Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music

Go down 
+46
choosemetal
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
7thSaviour
Joe
DevZor
EmoElmo
dark avenger
JBall_Z
powermacho
CRIMSONMASK
Speedmetalfreak
Addy
Olafsto
MoonChild
James B.
stormspell
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
skullkrusher
DallasBlack
Andy
Wargod
Doomdance
shamgar75
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Rex
MetalGuy71
Wayne
Troublezone
Storm_Rider89
arachnoplasma
Gilbert
Metal Misfit
mlotek
exact33
adrian
Lurideath
kmorg
thejokeriv
mc666
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Choose!
Anthrax - Worship Music
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Vote_lcap46%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 34 ]
Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Vote_lcap45%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 33 ]
They both suck!
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 am

dark avenger wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out what's not to love about Endgame? lol!

The fact that most of the songs simply aren't very good.

Summed it up, in Layman's term Laughing
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 pm

I bought these two albums at the same time. Upon my first several listens I would have said anthrax, but 'Deths platter has me coming back way more often these days. Thirteen has alot more staying power than worship music does. once I got over the fact that thirteen has some recycled material and just started enjoying the songs for themselves it became a very entertaining collection of songs.

Oh, and Engame KILLS!!! Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 506406
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Quote :
thirteen has some recycled material

'Splain...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

'Splain...

There are a number of tracks on thirteen that have already been released by dave and co. in one way or another.

From Youthenasia bonus tracks:
New world order
Millineum of the blind

From United Abominations Japanese version:
Black Swan

Guitar hero 5:
Sudden Death

At first this irked me... Especially sudden death, I downloaded that track last January already because I thought it would be a one off tune like angry again and go to hell. But I quicky got over it. Those tunes are some of the best on the disc, In fact the only track that I could really do without is guns, drugs and money.
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Both are surprisingly good; i don't know what to vote; especially, i was surprised by the catchiness of Thirteen, since my expectations were pretty low, after Endgame.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm

DevZor wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

'Splain...

There are a number of tracks on thirteen that have already been released by dave and co. in one way or another.

New world order
Millineum of the blind

Black Swan

Guitar hero 5:
Sudden Death

At first this irked me... Especially sudden death, I downloaded that track last January already because I thought it would be a one off tune like angry again and go to hell. But I quicky got over it. Those tunes are some of the best on the disc, In fact the only track that I could really do without is guns, drugs and money.

Interesting...I had no idea.

I have spun the album probably 8 or 9 times now and I am digging it...now I just need to get the Anthrax...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm

I think Thirteen is MEGADETH's "contract fulfillment album".
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:14 pm

I like both of these albums, but Anthrax is getting my vote. I will say that upon first listen I was disappointed with Worship Music. After hearing the first couple of songs I thought it was going to be more of a full on thrash album. Once getting over that, I grew to enjoy the album alot. In fact I enjoy the non thrashier songs the best. My expectations were low for this album so that probably helped to sway my vote.

The first couple of times I spun Thirteen it was done in the background while I was doing other things. The only thing that was sticking out was the vocals. They are too loud in the mix. I finally had to concentrate on just listening to this album. I will say that I am enjoying this more than Endgame (I like Endgame, but don't love it), but it isn't necessarily "WOWing" me either.

Maybe over time I may feel differently, but I'm comfortable giving my vote to Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

well its one of the best contract fulfillments I have heard...

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

well its one of the best contract fulfillments I have heard...

headbanger But I also like Dio-Magica and Fates Warning-Inside Out, so what do I know? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 am

Quote :
New world order
Millineum of the blind

Black Swan

Not sure about 'Sudden Death', but I believe those other 3 tracks, while previously released in regular or demo form, were all redone with the current band members. When I first read about it, I was a little concerned, but since I wasn't familair with any of the tracks, I quickly got over it. 'Black Swan' is one of my favorite tunes on 13.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
New world order
Millineum of the blind

Black Swan

Not sure about 'Sudden Death', but I believe those other 3 tracks, while previously released in regular or demo form, were all redone with the current band members. When I first read about it, I was a little concerned, but since I wasn't familair with any of the tracks, I quickly got over it. 'Black Swan' is one of my favorite tunes on 13.

Clear Indications that Mustaine and Co. were running out of ideas.
I couldnt fathom why on earth would they include those 4 old tunes on a new record. It couldve been an EP without those four Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

EmoElmo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
New world order
Millineum of the blind

Black Swan

I couldnt fathom why on earth would they include those 4 old tunes on a new record. It couldve been an EP without those four Smile

Actually, Mustaine has said that some of his band mates really wanted to do those songs, unless he is lying. Regardless if they are older songs or not, it's still a great listen.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am

EmoElmo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
New world order
Millineum of the blind

Black Swan

He's complained about Roadrunner since he signed with them...I don't see it so much as running out of ideas as getting out of his record deal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 am

I agree with Shawn. I bet Mustaine simply wanted to finish the record so he could get the hell out of his contract w/Roadrunner, so rather than bust his ass coming up with four new songs, he decided to polish up a couple of little-heard older tracks in order to pad it out and get outta Dodge.

...which was fine by me personally, because till TH1RT3EN came out I hadn't heard any of those songs, so they were still "new" to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

...which was fine by me personally, because till TH1RT3EN came out I hadn't heard any of those songs, so they were still "new" to me.

I had never heard them either...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

Quote :

That was my initial reaction too, but I got over it. Here's the orginal version of 'Black Swan'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1brvzR3ok&feature=player_embedded

and the new...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leoLPWAcwT4&feature=related

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am

Besides, Thirteen is a better album title than Nine. Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 am

I have no problem with the "old" tunes on Th1rt3en since I had never heard any of them before either. What's the big deal ? Take away those 3 tracks and you still have a fantastic 10 track listen.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 am

Joe wrote:
i beg to differ

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Mefa-a

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 am

mc666 wrote:
Joe wrote:
i beg to differ

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Mefa-a

haha, well I did say album title, not album!

What are you one of those "hidden" members now?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I agree with Shawn. I bet Mustaine simply wanted to finish the record so he could get the hell out of his contract w/Roadrunner, so rather than bust his ass coming up with four new songs, he decided to polish up a couple of little-heard older tracks in order to pad it out and get outta Dodge.

Yeah, new to me too!

I wonder were Megadeth will end up for the next record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:56 pm

What kind of deal did Mustaine sign with Roadrunner anyway?

Porcupine Tree is on Roadrunner, but they retain the ownership of all their music, they just use Roadrunner for distribution. I think Opeth might have a similar deal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:25 pm

S.D. wrote:

Porcupine Tree is on Roadrunner, but they retain the ownership of all their music, they just use Roadrunner for distribution. I think Opeth might have a similar deal.

C'mon, you should know by now. It could be a fine deal, but Dave's always gonna need something to be pissy about.

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

C'mon, you should know by now. It could be a fine deal, but Dave's always gonna need something to be pissy about.

Yeah, you're right. If he ever stops being pissed he won't be able to write music any longer, that seems to be his one emotion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next