Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music

Go down 
+46
choosemetal
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
7thSaviour
Joe
DevZor
EmoElmo
dark avenger
JBall_Z
powermacho
CRIMSONMASK
Speedmetalfreak
Addy
Olafsto
MoonChild
James B.
stormspell
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
skullkrusher
DallasBlack
Andy
Wargod
Doomdance
shamgar75
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Rex
MetalGuy71
Wayne
Troublezone
Storm_Rider89
arachnoplasma
Gilbert
Metal Misfit
mlotek
exact33
adrian
Lurideath
kmorg
thejokeriv
mc666
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Choose!
Anthrax - Worship Music
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Vote_lcap46%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 34 ]
Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Vote_lcap45%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 33 ]
They both suck!
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 pm

I don't know why people complain about them including those tracks.

I had listened to those bonus tracks of Youthanasia a few years ago (still only own the original pressing though) and I didn't think much of them at all. However on this album I found both tracks to be favorites, and Millennium of the Blind was far from finished in its demo form.

Black Swan I had never heard because I only have the standard American release of United Abominations. Also a track I very much enjoy.

I think complaining about Sudden Death is the most silly of all though, the way I see it, it was just an early single released. I had never heard it till the album release and I love it!

I guess for someone like me who usually doesn't listen to stuff until they have the actual cd in their hands, it's just no big deal
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Public Enemy #1 is a great track. I think it makes the album great.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:05 am

I have both albums, but I think that Worship Music is a little bit better than the latest Megadeth offering, although both platters feature the best output from each band in many years.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

I almost forgot about this poll. I don't think there is another poll with 67 votes, where they're deadlocked 30-30 and essentially 7 abstentions. Okay, who wants to be the individual to break the tie?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Me!!  Very Happy 

I went with Anthrax but I'm not sure whether it was just because my expectations were so low that I was pleasantly surprised. With Megadeth my expectations are always high and Thirteen didn't do a great deal for me.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:38 pm

I went with Anthrax. I like both albums, but I don't think either one will be a classic. The thrax is just a bit more enjoyable for me (except for "Black Swan" on Thirteen. That song owns).
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 am

I had to go with Megadeth. I heard Worship music and it didn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:08 am

Anthrax. This is the first purchase since Among the living and bought it cause I had tickets to see them. I wasn't sure what to expect, since I hadn't followed them for several years. I was surprised big time. I like it, so much so I plan to back fill their catalog. They sound great on this release.

Megadeth, well I still haven't gotten around to digging into the releases I missed over the years. I bought their latest and liked it, so I may just give the rest a try.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Explain what it is about these two albums that DOESN'T suck first and maybe we will feel compelled to spell it all out.  

You are the ultimate pessimist!

By a landslide!  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:55 pm

"Th1rt3en", easily.

The re-recordings of "Sudden Death," "New World Order," "Black Swan," and "Millennium of the Blind" alone make it a better album.

It's a bit too long, in my opinion, but all the songs are infectiously catchy. It's no "Endgame" by any means, but it certainly beats the abortion of an album that would follow.

"Worship Music" was just excess Bush-era bullshit sung with an exceptionally better vocalist. BUT, I'm expecting their next album to be mind-blowing.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:17 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
"Th1rt3en", easily.

The re-recordings of "Sudden Death," "New World Order," "Black Swan," and "Millennium of the Blind" alone make it a better album.

It's a bit too long, in my opinion, but all the songs are infectiously catchy. It's no "Endgame" by any means, but it certainly beats the abortion of an album that would follow.

"Worship Music" was just excess Bush-era bullshit sung with an exceptionally better vocalist. BUT, I'm expecting their next album to be mind-blowing.

Having seen both singers live I find the notion that Joey Belladonna is an exceptionally better singer than John Bush pretty hilarious  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Voted for Thirteen. Megadeth has been putting out some really great stuff lately and I am loving it. The new Anthrax is very good. I am a John Bush fan, so I was not really expecting a whole lot from it. Glad I was wrong, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Still Thirteen is better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5