Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst KISS

Go down 
+26
Shini
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
skullsmasher
MoonChild
Required Fields
nevermore
TheGooch
thejokeriv
Schbopo
akeldama
manny
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
KissinMaiden
kmorg
777Stryken777
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which do you think is the worst Kiss album?
Music from The Elder
Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Crazy Nights
Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Hot in the Shade
Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 16 ]
Carnival of Souls
Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Psycho Circus
Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Worst KISS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

Worst KISS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:10 am

Quote :
Oh, and welcome 777Stryken777

Thanks, bro, good to be here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:03 am

The Elder is a great album dunno why people don't like it!
Welcome, 777Stryken777 another KISS fan like me! 🤘

(When did you buy the DVD?)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:34 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
The Elder is a great album dunno why people don't like it!

I think THE ELDER's reputation has grown over the years. When it first came out in 1981 it was definitely a BIG departure for KISS because it sounded nothing like the previous records; besides, by that time KISS was on a downhill slide anyway (UNMASKED, the previous album, had also tanked), so it was mostly ignored/written off at the time. However, it's developed a cult following since then (I include myself in that cult; I didn't like the album much when I first heard it back in the early 80s but it's grown on me since.).
Gene and Paul have said in the past that they feel THE ELDER was a good album, but it probably shouldn't have been released with the KISS name on it. If nothing else it's a cool experimental piece that showed KISS "thinking outside the box" a little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 am

Yeah I agree.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:38 pm

I don't hot in the shade, well i raelly haven't let it grow on me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:58 pm

I've always liked Elder myself. Trying to find a copy on vinyl.

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:01 pm

Go here you can find a rare one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KISS-RARE-1981-KOREAN-MUSIC-FROM-THE-ELDER-LP-EX_W0QQitemZ300140695350QQihZ020QQcategoryZ434QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:22 pm

The album "Crazy Nights" was so bad to me when I was a 16 year old, that I never listened to the 2nd side of the tape. Maybe it was because I was getting into heavier stuff at the time, but it was only two years earlier that I played "Asylum" non stop. I still don't think I've ever listened to what would be the 2nd side of this album. For s***s and giggles, I thought it would be cool to actually pick this up somewhere, but no dice yet.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Had to go with Hot In The Shade here. One of the most boring filler full albums Ive ever heard, I like maybe 1 or 2 songs from the whole album. I may like Carnival Of Souls less, but its been a long time since Ive heard it.

On the other hand though, Im glad to see no ones voted for The Elder. I like alot of Kiss songs, but I think they only hit a shining moment of perfection 2 maybe 3 times album wise, and The Elder was one of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:52 pm

I went with " Hot in the Shade" I just thought like deathcult it was full of filler songs and it just seemed to be directionless. I actually like "Psycho Circus" not their best album, but probably the best one they could have made at that point in their careers. I also love " Carnival of Souls' the most mature song writing from KISS boys and Bruce Kulick had a big hand in the creation of these songs, KISS's answer to Alice In Chains I suppose.

I used to hate " Crazy Nights" but it has grown on me and I actually like it, despite the cheese ball keyboard pop sound that dominates the album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Psycho Circus and mainly because it was supposed to be the comeback album from Ace,Paul,Gene, and Peter but I found out most of Ace's and Peter's parts were recorded by session musicians and Finally Found My Way sucks!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:04 pm

My KISS collection is still growing, but right now the worst one I have is "Dressed to Kill". I know most people love it, but nope.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:52 pm

HITS is the one I like the leasted - I like 2 songs on it and that's it. I think it's worse than crazy nights.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Schbopo wrote:
My KISS collection is still growing, but right now the worst one I have is "Dressed to Kill". I know most people love it, but nope.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:40 am

crazy night has one good song and the rest is average at best IMO
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Personally I went with "Crazy Nights", although I do like the title track and a few others. There really isn't a KISS album I hate, but this is probably the one I listen to the least. Might have been a better album had it not been produced by Ron Nevison.

I agree! A little too slick production.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Actually, I would vote for Asylum. Worst KISS - Page 2 288219

That's one of those records that I played once...then played frisbee with it in the backyard for awhile before destroying it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:22 am

777Stryken777 wrote:
Crazy Nights.

There are a couple of good songs on there; I really like "I'll Fight Hell to Hold You."

I LOVE The Elder! Has anyone read all the notes in the Kissology 2 booklet? Check out what Paul says about MFTE:

Gene: To this day, we get e-mails that say, "You guys should do an all-Elder show. Do a whole tour, and just play The Elder from beginning to end, because it's such a classic."

Paul: And we always write back to the hospital and tell the people that we hope they get better.

Laughing

I'm glad they have a sense of humor about it -- but I DO think it's a very cool album!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 am

Crazy Nights
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 am

I like them all, I guess if I had to choose my least favorite it would be Unmasked, but I liked several songs off of it too. I have been a die hard KISS fan since the very early days of KISS so I am pretty biased in my views.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 am

I am a KISS fan.

But I don't think there is a single "great" KISS album. The band, for all the pomp and circumstance surrounding them, never made a definitive studio album. There has always been filler in every one of them, IMO. The closest "Must have" album from them is KISS "Alive".

So to answer this question, the one with the most filler and almost no killer is hands down "Hot In The Shade".
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:16 pm

I just got Psycho Circus today, and I think it's a great album! The only songs I don't much care for are "We are one" and "I Finally Found My Way". The rest I think is darned good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 am

I voted Psycho Circus because as a come back record it's very forgetable.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:51 am

So, I went into the last local shop thats still left around me last night and the whole Kiss section is made up of used copies of CRAZY NIGHTS and HOT IN THE SHADE Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 am

WORST cover ever ''kiss'' released is now shown on kissonline.com. i hate this crappy shi* style which have t ogo to trash not to be a commercial selling album. and what a is the name of album ? WTF ? Sonic Boom ? WTF ? where are we ? is it Britney Spears album or Madonna or Shery Crow or Anastacia ?
WTF happen to the band ?
I HATE ALL THSI NEW SYSTEM !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst KISS
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next