Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANTHRAX Bummer!!!

Go down 
+9
Metal Misfit
mc666
journeyman
spiritoradio
Thrasher73
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 3:44 pm

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received the following statement from ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian:

Quote :
"Finally,
we're going back to work. We're going to Chicago to work our asses off
and write a record. It's time. We're ready. One problem... no singer.

"We
were offered a direct support slot on a major tour this spring and Joey
[Belladonna, vocals] decided he did not want to move forward. The
reunion is over. We tried to make it work but I guess that's the
problem, you can't 'make' something work. It's gotta be natural and at
least becoming a band again and playing live was.

"Over the
course of around 140 shows we became a better band than we ever were
before from 1984 - 92. The shows we played from April 2005 through
October 2006 were incredible and some of the best gigs we've ever
played. Doing Donington again was mind-blowing, Graspop was insane, the
insanity in Finland, Chicago, Milwaukee, three times in L.A.!!!, three
times across Western Canada!!, Glasgow!!!!!, London!!!, the Nokia show
in NY, the Starland show in NJ, JUDAS PRIEST!, ROB ZOMBIE!,
Gigantour!!, Australia!!!, Japan!!!!!!, really, there's not a bummer in
19 months.

"Thank you from the very depths of my soul for
being the best fans in the world. We got to relive something that I
never thought we could and it turned out better than I ever thought it
would. We didn't have to force it, it just happened and it was great.

"My
curiosity was piqued by the idea of what ANTHRAX would sound like now
with Joey singing. Over the last few months we've discussed this
endlessly to no avail. The problems that were there could not be fixed
no matter how hard we tried and in the end Joey made the decision.

"I
know a lot of you out there are disappointed by this and that's the
last thing we ever want. None of us want to disappoint. If we were
meant to make a reunion record we would've. Some things look easy on
paper but the reality is that they are impossible and what works for
one band doesn't work for others. Maybe we could've forced something
and cashed in on a new record but that's not the way we operate. My
reality is I feel we have some unfinished business with the 'We've Come
for You All' lineup and I will do my best to finish it.

"I hope you can find it in your hearts to support all of us in whatever happens going forward.

"Charlie
[Benante, drums], Frankie [Bello] and I are excited about creating new
music and for now we will focus on that and write another killer
ANTHRAX record."

This quote peaked my interest:
My
reality is I feel we have some unfinished business with the 'We've Come
for You All' lineup and I will do my best to finish it.

I wonder if the band is talking with John Bush again?

Also, I wonder if Dan Spitz is in or out. I know it was announced that his wife is pregnant with twins. Somehow I doubt that Rob Caggiano will be coming back. He's had some not so nice things to say about Anthrax since he was given his walking papers.

There is no news on JoeyBelladonna.com or Anthrax.com. Armored Saint's site only states something about some European tour dates.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:10 pm

I personally think this is good news, but I'm not really a huge fan of Belladonna.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Oh man, that sucks! I wanted to hear some new material with Joey back on vox.

I just can't get into the material with Bush on vocals. Totally rubs me the wrong way. I hope they get somebody new, and let John do something new with Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Anthrax with Bush suck! Bad news indeed!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 pm

I think the problem with the Bush era is the material is weak - I personally prefer Bush's voice over joey.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 pm

I too was looking forward to new material with Belladonna,very bad news!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 5:27 pm

Thats pretty lame Mad

Last edited by on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 5:53 pm

That news stinks. I like the material with Belladona. I was very impressed with the last release with John Bush. I really think Bush felt betrayed by everything, not sure if he would consider rejoining at this point. If I was him I would say forget you guys
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 10:15 pm

...I like Belladona, too bad. It could have been a killer album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:22 am

lol this is hillarious. i knew they couldn't keep it together. i hope John Bush tells them to piss off, after the way they treated him, simply to ca$h in on a "reunion" deal. it would serve them right.

they had a good thing going with the Bush line up & decided to toss it away for big nostalgia bucks. even though Joeys last name should be Primadonna rather than Belladonna, i'm glad he left them high & dry. Very Happy

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:04 am

mc666 wrote:
lol this is hillarious. i knew they couldn't keep it together. i hope John Bush tells them to piss off, after the way they treated him, simply to ca$h in on a "reunion" deal. it would serve them right.

they had a good thing going with the Bush line up & decided to toss it away for big nostalgia bucks. even though Joeys last name should be Primadonna rather than Belladonna, i'm glad he left them high & dry. Very Happy
I'm kinda with you on this one. Bush got the brush off in favor of a reunion tour/album, and now that Belladonna has bailed AGAIN, they want him back. That's bull.

