Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

70's Scorpions

Go down 
+19
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
thejokeriv
DeathCult
ultmetal
manny
EmoElmo
James B.
snooloui
Required Fields
adrian
Andy
arachnoplasma
metalinmyveins
exact33
mc666
tohostudios
ProgDoom
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

70's Scorpions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've only got VIRGIN KILLER and TAKEN BY FORCE out of their '70s stuff, but I dig'em both, for whatever that's worth.

TRY these out brother, both on RCA......for cheap

70's Scorpions - Page 2 220px-BestOfScorpions

70's Scorpions - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK8myT9GqD6VvJYevMK_Z6xrwiBF8AhpNDnfugJZsbMKhGdxb7

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

for me its:

very early 70's Scorps<mid 70's<late 70's<Lovedrive/Animal Mag/Blackout>Love at first sting>late 80's/1990>mid 90's>everything after that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 pm

stepcousin wrote:
for me its:

very early 70's ScorpsLove at first sting>late 80's/1990>mid 90's>everything after that.
Check out Sting In The Tail if you haven't already. I'd completely given up on Scorpions but I kept reading good things about their last one and sure enough those reviews were correct.

Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:05 pm

James B. wrote:
I was a hugr Scorps fan in the 70's. Taken By Force is my favorite Uli record.

Attn: ProgDoom.....check out Electric Sun, Uli's band after Scorpions.

I have their first album. A bit too psychedelic, but great for any fan of 60's rock.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:23 am

Didn't get into the 70's as much being from the 80's and loving Animal Magnetism and Love at First Sting, but will def give the earlier stuff another look Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Looks like Scorpions are next to receive the Audio Fidelity CD treatment with Virign Killer:

70's Scorpions - Page 2 48339510

Would have preferred Taken By Force, but this is cool. Hopefully they will do In Trance and Taken By Force in the future, followed by some of the 80's albums. Nice to see they aren;t using the horrid original album cover!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Good Lord, that is one of the worst examples of promotional art I've ever seen. Nothin' says "German Hard Rock" like a dollar-store Virgin Mary figurine and a bloody action figure superimposed against the Alps... waitaminnit, what? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Looks like Scorpions are next to receive the Audio Fidelity CD treatment with Virign Killer:

Would have preferred Taken By Force, but this is cool. Hopefully they will do In Trance and Taken By Force in the future, followed by some of the 80's albums. Nice to see they aren;t using the horrid original album cover!

Nice! I'll get that for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Good Lord, that is one of the worst examples of promotional art I've ever seen. Nothin' says "German Hard Rock" like a dollar-store Virgin Mary figurine and a bloody action figure superimposed against the Alps... waitaminnit, what? Laughing very hard

I thought the promo art was pretty bad too........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:33 pm

This release was originally planned for over a year ago, but the record label couldn't find the master tapes for a couple of the songs. After about 9 months of looking the tapes were finally found and the remaster was completed.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 am

tohostudios wrote:
stepcousin wrote:
for me its:

very early 70's ScorpsLove at first sting>late 80's/1990>mid 90's>everything after that.
Check out Sting In The Tail if you haven't already. I'd completely given up on Scorpions but I kept reading good things about their last one and sure enough those reviews were correct.

Sting in the Tail is excellent. Its the album that finally got the Scorpions to click for me.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:14 am

Quote :
the record label couldn't find the master tapes for a couple of the songs. After about 9 months of looking the tapes were finally found and the remaster was completed.

It always disturbs me when you hear these kinds of things. Why can't labels hire an archivist? Or more importantly why didn't they have an archivist in the first place? Seems like this happens a whole lot.

Having just listened to In Trance, I can safely say it is my favorite Scorpions top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 am

jstate wrote:

Having just listened to In Trance, I can safely say it is my favorite Scorpions top to bottom.

Mine as well.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 am

In Trance def has one of the better 70's Scorp's covers (IMHO)
70's Scorpions - Page 2 220px-ScorpionsInTrance

Hare to pick a favorite tune as well

"Robot Man", "Top Of The Bill", "In Trance" and "Dark Lady"...All killer stuf

"Life's Like A River" is one of those first great Scorp's ballads

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 am

I was a complete child of 80's Scorps (Thanks to MTV and the No One Like You video). So much so that I didn't think anything came before Blackout in my world. That was a big mistake I corrected in time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Rumors are that the next Scorpions reissue from Audio Fidelity will be "In Trance".
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
Rumors are that the next Scorpions reissue from Audio Fidelity will be "In Trance".

Sweet!!!!! Hope they end up doing Taken By Force
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

70's Scorpions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2