Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal

Go down 
+64
stpatrik
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
candlemass
Witchfinder
fightingokra
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Runicen
Glower
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Short-Fuse
metalhead777
Sutekh
Boris2008
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
80s Metal Lady
EvyMetal
Clint-metalcdratings
Hamer12
MetalRob331
tohostudios
truerock
exact33
Psychotron
mlotek
Andy
martinsane
Wurthless
7thSaviour
firestarter
kmorg
Olafsto
arachnoplasma
Fat Freddy
Louder
stormspell
Gryphon-kl
Nico
NYCAnt
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Coram Deo
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Required Fields
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
EmoElmo
Citanul
BearOnUnicycle
Joe
Vexer6
Wargod
mc666
ultmetal
Addy
Eyesore
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 2:26 am

Yeah, Oceans of Slumber is pretty amazing now, with Cammie on vocals. I dig their Aetherial album, with the male lead singer, but Winter blows it away.

And I'm really looking forward to the Trees of Eternity album. Shame the singer died. =(
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 8:32 am

Arch Enemy w/Angela, 'bout it for me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 11:38 am

Looking forward to this album.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 1:14 pm

I am all about  Glam metal and this has been in my cd player for awhile..

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:14 am

Sick!

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:01 am

Cairiss are my favourite new band of any genre and any gender. But seeing as how the singers a bird and you lot won't like it anyway, I'll post this here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
Sick!

Nope. 17 seconds is all I lasted.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:57 am

How about these gals...

Jenner. 4 thrashin' ladies from Serbia. Got a new album out...

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Jennertoliveistosuffercover

01. Factory Of Death
02. Hear The Thunder Roar
03. Demon's Call
04. The Heath Is Coming Again
05. On The Judgement Day
06. How Deep Is Your Greed
07. Silent Killer
08. Opened (On The Table)

JENNER is:

Anđelina Mitić (vocals)
Aleksandra Stamenković (guitar)
Mina Petrović (bass)
Marija Dragićević (drums)

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Jennerband2017_638

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Cairiss are my favourite new band of any genre and any gender. But seeing as how the singers a bird and you lot won't like it anyway, I'll post this here. Very Happy

don't discount yourself too quickly, this was awesome. i really dig the atmosphere of that track. where do you stumble upon these bands all the time?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

don't discount yourself too quickly, this was awesome. i really dig the atmosphere of that track. where do you stumble upon these bands all the time?

A recommendation from a friend then checked out their EP on Bandcamp. If you dig this then the rest of the EP is equally brilliant! They are from Southampton (South coast of England). What I love about it is that there are a lot of bands doing the folk/post rock/black metal thing and it kind of comes out as a mediocre mush, neither here nor there but with these guys it's all very distinct, the folky sections are beautiful, the post post rock bits vast and the black metal cuts through like an icy blast through the beauty and it all blends together perfectly.

https://cairiss.bandcamp.com/

Three songs is all you get for now but I'm really looking forward to an album.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:16 pm

I went and checked out their EP on spotify. Really digging their sound, and you're right, the diverse genre influences are all melded together so well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 6:16 pm

These guys are friends of mine.  Might not be your thing, but the live show was tits.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
These guys are friends of mine.  Might not be your thing, but the live show was tits.

I like the name, will check them out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 12:53 am

YouTube is turning up some gems tonight with their recommended videos.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Her voice makes it sound pretty poppy but I dig it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:56 pm

This is the female fronted death metal band Abattoir.

One would presume by the look of the band, they'd be comparable to Evanescence or Lacuna Coil stylistically, when they're actually a band heavily influenced by old school death metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 11:44 pm

I don't believe these guys are still together, but since I just got their second album today, I figured I'd post about them.

Excellent band! Kind of the like an alt-rock version of latter-period The Gathering.

And here's another recent discovery...

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 10:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't believe these guys are still together, but since I just got their second album today, I figured I'd post about them.

Excellent band! Kind of the like an alt-rock version of latter-period The Gathering.

These guys were from Philly and I sorta-kinda remember them getting some push back in the day. Didn't care for it much then or now. Too much keyboard for my taste.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

These guys were from Philly and I sorta-kinda remember them getting some push back in the day. Didn't care for it much then or now. Too much keyboard for my taste.

Yeah, they were a blip on the radar for a second. They were too alt-rock for the metal crowd, I think, which is who they were marketed to.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 6:08 am

Dunno if these has already been mentioned, I searched but was met with no hit. Japanese all-female. You're probably gonna dig this.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 12:34 pm

stpatrik wrote:
Dunno if these has already been mentioned, I searched but was met with no hit. Japanese all-female. You're probably gonna dig this.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Japanese girly pop metal around here but it's become a bit of a thing with me recently because they are great bands and a hell of a lot easier on the eye than Barney from Napalm Death! lol!

I haven't heard these guys before but they seem decent and it was only a matter of time before one of the bands tried to sing in English to go after the international market. I really dig Aldious, Marys Blood, Bridear, Band Maid (as cheesy as the image is the music's great!) and The Uncrowned.

But the absolute pick of the bunch is the brilliant Unlucky Morpheus who I absolutely love!

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 1:35 pm

damn that Unlucky Morpheus song was tight. should I start with the album that track is from?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Wurthless wrote:
damn that Unlucky Morpheus song was tight. should I start with the album that track is from?

Yeah that would be a good start, Vampir is a great record, then I'd try Affected but it's all great. On the first couple of albums the singer was a bit screechy but her voice filled out really well after that.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 5:07 pm

muchos gracias
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female-Fronted Rock/Metal   Female-Fronted Rock/Metal - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female-Fronted Rock/Metal
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next