Wasn't Armored Saint planning on doing a new album? I seem to recall something about John forming a new metal band as well, although my mind may be making that up.

I like Anthrax, but it'd serve them right to Bush to tell them to drop dead.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 4:49 am

Sad news indeed!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Oh man, that sucks! I wanted to hear some new material with Joey back on vox.

I just can't get into the material with Bush on vocals. Totally rubs me the wrong way. I hope they get somebody new, and let John do something new with Armored Saint.
These are my feelings as well.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 9:28 am

Damn it... I was hoping to get new album with Belladonna. But I was expecting this to happen. Sad
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 2:24 pm

Well... Maybe they can get Neil Turbin back in the band, Some friends
who have seen him live @ Sweden Rock 2006 said that he is still a great
singer! But that's just wishful thinking...
Back to top Go down

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 1:20 am

Anthrax unfortunately seems to have completely diluted themselves. They've kind of fallen into a KISS-like m.o. Slayer puts out new music, Megadeth puts out new music, Metallica puts out new music (no matter how much some of us hate their new music). Anthrax have mired themselves in reunion tours, live albums, and "greatest hits" retreads.

I, at one time, really enjoyed Anthrax. I really dug the Belladonna era, and after a while I warmed up to the Bush era. I was really into the reunion with Belladonna, and I wanted to see a new album with him come to fruition. The fact that Anthrax is controlled by Benante and Ian has gotten infuriating as of late. Ian seems to like the sound of his own voice, I get tired of hearing his commentary on everything in the metal world. He's become a media whore. Benante is just a straight up prick. I've had the displeasure of meeting him a couple of times, and he couldn't have been more aloof and arrogant. As far as I'm concerned, they're dead to me now.

By the way, I don't understand why We've Come For You All gets hailed as a great Anthrax album. Not even close. Volume 8 is superior, and it goes without saying what the greatest is. Something about Captain Trips.....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 am

Personally, I felt that Sound of White Noise was the best Bush era disc, although I like 'em all.

I don't really care about attitudes. If I stopped liking band's music based on the individual attitudes of the members, I'd have to get rid of half my collection. :lol

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 9:52 am

ultmetal wrote:

I don't really care about attitudes. If I stopped liking band's music based on the individual attitudes of the members, I'd have to get rid of half my collection. :lol

I would have to agree with ya,Ult
Back to top Go down

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 1:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Personally, I felt that Sound of White Noise was the best Bush era disc, although I like 'em all.

It can only help your cause as an artist to show some gratitude and appreciation towards your fans. Benante in particular has always seemed more concerned with what Anthrax has supposedly been denied unfairly than showing love for what he has been given. Anthrax should play Ozzfest, Anthrax should sell more records, Anthrax should play bigger venues. In my specific experience, it wasn't so much his complaining as it was his attitude that he couldn't be bothered to talk to me. This was a VIP meet and greet about 10 years ago. All of the other guys were fine. I understand people have bad days, but this happened again with him some months later, and not just with me, some of the other guests as well. The fact that I still talk about the incident today should be a clue that how you treat people in general says a lot about you, and leaves an indelible impression. I think Paul Stanley said that it would be like becoming President and then saying you don't like wearing a tie. If you're lucky enough to get what you want, shut up. Or in Benante's case, be cordial to fans of your band.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 1:47 pm

Oh, I agree. I've had a bad taste left in my mouth from how I was treated by the singer of a certain thrash band some years ago. It definitely can affect how you perceive a band.

I also agree that it can only help your cause as an artist to show some gratitude and appreciation towards your fans. I try to go out of my way to meet fans when Ultimatum plays.

