Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax still looking...

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
fingers
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Rex
Olafsto
caniplaywithmadness?
Temple of Blood
krokus
TheGooch
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Troublezone
kmorg
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:16 pm

The clips of his old band sound OK. I'll be impressed when I hear him nail "Armed and Dangerous".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah, just like I thought ... it's not smart to write Anthrax off just yet. I'm really looking forward to this new album. It'll be a cooker me thinks.

This and the new Testament are my two most looked-forward to albums of 08.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:37 pm

A friend of mine ripped those Devilsize mp3s if anyone is interested!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:43 pm

so who exactly is this new guy then i thought they were looking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Welp, looks like Dan from Long Island is officially the new Anthrax singer. Just saw this on Blabbermouth. All I can say is Good luck, buddy... if recent Anthrax history is any indication, you're gonna need it...

New ANTHRAX Singer: 'The Naysayers Are Gonna Be Shut Down' - Dec. 13, 2007

ANTHRAX has issued a press release officially announcing its new singer, Dan Nelson. Nelson, 32, is a virtual unknown, having fronted several local bands in the Long Island/New York area, including DEVILSIZE and ME, MY ENEMY. Drummer Charlie Benante says, "Rob [Caggiano, ANTHRAX lead guitarist] called me and said, 'I have a singer, you should check him out.' We gave him a shot, and he floored us."
After a successful reunion tour with returning vocalist Joey Belladonna in 2006, there were rumors of recording a new album with that lineup. However, talks fell through and the band was left, once again, without a frontman.
"I was actually looking for a band," commented Nelson. "Long Island is a pretty dead scene. I was in UNBROKEN, and through that I met Rob a couple years ago. I had gone through some stuff on a personal side where I took time off from the music. When I got back to the scene, I couldn't find a band, so I contacted Rob through MySpace and offered my services. We sent music back and forth, got together, and jammed for 10 hours straight. After 10 hours, he said, 'I think you'd be right for ANTHRAX."
"There's no place else I'd rather be right now," Nelson said. "It's a great vibe. I feel great, and I'm ready to go. It's lit that much more of a fire under me. I'm getting to live the dream, and it feels amazing. I can't wait for all these people who think ANTHRAX is done to be proven wrong. The naysayers are gonna be shut down, and the true-blue fans are gonna be pleased.”
Guitarist Scott Ian commented on the new singer saying, "It feels great working with Dan. The first time we jammed, we ran through a bunch of old songs, songs from the John Bush/Joey Belladonna eras. Right from the first second Dan started 'Room For One More' we knew. We said, 'Now that we've got that, let's work his ass off.'"

ANTHRAX, featuring Nelson on vocals, guitarists Ian and Rob Caggiano, bassist Frankie Bello, and drummer Benante, is currently working on all-new material. "We wrote these songs and they smurfing kicked ass," says Benante. "It was cathartic. We also want to take our time. This record will be under the microscope, more so than the others. We want to make sure it's 100% perfect."

bump for TheGooch
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:56 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax still looking...   Anthrax still looking... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax still looking...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4