a few years ago myself and found it quite enjoyable. After that, his stuff into the 80's is spotty. By the late 90's, he went back to his old style, but cranked up the rhetoric. Listen at you own risk.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 11:33 am

Let me check it out. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The best answer?  Eliminate them ALL from history and erase his existence entirely.  Or the first Damn Yankees album.

No they don't, silly.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:

No they don't, silly.

Just be careful Sax. I don’t want Uncle Ted to use you as a stage prop during his bow and arrow bit.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:45 am

Troublezone wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No they don't, silly.

Just be careful Sax. I don’t want Uncle Ted to use you as a stage prop during his bow and arrow bit.

That would be one HELLUVA way for your fav uncle to go out!!!! \'arry \'eadbanger I'd pay to some how see that!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Ted Nugent album   Best Ted Nugent album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Ted Nugent album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next