However, in general, I don't stop being a fan of a band if one of the members is a jerk. Actually, with the exception of only one of two guys I have met, most band members have always been very cool to meet. I've met probably hundreds of bands, so I guess two isn't so bad. :lol

While I've not met him in person, I have had contact with Joey Belladonna on-line and he seemed very cool. Even sent me an autographed CD and a guitar pick. Never met Scott or Charlie. Would like to though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:37 am

Been checking Anthrax.com for the past few days to see if there is any official news. Unfortunately Anthrax has that stupid 'fan club' in place so that only those that pay to be part of their fan club get information. Here's what is posted:

Quote :
01.30.07| CHaRLIE BLOGS

By now I'm sure you have questions about what's going on. My problem
with all this is that most of it is very personal. I really don't
want to air our dirty laundry all over the Internet. Certain people have
"issues", had 'em in the '80s/'90s and still have them to this day. I
think it's true that some people are best at what they do worst...

Unfortunately in order to read the rest, you have to sign up for their fan club. Grrrr....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Been checking Anthrax.com for the past few days to see if there is any official news. Unfortunately Anthrax has that stupid 'fan club' in place so that only those that pay to be part of their fan club get information. Here's what is posted:

Quote :
01.30.07| CHaRLIE BLOGS

By now I'm sure you have questions about what's going on. My problem
with all this is that most of it is very personal. I really don't
want to air our dirty laundry all over the Internet. Certain people have
"issues", had 'em in the '80s/'90s and still have them to this day. I
think it's true that some people are best at what they do worst...

Unfortunately in order to read the rest, you have to sign up for their fan club. Grrrr....

Blabbermouth posted the rest of this the other day. I just did a search for Anthrax and it was the 1st article that came up. He says alot without really saying anything, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:29 am

Excellent. Thanks.

Quote :
ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante has commented on the band's split with singer Joey Belladonna, which took place less than two years after the group's classic lineup reunited for a "25th anniversary" tour.

In a statement issued via the band's official fan club site, CDC, Benante
writes, "By now I'm sure you have questions about what's going on. My
problem with all this is that most of it is very personal. I really
don't want to air our dirty laundry all over the Internet. I know what
happens when people get a hold of something like this, they make a
mockery of it and take away the human element.

"I tried so hard
to make things work and put in hours and hours or phone calls or as I'd
like to call it 'therapy.' Certain people have 'issues,' had 'em in the
'80s/'90s and still have them to this day. I think it's true that some
people are best at what they do worst...

"I just want OUR FANS to know that I live and breathe this band called ANTHRAX
but certain others could give a smurf poo about you. Don't let em tell you
different, this is the TRUTH. I don't want to hear or read, 'Well, he
said this or he said that...' I know the truth as to how it all went
down.

"Hang in there with us. The core of this band will blow it up once again and you won't remember what happened before this.

"My goal is to make the best music we can make, but we want to do it with people that WANT TO DO IT!

"...No time for losers, 'cause... you know the rest."

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian stated in an online posting last week, "We were offered a direct support slot on a major tour this spring and Joey
decided he did not want to move forward. The reunion is over. We tried
to make it work but I guess that's the problem, you can't 'make'
something work. It's gotta be natural and at least becoming a band
again and playing live was. . . Maybe we could've forced something and
cashed in on a new record but that's not the way we operate. . . My
reality is I feel we have some unfinished business with the 'We've Come for You All' lineup and I will do my best to finish it."

ANTHRAX's most recent studio album, "We've Come for You All" (featuring John Bush on lead vocals), was released in May 2003 through Sanctuary Records in the U.S. and Nuclear Blast
in Europe. The CD shifted just under 10,000 copies in the U.S. during
its first week of release to debut at No. 122 on The Billboard 200
chart.

The 2005 reunion of the "classic" ANTHRAX lineup of singer Joey Belladonna, guitarists Scott Ian and Dan Spitz, bassist Frank Bello and drummer Charlie Benante was followed by the release of the band's most comprehensive "best of" collection ever issued, the two-CD retrospective "Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991)",
which shifted just over 2,700 copies in its first week of release back
in September 2005. Meanwhile, the group's first video compilation, the
DVD "Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991) The Videos" (both on Island/UMe), sold less than 950 units in its initial week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Similarly, the band's live CD and DVD packages, "Alive 2 (2005)" (on Sanctuary Records), which document the group's summer 2005 reunion tour, opened with less than 1,100 and 1,700 copies, respectively.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:53 am

you could tell in previous interviews with Charlie, while the reunion tour was still going on, that he still had major issues with Joey.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 am

mc666 wrote:
you could tell in previous interviews with Charlie, while the reunion tour was still going on, that he still had major issues with Joey.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX Bummer!!!   ANTHRAX Bummer!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANTHRAX Bummer!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: