Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?

Go down 
+20
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Ben Grimm
nevermore
DeathCult
Smindas
jstate
Schbopo
Defender71
snooloui
James B.
Metal Misfit
Gilbert
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
tohostudios
manny
Metallic Blaze
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 am

I like me some Alice Cooper, but my favorite album (and it has been for years) is "Raise Your Fist and Yell".

Something special about that one.

Of course, it was also the first Alice Cooper album I owned back when I was a kid. So it has lots of sentimental value to me too.

What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Alice-cooper-raise-your-fist-and-yell
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 am

That is a hard question for me to answer because I am huge huge Alice Cooper fanboy, and the first two Alice Cooper albums I ever bought where 'Greatest Hits' and ' Special Forces'.

If I was pressed by the band Alice Cooper it would be 'Killer'.

As for Alice when he went solo I guess I would go with the fan favorite 'Welcome to My Nightmare'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 am

I've never heard any of his music.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:48 am

Nightmare for me.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 am

Impossible to pick only one. Some of my favorites would be:

Welcome to my Nightmare
Billion Dollar Babies
Killer
Love It To Death
From the Inside
Last Temptation
Schools Out
Brutal Planet
Eyes of Alice Cooper

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 am

Welcome to My Nightmare was the first Alice tape I owned, so I'll go with that one.

By the way, Alice is 62 today. 62 !!! Happy birthday, Vince. What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? 251456

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Can't really say. The only cd I have of his is Hey Stoopid and I know just about everyone doesn't like it. I think it's okay. I really need to add more of his stuff to the collection.

Last edited by 007 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

1.Brutal Planet
2.Trash
3.Hey Stoopid
4.The Last Temptation
5.Dragontown
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 pm

I like some of his songs, mainly Lost in America and Poison.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

007 wrote:
Can't really say. The only cd I have of his is Hey Stoopid and I know just about everyone doesn't like it. I think it's okay. I really need to add more of his stuff to the collection.

Dude you should grab 'Welcome to My Nightmare' 'Killer' and ' Billion Dollar Babies', you will not regret it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Raise Your Fist and Yell is pretty underrated, IMO. More than a few gems on that one.

Hard to pick, but I will say that even though he and the band did tons of great songs in the early years, a lot of that music is too weird for me to get into and I'm a huge Alice fan. The sound was streamlined and more accessible once the original band left.

No particular order:

Welcome to My Nightmare
Brutal Planet
Dragontown
Trash
DaDa
(another extremely underrated Alice album!)
Hey Stoopid
The Last Temptation
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:19 pm

DA DA is very under rated and one of my favorite Cooper platters, I personally think he's worst album is either 'Trash' or "Lace and Whiskey'
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

I like the early 70's stuff best

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:16 pm

manny wrote:
DA DA is very under rated and one of my favorite Cooper platters, I personally think he's worst album is either 'Trash' or "Lace and Whiskey'

I love Trash, but then again, I'm huge fan of what Desmond Child has written for other artists. I can understand anyone bashing it or saying its his worst because it was extremely commercial, but to me, it is two great things (Alice & hair metal) combining to form something else that's great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Welcome To My Nightmare with either Love It To Death or Killer running a close second, I can't decide....
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Trash. Probably because it's the only one I have, but also because it's actually pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Defender71
Metal novice
Metal novice
Defender71

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Brutal planet for me
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:22 pm

1. Billion Dollar Babies. To me, it sums up perfectly what the original band was all about. It's got the creepiness and the darkness, but it's mixed so well with Alice's irreverent sense of humor, and it also shows why Alice Cooper is better as a band than as a solo artist IMO. Everybody in the band brings something different to the table in terms of songwriting and style, creating something truly unique.

After that...
2. Killer
3. Love It To Death
4. Welcome To My Nightmare
5. School's Out
6. Muscle Of Love
7. From The Inside

And that's all I have.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Billion Dollar Babies for me too.

I also really like Trash but more for sentimental reasons than anything.

One I think is underrated and near the top of my Alice favorites is Dirty Diamonds.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Probably Killer, but Welcome To My Nightmare is a close second. I personally quite like Trash and Hey Stoopid - as Misfit said, Alice and hair metal is a good combo, hah. The only problem was both albums had a few songs that really brought the rest of the tracks down.

And I definitely agree with jstate on Dirty Diamonds. I only picked it up near the end of last year and it's a great meld of Alice's varying styles. Really enjoyable album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Quote :
And I definitely agree with jstate on Dirty Diamonds. I only picked it up near the end of last year and it's a great meld of Alice's varying styles. Really enjoyable album.

Coincidently, I grabbed Dirty Diamonds off the shelf this week to give it a fresh spin. Playing it right now. Very good album. Well, except for that bonus track with Xhibit. Bleeeech.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:48 pm

I always thought "Raise Your Fist and Yell" was underrated and ignored.

I freekin' love that album! It's chock full of hooks, glam metal styled goodness and some fantastic lyrics! Very freedom-oriented stuff.

Anyway - my fave Alice Cooper albums are (and you can tell that I like the glam metal era):

1. Raise Your Fist and Yell
2. Trash
3. The Last Temptation
4. Hey Stoopid

I need to get all of his stuff eventually.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Special Forces and Killer
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Killer and Love It To Death are my favorites. I like Billion Dollar Babies and From The Inside alot as well.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I am only missing two of his albums but I would have to say Brutal Planet
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Alice Cooper album?   What is your favorite Alice Cooper album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next