Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing

Go down 
+26
Shiney
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Mglaffas81
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
TheDoctor'sScarf
JBall_Z
Waylon
DeathCult
powermacho
QuothTheRaven
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Spiner202
iamrockerfun
Rex
manny
ultmetal
Eyesore
kmorg
exact33
Smindas
Gilbert
MEGATRON
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 am

I listened to the leak (I've got the album pre-ordered, but I'm an impatient young man) and I've got to say, I disagree with iamrockerfun entirely.

It's an eclectic album to say the least, flirting with many moderns sensibilities and lots of classic Cooper fair. Stuff like the auto-tune on the opening track and the duet with Ke$ha shows Cooper willing to try and shock people a bit by trying something different - I mean, no one expects that kind of thing from the man, especially considering his recent retro-tinged output. I'm really liking it, as a whole.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 am

Me too. I'll be listening to this one as much as I do the older ones.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:51 pm

i had a great expectations Very Happy but i'm stood my ground. i'm not impressed at all with that album.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:37 am

Did anyone listen to Alice on Rockline? That was a fantastic interview and they played quite a few new songs. For the most part, this album is shaping up quite nicely, but I still haven't heard it all. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the fan pack to arrive, and then for my parents to bring it to me/go home for the weekend (the joys of being away at University... Razz)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 am

I read in today's ads that Best Buy will have their edition on Tuesday with 4 bonus tracks for $9.99. Looks like I'll be making a trip at lunch for that and the new Anthrax too (also $9.99 but sadly lacking any bonus material).

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I read in today's ads that Best Buy will have their edition on Tuesday with 4 bonus tracks for $9.99. Looks like I'll be making a trip at lunch for that and the new Anthrax too (also $9.99 but sadly lacking any bonus material).

nice! Thats where i will be going!

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

nice! Thats where i will be going!

Cool, thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 pm

No problem. Sometimes being the old fart that still reads the Sunday paper pays off. Now excuse me, I've got to chase some damn kids off the lawn. Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 387733

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Good to know - thanks! For some reason, I didn't get the best buy flyer in my Sunday paper
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:59 am

Heard the track with Kei$ha on the radio today, and it SUCKED! Man, I'm bummed!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:17 am

Haha I didn't think it was that bad. Kind of sounds like something from Constrictor. I also like the other song on this album called Bloodbath Disco Boogie (or something like that). It's wierd but I like it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:43 am

So I decided to buy a copy, despite the fact that I'm awaiting one in the mail as well Very Happy

I'm listening now and so far, this album is every bit as great as I thought it would be. Of course, I've already heard all of these tracks (I'm on "Last Man on Earth"), but still, this is a great album!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:03 am

Hopefully my copy arrives today in the mail. Of course, it's coming from Newbury so who knows if I'll actually ever get it. Laughing

Other than that, the Classic Rock fan pack is on its way as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 am

Just started listening to it now....
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hopefully my copy arrives today in the mail. Of course, it's coming from Newbury so who knows if I'll actually ever get it. Laughing

Yea newbury is weird some times. I got a email saying it was sent out last week which usually means it should have been here at least yesturday. Got the mail today and still nothing. I didn't get the new Anthrax either which went out Friday from Best Buy. Also I ordered the new Dream Theater Box set and got a email saying it is delayed a little bit. Thankfully I was able to hear these albums and I'm actually listening to the new Dream Theater now, but I want the real thing!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Yea newbury is weird some times. I got a email saying it was sent out last week which usually means it should have been here at least yesturday. Got the mail today and still nothing. I didn't get the new Anthrax either which went out Friday from Best Buy. Also I ordered the new Dream Theater Box set and got a email saying it is delayed a little bit. Thankfully I was able to hear these albums and I'm actually listening to the new Dream Theater now, but I want the real thing!

Yeah, got the same email about the DT box set.......... At least I have a FLAC version of it!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

So, listened to it - to me it sounds like 70's Metal meets Vaudeville. It really plays like an original cast recording of a Vaudeville Broadway style show with 70's metal/hard rock music as the base. That said, I do like the album. I don't have Alice's discography so I don't know the deep tracks, so I can't compare to his other albums. I do have Welcome To My Nightmare and Welcome 2 is a worthy follow up, much better than some other bands have done with sequel albums (Queensryche - I am talking to you!!!)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
So, listened to it - to me it sounds like 70's Metal meets Vaudeville. It really plays like an original cast recording of a Vaudeville Broadway style show with 70's metal/hard rock music as the base. That said, I do like the album. I don't have Alice's discography so I don't know the deep tracks, so I can't compare to his other albums. I do have Welcome To My Nightmare and Welcome 2 is a worthy follow up, much better than some other bands have done with sequel albums (Queensryche - I am talking to you!!!)

That is because Alice rules.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:09 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

manny speaks the truth!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:13 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

And it's your fault I spent money on it.......... LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

And it's your fault I spent money on it.......... LOL!!!!!

did you remember to buy me a copy too??

I am on my way to best buy after work.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

I got the same email last week. From any other distro, it would've been here by now. I think they must send out the email saying it's been shipped well before they actually ship it.

I also ordered Anthrax from Best Buy and didn't get it either. They usually time it just right to arrive in my mail box the day of the release.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I got the same email last week. From any other distro, it would've been here by now. I think they must send out the email saying it's been shipped well before they actually ship it.

I also ordered Anthrax from Best Buy and didn't get it either. They usually time it just right to arrive in my mail box the day of the release.

I ordered Matheos/Arch from Amazon and it showed up today (release day) and I forgot it was being released with the other big releases (DT, Anthrax, Alice Cooper)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:48 pm

I am up to track 8 and I am enjoying this. I think it would have been better to title the album something else. I keep thinking of the original and this one doesnt sound like the famililar friend that one is.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:53 am

exact33 wrote:
I am up to track 8 and I am enjoying this. I think it would have been better to title the album something else. I keep thinking of the original and this one doesnt sound like the famililar friend that one is.

I think I'm with you on this one. I like what I'm hearing, but I don't get the "nightmare concept" that ties the songs together like on the original. Maybe futher spins will help the concept gel a bit more, but this didn't need the "Nightmare" tag on it. It's classic Alice Cooper (a little of this, a little of that), but calling it a sequel just comes off as more of a marketing gimmick than anything.

PS I haven't even had this one for 24 hours, yet I already like it better than Along Came A Spider.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing   Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Album artwork and track listing
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next