Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst KISS

Go down 
+26
Shini
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
skullsmasher
MoonChild
Required Fields
nevermore
TheGooch
thejokeriv
Schbopo
akeldama
manny
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
KissinMaiden
kmorg
777Stryken777
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which do you think is the worst Kiss album?
Music from The Elder
Worst KISS Vote_lcap8%Worst KISS Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Crazy Nights
Worst KISS Vote_lcap30%Worst KISS Vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Hot in the Shade
Worst KISS Vote_lcap43%Worst KISS Vote_rcap
 43% [ 16 ]
Carnival of Souls
Worst KISS Vote_lcap8%Worst KISS Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Psycho Circus
Worst KISS Vote_lcap11%Worst KISS Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:20 am

OK, seems even the most devout Kiss maniacs seem to have one album they don't like. Which do you think is the worst Kiss album? I tried to only pick the albums that I hear the most complaints about from fans. If it's not listed, let us know which you pick and why.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:23 am

Personally I went with "Crazy Nights", although I do like the title track and a few others. There really isn't a KISS album I hate, but this is probably the one I listen to the least. Might have been a better album had it not been produced by Ron Nevison.

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:00 pm

hmm not sure. they have released a few stinkers. i love on the symphony dvd when paul stanley asks 'who owns the elder' and everybody cheers. he looked really suprised
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:33 pm

I went with Hot in the Shade. While it's not "bad", there just aren't many memorable or catchy songs on it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:59 pm

I have to go with "other". I think Unmasked is their worst. The songs on there are pretty weak although it does have the cool Ace tune ,Two Sides of the Coin.
Back to top Go down

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Why did you put Psycho Circus? It's a great album...I mean i'm not alone to think about that...No?

I love every KISS album but my less favorite is Crazy Night.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:14 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Why did you put Psycho Circus? It's a great album...I mean i'm not alone to think about that...No?

I like Psycho Circus, but it's an album I see a lot of fans saying they don't like.

My favorites on that CD are "Psycho Circus", "Into the Void" and "Raise You Glasses".
Back to top Go down

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:15 pm

I went with Hot In The Shade. Crazy Nights in close second. In fact, I only own Crazy Nights on tape, so it's been ages since I listened to it, unlike Hot In The Shade which I own on CD. So I may very well dislike Crazy Nights more, only I can't remember. Haha.
Back to top Go down

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

I like Psycho Circus, but it's an album I see a lot of fans saying they don't like.

My favorites on that CD are "Psycho Circus", "Into the Void" and "Raise You Glasses".

Yeah Into The Void is a kind of Shock Me.

I love Hot In The Shade. Just listen to Little Caesar.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 pm

I freaking HATE Crazy Nights with a passion. It's the only KISS studio album I don't own on either cassette or CD, and even though I'm a completist in most respects, I probably never will either!!

Hot In The Shade is no great shakes either but CRAZY NIGHTS was just a little bit worse!!
Back to top Go down

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Am I alone to love the Bruce era? Crazy Crazy Night is a great song a litlle bit Pop but good. No,no,no too. The compilation are shitty...They are always the same.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:54 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Am I alone to love the Bruce era? Crazy Crazy Night is a great song a litlle bit Pop but good. No,no,no too. The compilation are shitty...They are always the same.

No. I love Asylum. It's one of my favorites albums from any era of Kiss, and it's a Bruce-era album.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:22 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:

I love PC, especially the title track. One of my first Kiss albums!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:53 am

Psycho Circus isn't KISS' worst album but it was still a disappointment to me. There are four tracks I really like (title track, "You Wanted The Best," "Within," "Into The Void") and the rest is just filler, filler, filler. Peter's ballad "I Finally Found My Way" is just embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 9:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Psycho Circus isn't KISS' worst album but it was still a disappointment to me. There are four tracks I really like (title track, "You Wanted The Best," "Within," "Into The Void") and the rest is just filler, filler, filler. Peter's ballad "I Finally Found My Way" is just embarrassing.

You didn't like "Raise Your Glasses"? I thought that was cool, melodic song.

At the same time I thought "You Wanted the Best" sounded a bit forced, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Agreed on the ballad. Shouldn't have even been included. I like the rest though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:09 am

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Agreed on the ballad. Shouldn't have even been included. I like the rest though.

They were obviously looking for the big smash hit, like Aerosmith had recently had with "Don't Want to Miss A Thing".

Shoot, they even used the same song writer for "Nothing Can Keep Me from You", a song originally slated for the CD, but put on the Detroit Rock City soundtrack instead. I guess they figured if Aerosmith can have a hit with a Diane Warren ballad on a soundtrack, they can do the same.

ult
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You didn't like "Raise Your Glasses"? I thought that was cool, melodic song.

Nah, I didn't dig that one at all. I thought the chorus was kind of annoying. (Not to mention it seemed kinda silly for them to be singing "Raise Your Glasses" when neither Paul or Gene drink...although now that I think about it, Ace and Peter probably have probably drank more than enough to cover those two, haha)

Last edited by on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They were obviously looking for the big smash hit, like Aerosmith had recently had with "Don't Want to Miss A Thing".

Shoot, they even used the same song writer for "Nothing Can Keep Me from You", a song originally slated for the CD, but put on the Detroit Rock City soundtrack instead. I guess they figured if Aerosmith can have a hit with a Diane Warren ballad on a soundtrack, they can do the same.

ult

I think Nothing Can Keep Me From You is the better of the 2 tracks and would rather it had been on Psycho Circus. Also, didn't they collaborate with Diane Warren on another song or two ? I seem to think so but can't remember which one's if any (I don't have any cds here for me to check)
Back to top Go down

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:50 am

Will KISS do another album? It could be cool. I mean the compilations suck. I have KISS gold and that's the only one that I need. Just do another album or just do some box set with all the CD in like The Original, The Original II(Japan) and Double Platinum Box set (Japan).
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:40 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Will KISS do another album? It could be cool. I mean the compilations suck. I have KISS gold and that's the only one that I need. Just do another album or just do some box set with all the CD in like The Original, The Original II(Japan) and Double Platinum Box set (Japan).

They say they aren't doing anymore, they might cave tho. Ace has one coming up tho!
Back to top Go down

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Yeah Eddie Trunk , one of his friend, saw Ace in the studios. He's saying that this album will be the most KISS-like that any member have done in solo.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:33 am

I didn't care for Psycho Circus at first. And it was only my 2nd KISS album (the first being Alive II). Even after getting more into KISS, I still felt it was pretty average. But upon listening to it in later years, that album really rocks. I wouldn't say it's a classic, but it's defnitely very good.

The only problem I still have with it is that it's pretty much a salute from KISS to KISS. I would've rathered they just done a KISS album instead of an album about KISS. But that's nitpicking because the songs are solid.

By the way, 'I Finally Found My Way' is indeed cheesey, but I think it compliments 'Beth' well (which is obviously what they were trying to do... Beth Part 2).
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:40 am

Crazy Nights.

There are a couple of good songs on there; I really like "I'll Fight Hell to Hold You."

I LOVE The Elder! Has anyone read all the notes in the Kissology 2 booklet? Check out what Paul says about MFTE:

Gene: To this day, we get e-mails that say, "You guys should do an all-Elder show. Do a whole tour, and just play The Elder from beginning to end, because it's such a classic."

Paul: And we always write back to the hospital and tell the people that we hope they get better.

Laughing

I'm glad they have a sense of humor about it -- but I DO think it's a very cool album!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:15 am

COS

Oh, and welcome 777Stryken777

Worst KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst KISS   Worst KISS Icon_minitime