Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst KISS

Go down 
+26
Shini
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
skullsmasher
MoonChild
Required Fields
nevermore
TheGooch
thejokeriv
Schbopo
akeldama
manny
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
KissinMaiden
kmorg
777Stryken777
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which do you think is the worst Kiss album?
Music from The Elder
Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Crazy Nights
Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Hot in the Shade
Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_lcap43%Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 16 ]
Carnival of Souls
Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Psycho Circus
Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Worst KISS - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Worst KISS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am

I do not think that album cover is all that bad, and even if it was the worst album cover in the history of album art, I do not care, I am just happy to get a new studio recordings from KISS.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:40 am

manny wrote:
I do not think that album cover is all that bad, and even if it was the worst album cover in the history of album art, I do not care, I am just happy to get a new studio recordings from KISS.

Agree - the cover of sonic boom isn't the worst ever. The title fits KISS and I will be a first day buyer!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:53 am

manny wrote:

Ditto. You don't listen to the album cover.

I'll admit that I've harshed on KISS pretty bad over the past few years for their decision to slap Ace and Peter's makeup on Tommy and Eric and endlessly touring as a nostalgia act, but I gotta say, the fact that they're finally releasing some new music with this lineup sorta legitimizes them in my eyes. Without any new tunes they've basically been their own tribute band for the past seven or eight years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 pm

I can't vote because the Kiss album I hate the most is Unmasked. The ones that are listed I actually like... a lot.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I can't vote because the Kiss album I hate the most is Unmasked. The ones that are listed I actually like... a lot.

Yea, UNMASKED should've been one of the choices cuz that one dwells near the bottom of the KISS pile in my book too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Im surprised Psycho Circus is even on the list. Its a great!

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Actually, I was just purusing through my Kiss stuff recently because I havent listened to some of these albums in awhile, and ASYLUM shouldve made this list too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 pm

The reason it's on the list can be summed up in five words: "I Finally Found My Way." sick

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The reason it's on the list can be summed up in five words: "I Finally Found My Way." sick

Oh come on... because of one song the album is up there? lol!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:34 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Actually, I was just purusing through my Kiss stuff recently because I havent listened to some of these albums in awhile, and ASYLUM shouldve made this list too.

Very true...kick out Elder and replace it with Asylum.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Oh come on... because of one song the album is up there? lol!

Well, maybe not just because of THAT song but it's the worst offender. If I may quote myself from earlier in this thread...

Fat Freddy wrote:
Psycho Circus isn't KISS' worst album but it was still a disappointment to me. There are four tracks I really like (title track, "You Wanted The Best," "Within," "Into The Void") and the rest is just filler, filler, filler. Peter's ballad "I Finally Found My Way" is just embarrassing.

I now realize that I should've mentioned "I Pledge Allegiance To The State of Rock N Roll" as a fifth good song, but I stand by the rest of my earlier statement. Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:26 pm

'Unmasked' was not KISS's finest hour but I like alot of the songs on that disc such as "Is That You?' and........ ok maybe it is not so great after all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:57 pm

manny wrote:
'Unmasked' was not KISS's finest hour but I like alot of the songs on that disc such as "Is That You?' and........ ok maybe it is not so great after all.

Ace's "Talk To Me" is an OK track from UNMASKED... I actually saw him play that one live at one of his solo gigs once. It was pretty funny cuz I think I was the only person in the room who knew the song, when he busted into it the majority of the audience was like "???"

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Ace's "Talk To Me" is an OK track from UNMASKED... I actually saw him play that one live at one of his solo gigs once. It was pretty funny cuz I think I was the only person in the room who knew the song, when he busted into it the majority of the audience was like "???"

Yes thank you 'Talk to Me' is another good tune off that CD, not a great CD but its entertaining unlike 'Hot in the Shade' which is horrid.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Of those 5 albums listed, the only 2 I own are Carnival of Souls (which I like) and Psycho Circus (which I put in the "meh" catagory). So while I wouldn't say it's the worst ever, I will say I don't like it much, aside from a few songs.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 pm

i like Unmasked, (remind me typical old early 80s disco nights) a lot and CoS too, cos its heavy and dark/doomy. Psych Circus is bad but not so bad as HitS.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 pm

I went with Crazy Nights. Ron Nevison's production made this album way too slick.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I don't care what anyone says, "Psycho Circus" is one of the best KISS records.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:18 am

I like 'em all... but if I had to choose it'd be either Unmasked or Carnival Of Souls.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Of those 5 albums listed, the only 2 I own are Carnival of Souls (which I like) and Psycho Circus (which I put in the "meh" catagory). So while I wouldn't say it's the worst ever, I will say I don't like it much, aside from a few songs.

I like unmasked!!!! I agree, that the worst KISS album is Hot In The Shade!!!! That album blows goats!!!! 2 OK songs, 1 good song (I like Forever - the only HIT of an album that means HITS), the rest, blah - KISS on auto pilot. The production is horrid and the album is just cleaned up demos.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, "Psycho Circus" is one of the best KISS records.

Thank You!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Shini

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 pm

I also agree with 'Psycho Circus' being one of the better albums. It was actually my first KISS album that I own on cassette (my dad bought the CD for himself and all I had at 7-8 years of age was a tape deck so he bought the tape for me; now since my dad's passing, I now own his copy as well as a huge amount of KISS albums, amongst others).

I selected 'Hot in the Shade' (which my dad owned... brrr). I just can't sit through it, with the exception of 'Little Ceaser', but I like Eric Carr a lot, soooo.

I own the remastered version of 'MftE' and it's not too bad. Doesn't get much plays tho'. I haven't listened to 'Crazy Nights', as my youngest brother claimed the album a long time ago. 'CoS'... I think I only liked a few tracks and that was it. That album baffles my brain, leaving me asking, '... what the hell was that'.
Back to top Go down
http://shinimegami-grimm.deviantart.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I actually made a compilation of the best songs from Animalize through Hot In The Shade I like ALOT better than any of those albums individually, theres too much crap on them
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 am

Carnival Of Souls is their worst by far! I actually LOVE Hot In The Shade and Crazy Nights and really like Psycho Circus.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:27 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Carnival Of Souls is their worst by far! I actually LOVE Hot In The Shade and Crazy Nights and really like Psycho Circus.

I completely disagree I personally love 'Carnival of Souls', I think it is an excellent and very underrated KISS album, where I still do not care for 'Hot in the Shade'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst KISS
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next