Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music

Go down 
+46
choosemetal
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
7thSaviour
Joe
DevZor
EmoElmo
dark avenger
JBall_Z
powermacho
CRIMSONMASK
Speedmetalfreak
Addy
Olafsto
MoonChild
James B.
stormspell
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
skullkrusher
DallasBlack
Andy
Wargod
Doomdance
shamgar75
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Rex
MetalGuy71
Wayne
Troublezone
Storm_Rider89
arachnoplasma
Gilbert
Metal Misfit
mlotek
exact33
adrian
Lurideath
kmorg
thejokeriv
mc666
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Choose!
Anthrax - Worship Music
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 34 ]
Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 33 ]
They both suck!
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 pm

I don't mind people stating something negative about an album or a band, but to say that neither album has absolutely any redeeming value to it, is absurd. I could see someone saying that both are average, yet they end up finding something positive from one of the aforementioned albums. Unless one hated both bands going into their listening experience, then I guess I could understand the vote for they both suck. I'm guessing both voters liked each of these bands at some given period in their history... Hence, voting both suck is kind of lame.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:08 pm

I think very few albums have nothing going for them. And the word "suck" is too harsh. But neither are good in my view. Your mileage may vary based on your expectations and preferences.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I need to give Megadeth a little more time to digest before I vote, but I'm leaning towards Anthrax here. Seems to me like they had something here to prove and it shows. There was an excitement about the album.

Dave Mustaine's kinda settled into a steady groove on the last few albums. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But maybe he's gotten a little too comfortable. He needs to be challenged again.

After giving TH1RT3EN a bunch of spins I would have to echo MG's sentiment here and give the edge to Anthrax.

Both albums are good but Anthrax definitely sounds hungrier.

A lotta people complained about the all-speed, all the time approach Deth used on ENDGAME but I liked that album a lot and would've liked to see TH1RT3EN continue in that vein.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:02 am

edit: image deleted

seems some quick posts were made while I was making a witty post
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Th1rt3en

It is growing on me. Didn't grab me like Endgame did (really enjoyed that album) on the first spin, but I am really enjoying it. The solos are tight, good riffs. This album is like Countdown and Youthanasia rolled into one IMO.
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:47 am

I voted "they both suck".

But I really feel Anthrax is a band that doesn't know what they want to sound like.

And Megadeth almost had the right title, however I have to add a few words. Thirteen... in a dozen! This albums is so safe..
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:12 pm

The new Anthrax simply a much better album all around where as Megadeth's cd has moments of greatness but some songs lack the thrashyness!

Wargod

NP: Trillium - Alloy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:25 pm

I've listened to both albums and while they each have their moments, I gotta say neither had enough of an impact on me to make me want to run out and buy them.

Probably has more to do with my personal tastes these days than the overall merits of the albums themselves.

Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:54 pm

I'm surprised by the results at the time I am posting this. Anthrax leading by nearly 20%. Worship is cool, some great tracks on there, but Anthrax has ventured a bit too far into groove metal territory to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Both are great but I went with Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I just got these two the other day.

THIRTEEN I kind of like, WORSHIP MUSIC...I'm not really feeling it yet.

It's seems kind of mediocre.

THIRTEEN wins.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 pm

I forgot about this poll. Even though I really like the comeback album from Anthrax, I have to go with "13". Even though I enjoyed the technical aspects from Endgame, I feel like "13" is more representative of where Dave and the band are these days. It has that "Countdown to Extinction"/"Youthanasia"/"Cryptic Writings" feel, which I always enjoyed. Both are really good though. The song "In the End" from Anthrax was a really nice change of pace, and is probably my favorite song on the album.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I guess that thirteen is somewhat boring, especially when compared to the band's latest albums, such as united abominations.

Agree
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 pm

I was initially leaning towards Anthrax, but now that the newness has worn off and both albums have been given their fair shake, I voted for Megadeth.

Not exactly sure why. I think both albums are great, both have a coupla questionable/filler tunes, but both are memorable and I found myself singing songs from both albums in my head even when I wasn't playing them. Anthrax had Joey back, Megadeth had Junior. Both were on pretty even ground for me.

But for whatever reason, I found myself listening to '13' more. I think I could put that one on and just let it play whereas I had to be in the mood for Worship Music. Maybe I'm just talking outta my ass again.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 pm

I plan on grabbing the new Megadeth this Thursday during my grocery run @ Walmart...haven't heard the whole Anthrax album but "Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't" was pretty cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 pm

I gotta go with Megadeth. It just sounds better/more aggressive to me. Worship Music is no slouch just not up to the bar of Th1rt3en.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 pm

I've lived with both albums for some time now and I like both discs, but yep, still gotta give the edge to Anthrax -- just by a smidge.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Anthrax easily. Thirteen sounds like a rushed album with way too much filler. It's not terrible but nothing great. Worship Music is still a great album after many, many listens.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Still like 'em both.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Overall I'd say Megadeth's a bit better, but since both are way below the standards I (used to) expect from those bands, I voted with option #3
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Thirteen is better than Endgame, which only says so much - It's good, but not excellent like United Abominations - that album really SMOKES!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I liked Endgame...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I liked Endgame...

Yep, me too!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 pm

I like both....

voted Megadeth a while back w/out explanantion

I have to say that my hope is Anthrax jumps right back in the studio when the current tour is over and some of the vibe from playing catchy faster stuff bites them in the @$$ and scratches that itch of creativity.

Who ever wins the next POTUS election will determine what kind of Megadeth album we get (IMHO)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Anthrax has delivered a good album, but I go with Megadeth, defintiely better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next